News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wannabeBelle

And as much as I am not an imagineer, is it worth it to rip apart MV3D to put in Monsters, but then again be landlocked and not able to easily or at all expand in that area versus opening up the Animation Courtyard area and the backstage areas behind there to not only be able to add the one attraction but add in other stuff as well. I would vote to expand the footprint of the usable Guest space to add in as much as possible. I am not super attached to MV3D and wouldnt mind a change assuming it is done correctly, but there is no good overriding reason to remove this attraction now. Actually if anything there is a reason to keep it, as this park doesnt have near enough going on as is. Take area that currently has little or nothing and expand there first. Marie

ToTBellHop

And as much as I am not an imagineer, is it worth it to rip apart MV3D to put in Monsters, but then again be landlocked and not able to easily or at all expand in that area versus opening up the Animation Courtyard area and the backstage areas behind there to not only be able to add the one attraction but add in other stuff as well. I would vote to expand the footprint of the usable Guest space to add in as much as possible. I am not super attached to MV3D and wouldnt mind a change assuming it is done correctly, but there is no good overriding reason to remove this attraction now. Actually if anything there is a reason to keep it, as this park doesnt have near enough going on as is. Take area that currently has little or nothing and expand there first. Marie
It makes sense IF they have several expansions planned to take up that AC plot. There are plans but we all know how often those later plans get canceled or delayed 20 years. It would really stink to lose MV and still have Launch Bay in 15 years…

ToTBellHop

Exactly so. Plus if you are looking at it from a Guest point of view, I dont think anyone is going to cry over the loss of Launch Bay. The items in there can be moved to a different location and still keep the history aspect. Somewhere in GE might be a nice idea. Losing Muppets on the other hand..... Marie
Absolutely. The issue with AC is it would cost more because they’d need to build more and build offices elsewhere…and still have an empty Muppet Courtyard area.

CJR

It would really stink to lose MV and still have Launch Bay in 15 years…

Completely agree. Many ideas could have been put ahead of Monster's Inc, but money savings won - at least initially.

I feel like money will always win out if something cheaper pops up and it probably will. So many things in the park could technically get something ahead of a big and expensive AC project. Monster's Inc might be the best chance for something taking over AC any time soon, despite hope for something larger later.

Truth be told, at best, you'd be looking at two rides with any expansion. Disney seems to do just one ride or two in a land these days. The rest would be maybe a show, restaurants, and shops - which Monster's will have.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Courtyard wouldn’t be so empty if they actually brought the shops back. Maybe retheme Mama Melrose to something that would actually attract people.
If the shops brought people in, they wouldn't be closed. Honestly would be smarter to just close the shop permanently and add a M&G in that space. Or a tiny museum that doesn't take any staff to run.

ToTBellHop

I like Mama Melrose and agreed, it does enough...though the location is really hidden away.
It’s PizzeRizzo that needs to be changed up. Personally, I’d put a Pizza TSR inside with actual good pizza (Via Napoli level) and a QSR window outside that uses the outdoor tables. Epcot shows you can have a pasta TSR next to a pizza TSR and a QSR window.

If the shops brought people in, they wouldn't be closed. Honestly would be smarter to just close the shop permanently and add a M&G in that space. Or a tiny museum that doesn't take any staff to run.
Can't bring people in if the shop's closed 🐔🥚

If they didn't bring in people before that's a stocking issue, the park's full of people looking to spend money on merch and there's absolutely enough Muppets fans in the park every day. Hell they could sell some high ticket items like the Whatnot workshop.

wannabeBelle

Absolutely. The issue with AC is it would cost more because they’d need to build more and build offices elsewhere…and still have an empty Muppet Courtyard area.
They need to build more in any event. The Studios needs all of the entertainment, attractions, stores etc that it can get!! I understand the cost is going to be greater and maybe they want to kick this particular can down the road and have someone else take the heat for it. I disagree with that school of thought. I dont think that getting office space is going to be overly expensive,especially if iot is offsite and doesnt have to be built right now on property, but I agree IF this is done right, a lot of stuff can be built in that whole backstage area. Silly to not take advantage of the opportunity just because you want to be cheap. Marie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And that plot comes with retail spaces, a sit down restaurant, a quick-serve, and a city look that they could easily convert. From that perspective, it’s the logical choice if it weren’t in a park with a huge, abandoned eyesore near the park’s hub.
Wouldn't Melrose be razed if Monstropolis took over Grand Ave?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Can't bring people in if the shop's closed 🐔🥚

If they didn't bring in people before that's a stocking issue, the park's full of people looking to spend money on merch and there's absolutely enough Muppets fans in the park every day. Hell they could sell some high ticket items like the Whatnot workshop.
That was my favorite shop in DHS. Sad they never reopened it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom