News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did you see how quick they built transformers? An attraction just as complex as Rise in like what… a quarter of the time?

name calling is not how you make friends :)
Transformers is my favorite ride at Universal for pure joy when riding….maybe in all of Orlando, but it’s not on the level of Rise in scope or complexity. They did build it rather quickly but I think it was a clone which helps.

As far as being called a fanatic I’d wear as a badge of honor :). It’s Friday night and we’re talking about puppets and cartoons ;););)

Casper Gutman

Starwars and transformers are not even remotely comparables in tech or quality..
In tech, true... Resistance is much more complex.

But Transformers is more fun and a MUCH better representation of the IP. Outside of the thrill of the escape pod unlatching, Resistance is more something to be admired then enjoyed, especially repeatedly. It sums up a lot of what's wrong with modern Disney Imagineering- impressive tech (some of which fails where less impressive tech would have achieved the same effect more reliably) but an overall experience that adds up to much less then the sum of its parts because of underwhelming design. See also Guardians and Tron and Pandora River and...

Gusey

Let's face it. We won't know where this is going until they announce the closure of a replacement, which will likely be in 2025

cjkeating

Did TWDC not go through a huge round of layoffs not too long ago? Did they not generate any spare office space in Florida as part of that to relocate the people in the animation buildings to?

Casper Gutman

It’s a damn shame this discourse is happening around this ride (from disneys poor decision making), because this is legit one of the best concepts for a Disney ride that has come in a long time. If it goes in AC, it will likely elevate DHS to an even better park. Excited to see it when it opens.
I fail to see how it’s a great concept for a ride. It’s a rollercoaster in an industrial warehouse, likely with some door-sized screens. It seems like a vastly inferior ride concept compared to Tokyos Monsters ride.

Stripes

Premium Member
I love Star Tours. I love Tower of Terror. I love Runaway Railroad. I love Muppets. I love all of those attractions despite applying the same “scrutiny” that I bring to Resistance.
And I love Rise, love Tower of Terror, love Muppets and I dislike Star Tours and Runaway Railway.

Everyone is allowed an opinion. The thing is, my mom‘s favorite attraction of all time is Ratatouille. I disagree with her but I don’t slam my disagreement in her face because I want her to enjoy what she enjoys and I don’t want to rain on her parade.

If you were talking to your family on this forum, I have a feeling you’d be wording your posts a bit differently.

Trauma

Popped into this thread to see if any announcement has been made, what’s going on in here?

We have new members of the shield defending Disneys decline into the dumpster.

I don’t know why we are discussing Rise but it’s a good ride in a land that leaves much to be desired.

Pandora is the last addition to the parks that I feel was Disney quality. Unfortunately, that Imagineer is no longer employed by Disney.

Marc Davis Fan

I fail to see how it’s a great concept for a ride. It’s a rollercoaster in an industrial warehouse, likely with some door-sized screens. It seems like a vastly inferior ride concept compared to Tokyos Monsters ride.

I’m similarly skeptical of the door coaster. It feels like the excitement about it is based on how great the “door chase” movie scene was, and how it makes us want to ride a door… but, based on the concept art and model, I can’t tell what would elements could be of visual/thematic/storytelling interest. Hopefully, they‘ve come up with something clever that they’re concealing in their choices of materials released thus far…

Apropos of nothing, count me as a huge fan of RotR’s multiple pre-shows. For me, they help make it feel like a more complete story/adventure. I’d really enjoy it if Disney continued in that “multi-part, extended experience” direction in these new additions. Speaking of which… do any of our insiders have thoughts on whether the door coaster and/or other new attractions will indeed follow this trend?

bwr827

Feel free to point out the “falsities.” Or, for that matter the negative “hyperbole” regarding a ride I consider to merit 4 out of 5 stars.
Your review of Rise is the weirdest 4-star review I’ve read in a long time.

If you left the “4 out of 5 stars” part out, and polled people on what they think your rating is, zero people would guess 4 stars.

If you additionally left out the “it’s a pretty good ride”, I bet the guesses would peak at 2.5 stars at best.

TrainsOfDisney

the vertical lift for the door coaster looks really cool - definitely a cool design for a suspended coaster and something everyone will love. The rest of the coaster looks very compact but that goes with the theming so it works.

Definitely putting money on the second lift getting cut - that’s got to be the most expensive part of the attraction.

Casper Gutman

And I love Rise, love Tower of Terror, love Muppets and I dislike Star Tours and Runaway Railway.

Everyone is allowed an opinion. The thing is, my mom‘s favorite attraction of all time is Ratatouille. I disagree with her but I don’t slam my disagreement in her face because I want her to enjoy what she enjoys and I don’t want to rain on her parade.

If you were talking to your family on this forum, I have a feeling you’d be wording your posts a bit differently.
I invite you to review which posters have been personally attacking other posters for having their own opinion.

Also, while I respect the opinions of a lot of the posters here, you’re not my family. You’re fellow fans on a discussion board discussing opinions.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
can someone map out the track layout for me?
Capture.PNG

seabreezept813

Another coaster with a height requirement rushed to anchor a boutique land of single Disney movie owned IP is the last attraction Disney needs at any of their parks. Particularly DHS.
Yup we were at HS recently with kids 20, 6, and 3. My thought was next time just hop there for 3 hours to do ToT, TSM, Mickey, and Fantasmic. The Star Wars rides are good but that park is freaking exhausting when every attraction is a Rider Swap. Granted by the time Monsters opens maybe my kids won’t be terrified of Slinky but all big rides isn’t super appealing to us. We like variety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom