News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

they could even film a new Muppet 3-D movie with even more elaborate in-theater effects and reboot the attraction and area... Bring back the idea of Mam Maelrose becoming a zany muppet restaurant run by the Swedish chef....I remember reading about that years and years ago... but it sure could be fun.... and really Rizzo's Pizza place needs to be rethought with edible pizza.

Basil of Baker Street

Ideally for me, I would put Monsters Land in AC area of LB, Offices and parking.

Down the road, I would look at a new Land from Indy down to Muppets or Expand GE out. Both Indy and Muppets are tired and as @MisterPenguin stated, Star Tours feels terribly out of place now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And as much as I am not an imagineer, is it worth it to rip apart MV3D to put in Monsters, but then again be landlocked and not able to easily or at all expand in that area versus opening up the Animation Courtyard area and the backstage areas behind there to not only be able to add the one attraction but add in other stuff as well. I would vote to expand the footprint of the usable Guest space to add in as much as possible. I am not super attached to MV3D and wouldnt mind a change assuming it is done correctly, but there is no good overriding reason to remove this attraction now. Actually if anything there is a reason to keep it, as this park doesnt have near enough going on as is. Take area that currently has little or nothing and expand there first. Marie

It wouldn't be hard to design Monsters land so that, like Toy Story, you could pass through it to get to another land. Even if they do end up land locking that area, the real expansion potential on that side of the park is the Indy area and then out into the parking lot.

Sneaky

Since monsters is getting the coaster, there go any chances of ride and go seek coming to America. I do hope the technology/ride concept of a pointsless interactive dark ride comes to wdw eventually. I think it is an easy concept that can be translated to many different story concepts and ip’s, and I think guests would love it. Also I do think if this somehow goes in muppets place, star tours at dhs will officially be put on the clock of inevitable replacement. Because if the prospect of connecting it with SWGE is permanently severed, then eventually it’ll be looked at for space.

Sneaky

I’m scared if muppets lives, it’s theatre will eventually be used as WEB SLINGERS like they did with bugs at DCA.
I’ve always thought they were holding on to star tours so they can retheme it to a marvel franchise when they can get the rights figured out.
There is the iron man ride at HK that uses the same tech.
I do feel like universal won’t hold out on marvel forever, but who knows what the MCU will look like when we do get avengers at DHS. maybe we’ll be going to an x-men campus by the time it’s done? Whatever it is, it’s likely many years away.

rle4lunch

Ideally for me, I would put Monsters Land in AC area of LB, Offices and parking.

Down the road, I would look at a new Land from Indy down to Muppets or Expand GE out. Both Indy and Muppets are tired and as @MisterPenguin stated, Star Tours feels terribly out of place now.

Star Tours feels so disjointed in both DL/WDW now, I really wish they'd just get rid of it. It's still enjoyable, but that 1990 simulator tech is undwhelming. POTC and HM get away with it as park anchor rides, but ST, not so much. Same for Muppets.

Sneaky

Star Tours feels so disjointed in both DL/WDW now, I really wish they'd just get rid of it. It's still enjoyable, but that 1990 simulator tech is undwhelming. POTC and HM get away with it as park anchor rides, but ST, not so much. Same for Muppets.
I mean, on the pirates end, boats are timeless because, yknow, they’re boats. I do think star tours is kinda outdated tech wise, and it should be used for replacement. I do think muppets has so many moving parts outside of the movie that it feels less like a “3d movie” and more of a full show that has 3d. I’d like it to stay forever, but something about it just gives me this feeling deep down that it’s not destined for that. I do feel like the muppets could and should come back in wdw in some new way if MV3D has to go eventually. The muppets have one upside that many other ips don’t:they can do literally anything. A new muppet’s experience could be so many things. I just hope WDI gives them the chance.

ToTBellHop

I personally think it’s a matter of time before universal gives in. It’s a LONG time away, but I don’t see them holding out MHSI forever.
Tom Holland waiting for Josh to call:
1725644452994.jpeg

Sneaky

And also to add on: Grand avenue does need an update. I just don’t think tearing out muppetvision would be the right one for the park. If there’s a way to make the courtyard better and keep muppetvision (including possibly a new ride), I will be first in line to support it.

UNCgolf

I personally think it’s a matter of time before universal gives in. It’s a LONG time away, but I don’t see them holding out MHSI forever.

There's just no reason for them to ever give it up. It costs them almost nothing, and they prevent a competitor from being able to use the IP.

If they do give it up any time in the foreseeable future, it'll likely be because Marvel is no longer considered a major draw to the point where Disney probably wouldn't want to use it anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom