News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So is mupppetvision closing or not? I don’t even know what way this is going.
No one knows for sure at this point. Perhaps not even Disney.

It would be helpful if people stopped asking to know where it's going because no one knows until it's announced. It's not a secret that some know and then will break the secret by letting us know because someone asked.

If it's a secret and you ask, they won't tell you, because it's a secret. If it's not known and you ask, they won't tell you because they don't know.

And when it's announced, everyone will know at the same time.

Similarly, it's not helpful to ask *when* we'll know. Same situation: no one knows. And if they know and haven't told us yet, it's a secret. And they're not going to break the secret just because someone asked.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No one knows for sure at this point. Perhaps not even Disney.

It would be helpful if people stopped asking to know where it's going because no one knows until it's announced. It's not a secret that some know and then will break the secret by letting us know because someone asked.

If it's a secret and you ask, they won't tell you, because it's a secret. If it's not known and you ask, they won't tell you because they don't know.

And when it's announced, everyone will know at the same time.

Similarly, it's not helpful to ask *when* we'll know. Same situation: no one knows. And if they know and haven't told us yet, it's a secret. And they're not going to break the secret just because someone asked.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

ToTBellHop

And as bad as it was (and it was bad), it was still better than nothing which is what we have now. At least while it was there it was something interesting for my kids to look at while we ate lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue.
Absolutely. Am empty amphitheater out in the open is disgraceful. Put in one of those million dollar hole-in-one challenges with the hole on a floating island! I love watching overly-confident men cry.

chriswacy

If MV3D were ever to be replaced, it should be with Star Wars so as to connect GE with Star Tours. Putting Monstropolis there doesn't make sense. Not that thematic purity has been a top concern, but an animated world would be wildly out of place going there instead of, you know, Animation Courtyard.

I want Muppets to be saved at all costs and even I agree with this. Star Tours is still fun and it's such a toss-up way to add more 'Original Trilogy' stuff.

BlindChow

You can even argue that the laugh floor is the best representation of the franchise if you want to look at it from a representation angle. Not that I think the laugh floor is high art or anything like that, but it represents the actual plot of the franchise the best out of the built attractions.
It looks like they are embracing the scream-collection angle for the coaster as well, as there are Scream Canisters attached to the ride vehicles in the concept art...

Surferboy567

It looks like they are embracing the scream-collection angle for the coaster as well, as there are Scream Canisters attached to the ride vehicles in the concept art...
Remember this takes place after the movie as Josh said, so it’s laughter they are after. Which is funny and ironic because if the monsters think a coaster is the best way to extract laughter…then that’s probably why they have an energy crisis in the first place.

You are correct though, the ride vehicles do have canisters embedded in them which seems that is how they are powered. Maybe they intend on filling up extra canisters with human laughter.

ToTBellHop

Remember this takes place after the movie as Josh said, so it’s laughter they are after. Which is funny and ironic because if the monsters think a coaster is the best way to extract laughter…then that’s probably why they have an energy crisis in the first place.

You are correct though, the ride vehicles do have canisters embedded in them which seems that is how they are powered. Maybe they intend on filling up extra canisters with human laughter.
There’s probably some sort of power shortage that requires quickly going through doors to make kids laugh and power the city. Thus a coaster.

pdude81

They just need to start the ride off with, "I'm Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to Monstropolis." Then I'm guaranteed to laugh until I die like the Weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Energy crisis averted.

LSLS

If MV3D were ever to be replaced, it should be with Star Wars so as to connect GE with Star Tours. Putting Monstropolis there doesn't make sense. Not that thematic purity has been a top concern, but an animated world would be wildly out of place going there instead of, you know, Animation Courtyard.
So, I take it you agree that it's going in Muppets then?

CJR

I truly don’t think anyone (not connected with the project) really knows for sure. Half seems convinced its in one spot and half in the other.

That's because both spots have been looked at in depth for pretty much the same project.

It trickles down and creates a big web and then personal opinion gets tossed into the mix. I was always told that AC was next, and it made little sense to me that they'd take out MV sandwiched in between GE and Star Tours - unless the long term plan isn't to have ST as it is now. Since it's still very much in motion, they would have probably been better off announcing the Villains show at D23, but they didn't want to take attention away from the MK land.

All in all, Disney seems to be eager to get rid of MV. That eagerness probably won't go away, unfortunately. At best, an extended life and it could take years, but they'll return to it. Just like they'll eventually return to looking at Roger Rabbit in TT in DL. When they get determined on something, it's a matter of when. It could take a long time, but they will get around to it.

TrainsOfDisney

All in all, Disney seems to be eager to get rid of MV.
I think it’s more that current Disney wants to replace and not expand - so anything is on the table. Muppets as an IP has a very large footprint on Disney+ and is most likely the most recognizable brand in the company next to Mickey Mouse. That doesn’t mean it’s safe of course.

CJR

I think it’s more that current Disney wants to replace and not expand - so anything is on the table. Muppets as an IP has a very large footprint on Disney+ and is most likely the most recognizable brand in the company next to Mickey Mouse. That doesn’t mean it’s safe of course.

Oh yeah, it's not the IP. It's the age of the attraction, the demand it has, the area it's in, among other things. It's definitely MV itself, not the IP.

ToTBellHop

Oh yeah, it's not the IP. It's the age of the attraction, the demand it has, the area it's in, among other things. It's definitely MV itself, not the IP.
And that plot comes with retail spaces, a sit down restaurant, a quick-serve, and a city look that they could easily convert. From that perspective, it’s the logical choice if it weren’t in a park with a huge, abandoned eyesore near the park’s hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom