News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

the_rich

If they saw the backlash from this time and a miracle happens where they pivot, what makes you think they’d say “ah well just do it again in a few years”
Because they aren't going to pivot because of any backlash. They have their plans. If they want zootopia or the Simpsons in hs then its going to happen.

doctornick

Not sure anyone else heard of a show also included with the coaster.

So, this is interesting. If Monstropolis is both the coaster and a show (plus a playground?), I like the plans for it a heck of a lot more. Interesting that I suppose if that is the plan then either replacing MupperVision or replacing Disney Jr could be the location for a show. Of course, Disney Jr isn't a proper theater and would need a lot more work to make it viable.

And on that note, if they were adding the door coaster but otherwise keeping the MuppetVision building that would they'd have to be putting the coaster at least partially on what is currently backstage (I'd guess they would remove Mama Melrose and use the footprint plus space behind it)

I... don't hate it. I think AC is better as there is less of value there, but I'm not so wedded to MuppetVision that I feel like it can never disappear, especially if the Muppets get some other attraction (or it gets put somewhere else).

A big reason I like AC better is that thee is potentially a lot more room and they can build more with the land. Monstropolis would definitely need more than just the door coaster in terms of attractions. My biggest issue with losing MuppertVision would be that the park needs that capacity especially as an all ages continuously running show. It wouldn't be ideal to lose that during construction, but it wouldn't be as terrible as losing MV and only getting the door coaster

TrainsOfDisney

Do you think that’s because the weather in Florida or because they have less locals visiting the parks?
I think it’s a mix - the tiki room is very popular so indoor shows can still be a hit.

I do think a “screen based show” is less of an appeal to repeat guests - so that is part of it. Also when muppets was open at DCA - they also had Bugs Life - 2 3d shows in the same park.

I actually think muppets would be doing fine at DCA now without the bugs life competition - especially if they had made a nice marquee for it like they did for philharmagic.

Jeffxz

Yeah I think this is a unique situation where we have conflicting concept art, and no official word on the direction they are going. There seems to be a lot more going on than is apparent from the outside.
The original SWGE art was said to show the land going into the echo lake area replacing Sounds Dangerous/Stunt show/Parking Lot.

I don’t think the debates were as passionate as this, but I do recall there was a time that we didn’t know for sure.

#SaveTheLaunchBay

ChewbaccaYourMum

That seems reasonable.
That really leave 2026 as the wildcard year. While no major projects can be done by then, I think updates to Carousel of Progress and Journey to Imagination would fill in nicely for 2026.
2026 is when the next D23 is, and I would suspect we will get more news and concept art/ride names etc. for the already announced things.
PLUS announcements for new stuff like *possibly* Moana in Adventureland, Zootopia in DHS maybe?, Lion King in DAK. Figment new ride. SSE maybe? And those would be things opening between 2030-2035.

They said they have a 10 year plan for WDW and this would make sense.

RSoxNo1

Yes. I will be extremely disappointed if it needlessly replaces two popular attractions. In AC, it makes the park better. In Grand Ave, at best it’s a lateral move but perhaps even a downgrade if it’s really just one coaster that will inevitably break down a lot.
Could this be two tracks?

SirLink

They're trying everything.
Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

Ichabod Crane

Current word is that Uni is retheming or tearing down Rip Ride Rocket or whatever the name is before that and keeping Simps until the deal is up
Yeah that’s the 2026 project. The current rumored timeline for them is
2025 - EU
2026 - Rockit replacement
2027 - EU expansion 1 (Luigi’s Mansion)
2028 - Zelda in IOA
2029 - EU expansion 2 (Potter or Monsters)
2030 - Pokemon in USF’s current Springfield location

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom