News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

That building that houses the animation shorts that now houses sounds dangerous, how big is that? I know where some of the meet and greets are used to house American idol auditions as well. Could that not be utilized? (Honest question, I’m not sure myself)
American idol is frozen and that’s also very popular. Mickey shorts is Waaayy too small. Only place I could see is magic eye, or a ground up new theatre.

Sectorkeeper71

Also the fireworks on the ceiling, the fake holes for the explosion part, statler and Waldorf on the side, sweedish chef in the back..
Oh I was talking about Disney Jr not muppets.

Muppets definitely is more of a challenge. I guess I could see little mermaid building (not likely since they’re designing a new show for that space) or maybe the lightning McQueen academy space? I’ve never been in the racing academy so I’m not sure what that space is like

CJR

you think the current CEO didn't know about this and approve it? I guarantee you this wasn't all Josh's plans and timelines

It's not because it was approved or the timelines, it's because of the way it has been presented and managed.

Public trust is important for a CEO of a publicly traded company, especially after your last parks-based CEO messed up so badly.

KDM31091

Why for any reason on earth would they need to remove a functioning attraction and multiple eateries for the coaster if they can install it in dead space on the other side of the park?

I’m sorry that’s just moronic. You’re taking away a beloved attraction that is also a great break from the heat and attracts guests yet never has a long wait due to great capacity. And you will replace it with a 90 second coaster with a 2 hour long wait, something Hollywood hardly needs more of.

LSLS

I disagree. Anytime they've changed anything, an uproar comes from somewhere....they expected this and accept it. And I'm actually fine with this one.
They knew the backlash (hence they didn't announce it during the presentation and waited til they could just dump it online). But I disagree there is always an uproar. Most the people who are considered haters (like I am labeled) were fine with as recent as the CBJ retheme when it was announced (at least saying it made sense with the IP mandates and they were happy the bears stayed). I actually don't think many would have an issue with eliminating Dino if they added FIRST so that the park could withstand it better. I doubt you would have huge uproar over losing launch bay for this. But you are seeing iconic attractions taken out, and most don't see why they need to be when they have other MORE suitable places. I think if this was the only place left for it, people would get it a bit more (still be upset, but get it). Monsters in AC would make a TON more sense, not just because that area has nothing, but because it is close to TSL, giving you an option to build out more Pixar close together. But this is leaving that AC as a "Blue Sky" Concept that hopefully one day they decide on and fund while eliminating an iconic show that many of the people with kids now went to as kids themselves.

Surferboy567

WorldExplorer

Ok, bit of a wild card here that makes ZERO sense: merge the muppetvision and HOP ideas. Muppetvision 3D In the Hall Of Presidents.

Setting aside all of reality, set aside the ruining things and terrible decisions for a moment: Completely removed from all context, the Muppets in a building clearly not made for the Muppets, trying to make a show around an existing show that keeps going off an inappropriate moments, actually sounds like a really funny idea.

But this is reality and we're in the midst of terrible decisions, so it would be awful.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Surferboy567

The fact that they are spacing it out does NOT make them look good.
They could truly not know though as the report states.
I gotta be honest I'm not even mad if Muppets and Star Tours is replaced, but I'm mad if its replaced before the Animation Courtyard/Rockin, an area none of us care about.
I think it's pretty unlikely Rock is involved if it goes in Animation Courtyard. Rock is a sit down launched coaster, this is a suspended coaster.

Sneaky

They could truly not know though as the report states.

I think it's pretty unlikely Rock is involved if it goes in Animation Courtyard. Rock is a sit down launched coaster, this is a suspended coaster.
I wonder what happens to grand avenue if they decide against muppets as the spot. Do they just leave it as is? Or hope people don’t care as much in a few years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom