News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ragerunner

If I was a betting man I'd say
2027 - Tropical Americas
2028 - Monsters and Cars
2029 - Villains

I kept seeing on twitter Disney is saying that everything announced will be open within 5 years. As long as that's truly what happens, it makes sense.
That seems reasonable.
That really leave 2026 as the wildcard year. While no major projects can be done by then, I think updates to Carousel of Progress and Journey to Imagination would fill in nicely for 2026.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

If I’m being honest, if there is a way to update grand avenue while keeping
MV3D, I’d be down. I think it’s kinda bland sans muppets.
I think the two options here are:
1.) Leave muppets as is
1A.) Move into animation courtyard and bulldoze Disney Jr, Launch Bay, animation building and put monsters there. Leave Rock intact.
2.) Bulldoze the entire area (plus grand avenue) and let Monsters move in.

Nickm2022

They could truly not know though as the report states.

I think it's pretty unlikely Rock is involved if it goes in Animation Courtyard. Rock is a sit down launched coaster, this is a suspended coaster.
I agree but I could see Disney removing the track (which is already in tough shape) but re-using the building for something else. I say this because the Monsters land looks quite big and if they can reuse any buildings for any purpose (ie the cars show which will probably end and the brown derby backside) I think they could and would want too.

I do think Montropolis blends better with the Grand Avenue / Commissary area but think that why touch that area when its find and animation courtyard sucks.

Sneaky

I agree but I could see Disney removing the track (which is already in tough shape) but re-using the building for something else. I say this because the Monsters land looks quite big and if they can reuse any buildings for any purpose (ie the cars show which will probably end and the brown derby backside) I think they could and would want too.

I do think Montropolis blends better with the Grand Avenue / Commissary area but think that why touch that area when its find and animation courtyard sucks.
I agree it blends betters. In my mind, all they need to do is somehow move the muppets and they’re golden.

Nickm2022

That seems reasonable.
That really leave 2026 as the wildcard year. While no major projects can be done by then, I think updates to Carousel of Progress and Journey to Imagination would fill in nicely for 2026.
I agree. I also could see in 2026 them having some shorter term things that need to be done from adding drones to shows, nighttime show for AK, repaint the castle, the Mando update for smugglers, etc.

My hope tho is they add Coco or new Figment for EPCOT in 26'. I'd also take a Stich replacement for Tomorrowland.

mitchk

HS is one park I'd be fine with Zootopia taking over an area like AC. Just not AK. (I'm good with a 3D movie that you have to make an effort to get to underneath TOL, though.)
Isn’t the story behind the tree of life that an ant planted a magical seed… I guess they don’t care about that anymore either

Sneaky

Yeah it’s a pretty pointless space. Just the last gasp of the old streets of America with the tap house and muppets thrown in
The one place i could see it move is magic eye, but i worry that because figment is kinda dead rn, and that the fact that it’s in a new random spot, is that muppetvision would kinda bring in no people as opposed to a lot where it is now

mickEblu

Depends on how you define “popularity”

California guests don’t flock to 3d films like they do in Florida - they literally beg guests to come to philharmagic at DCA but it still packs them in at MK.

Do you think that’s because the weather in Florida or because they have less locals visiting the parks?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Perhaps the key difference here is that this debate is taking place after concept art has been released. It was pretty obvious where TRON was going once art was released, right?
Yeah I think this is a unique situation where we have conflicting concept art, and no official word on the direction they are going. There seems to be a lot more going on than is apparent from the outside.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I agree it blends betters. In my mind, all they need to do is somehow move the muppets and they’re golden.
I would disagree simply because it's organizationally shortsighted. Unless Star Tours is also not long for this world, it makes a lot more sense to cluster the Pixar properties and redevelop Grand Avenue later with something that better bridges the gap between Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge. I would personally love to see it folded into a Lucasfilm Studio area, perhaps with a slight Shanghai / China Town makeover, replacing a restaurant with Lao Che's Club Obi Wan from Indiana Jones and moving anything IJ or Star Wars (outside the Galaxy's Edge timeline) here.

Sectorkeeper71

The one place i could see it move is magic eye, but i worry that because figment is kinda dead rn, and that the fact that it’s in a new random spot, is that muppetvision would kinda bring in no people as opposed to a lot where it is now
I’d personally like an inside out show there to pair with a refurbed imagination. But seeing as they insist on never doing the latter, I guess I’d take any improvement for that pavilion that I can get

Sneaky

I would disagree simply because it's organizationally shortsighted. Unless Star Tours is also not long for this world, it makes a lot more sense to cluster the Pixar properties and redevelop Grand Avenue later with something that better bridges the gap between Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge. I would personally love to see it folded into a Lucasfilm Studio area, perhaps with a slight Shanghai / China Town makeover, replacing a restaurant with Lao Che's Club Obi Wan from Indiana Jones and moving anything IJ or Star Wars (outside the Galaxy's Edge timeline) here.
I’d be down for that too. My Thoughts were just retheme mama Melrose to muppets, and put a Jim Henson museum in the old store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom