News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Leader of the Club

In terms of revenue generation from merch and food/bev, the muppets area underperforms. That’s all the reason the bean counters need. If anything they’re likely operating at a loss.

Less capacity means more LL sales.

They don’t think about the guest experience.
Maybe they should open the multiple shuttered gift shops and keep PizzaRizzo open after 5 pm…🤷🏻‍♂️

Schmidt

The prices are nuts and I admit we still pay them too. My kid and I went to Tiffons in AK a few weeks ago and yes paid way too much for what we got for sure. The best part was the wonderful, glorious, AC!!

I am not feeling good about their decisions about replacing instead of expanding on new undeveloped land, but as I have said many times, Disney will do what Disney will do and nothing we say here will change it. For me, these boards are good therapy 😀

Who knows, maybe it will be great! I will show up in any

The prices are nuts and I admit we still pay them too. My kid and I went to Tiffons in AK a few weeks ago and yes paid way too much for what we got for sure. The best part was the wonderful, glorious, AC!!

I am not feeling good about their decisions about replacing instead of expanding on new undeveloped land, but as I have said many times, Disney will do what Disney will do and nothing we say here will change it. For me, these boards are good therapy 😀

Who knows, maybe it will be great! I will show up in any event 😉
I promise you if they mess up the Magic Kingdom, I’ll be out front with you holding a pitch fork and a torch looking for answers.

doctornick

My thought was they would need the mama melrose space but could keep PizzaRizzo since it’s “off to the side” and next to the large bathroom area. They might share a kitchen, not sure on that. They could convert to a TS but I was thinking it stays QS and just has the Harryhausens theme added. Then the doors coaster and retail space plus courtyard cover where Muppetvision, large store and Mama Melrose are now. Maybe they could expand back into parking if needed.
Based on the concept art for that area (including the water tower for reference) it looks like Harryhausens would be in the far corner from where Pizzarizzo is (kinda behind where the big Muppets shop is). But who knows. Sure, they could put Harryhausens in the Pizzarizzo space though. Would be unfortunate to have a net loss of restaurants.

The Leader of the Club

My thing with Monsters replacing Muppets is that completely boxes in Galaxy’s Edge. I assumed that they left Muppets as an option to potentially expand Star Wars’s presence. Losing Muppets for something unrelated to Star Wars means that Galaxy’s Edge is likely the only Star Wars experience we’ll see until they find a way to expand into the parking lot (or figure something out to do with the Star Cruiser).

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
My thing with Monsters replacing Muppets is that completely boxes in Galaxy’s Edge. I assumed that they left Muppets as an option to potentially expand Star Wars’s presence. Losing Muppets for something unrelated to Star Wars means that Galaxy’s Edge is likely the only Star Wars experience we’ll see until they find a way to expand into the parking lot (or figure something out to do with the Star Cruiser).
I'm ok with that.

GravityFalls

I don't think they need to demolish anything in the Muppets area. They might be able to get away with something like this.

1724454021987.png

The Leader of the Club

I don't think they need to demolish anything in the Muppets area. They might be able to get away with something like this.

View attachment 811262
This is actually my preference. We can still retheme Meleose to HarryHausen’s if we have to, since it is between lands now.

Heck, I’d even be okay with replacing Stage One with a Flat Ride. Just don’t touch MuppetVision

jenjen9ny

This is actually my preference. We can still retheme Meleose to HarryHausen’s if we have to, since it is between lands now.

Heck, I’d even be okay with replacing Stage One with a Flat Ride. Just don’t touch MuppetVision
Let’s leave Mama Melrose alone and retheme Pizza Rizzo to be HarryHausens. No reason why the restaurant can’t be a quick service Japanese place like they have in EPCOT.

EricsBiscuit

Plans in EU have been regularly shifting. Nix a theater for a family coaster. Hold off on a second Potter ride. Move around restaurants.

Full steam ahead means a few of the box cars fall off.
At least Uni can make decisions quickly. Disney seems to take the design by committee approach which takes 19373626616363 years to complete and produces a mediocre result which lacks the creative vision to please anyone while simultaneously offending everyone.

James Alucobond

At least Uni can make decisions quickly. Disney seems to take the design by committee approach which takes 19373626616363 years to complete and produces a mediocre result which lacks the creative vision to please anyone while simultaneously offending everyone.
They just announce everything earlier, which makes it look less stable when it’s probably the same amount of stable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom