News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
guys if you want to save muppetvision, you need to act like #savethejamboree. That rumor may not have even been true, but you know what they did? Emailed, wrote to, and complained to Disney DIRECTLY. Raise awareness.
without #savethejamboree, I don’t fully know if it would’ve been bears replaced with cars along with ROA and TSI.
You need to make your voices heard.
Your complaining skills may come into use now.
You all can do the same for Rivers of America! Look, I even got it started and made it easy. Put your signature where your mouth is…

Lilofan

Calling DHS a junk drawer is disingenuous. It's almost as if Disney's Hollywood Studios is becoming a Theme Park featuring Disney's Hollywood Studios. Remember them? LucasFilm (Galaxy's Edge), Pixar (Toy Story Land, Mosters Inc Land), FOX and probably Marvel (eventually). When Muppets Courtyard does go, and it will in the next 10 years I expect, it will be for a Star Wars expansion. Everything about the Monsters Inc Land designs scream Animation Courtyard to me.
Someone is going to snag the key under the mat at Muppets 3D pre show hallway as a souvenir or sell on eBay.

999th Happy Haunt

This is an incredibly misleading headline that is not at all supported by the actual article that follows it. They’re making it sound in the title like its officially closing whereas the article itself is just the same conjecture we’ve been having here about the concept art and some nebulous references to unsourced insiders that still offer no concrete information.

The Wrap is a publication known for these kinds of headlines and should be treated very cautiously as a source of any news. As we saw with RoA, we really shouldn’t take anything as news until Disney says it themselves.
You would say this Mr. Sullivan 🤨

Sneaky

Yeah but Jeff from Accounting who used the Animation Courtyard offices would have to park somewhere else, and that really bothers them.
Listen, I’m all for saving AC for something bigger, but don’t turf muppetvision. Because a monsters Inc grand avenue retheme without the prospect of losing MV3D sounds like a GOLDEN IDEA. Unfortunately we may not live in that world, because god I wish we could. DHS with door coaster grand avenue, muppetvision, and potentially the Simpsons is one park I’d like to go to.

doctornick

I had heard AC (that’s what it was originally designed for), but if someone here works in that area and openly refutes its placement there, who am I to question that? And if it’s not AC, it’s Grand Ave.

We will just have to wait for an announcement or permit.

Either way, both areas are slated for redevelopment at some point, so MuppetVision won’t be around by ~2029, regardless (and neither will those apparently unmovable offices…were they built on an Indian burial ground or something?).
Outside of AC, I would really think the stunt show plot would make a lot more sense to replace than Muppets. I know the stunt show can hold a lot of folks at once but it’s much less frequent and surely costs a lot to run and is a much larger footprint. Plus is potentially easier to utilize to expand backstage/into parking.

Mr. Sullivan

You would say this Mr. Sullivan 🤨
AHAHAA

Let me be clear: I am beyond excited for this land, but I do want Muppets to remain very badly. I know there’s a lot of questions right now surrounding this land. I have them too. I just wanted to point out that The Wrap’s piece isn’t really news and that it shouldn’t be something getting people scares because it just regurgitates what we’ve been saying here already.

jenjen9ny

Courtyard is looking to be saved for one of these two IPs.
🦊 🍩
I’d prefer Percy Jackson or Narnia. Simpson was interesting at universal but I feel almost like been there done that. Zootopia in China looks cool but I dont think I would want it in Hollywood Studios. Honestly I would prefer a revamped GMR but thats never going to happen :/

Last edited:

doctornick

HS is one park I'd be fine with Zootopia taking over an area like AC. Just not AK. (I'm good with a 3D movie that you have to make an effort to get to underneath TOL, though.)
I’d actually be happy with Zootopia in DHS. I think it would be a good addition. I would just want it to have more than one ride. Honestly the same with Monsters which definitely needs another ride along with the door coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom