News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

EricsBiscuit

Wrong on first as another mentioned, imaginary speculation on the second šŸ™ƒ

Even if it were the case they can't decide, that's better than blind decisions. What exactly would be wrong with Disney taking more time to evaluate options?
Is Uni not going full steam ahead? Have you not seen the aerials?

Thereā€™s obviously conflicting concept art. They claim that this is a green-lit project, so why no details?

Their decision making process is defective. It takes too long and arrives at compromises that please nobody.

Schmidt

At least Uni can make decisions quickly. Disney seems to take the design by committee approach which takes 19373626616363 years to complete and produces a mediocre result which lacks the creative vision to please anyone while simultaneously offending everyon
They announce so early out of desperation. They have so little that they actually build and when they do build something, itā€™s never a home run anymore. Theyā€™ve lost their

They announce so early out of desperation. They have so little that they actually build and when they do build something, itā€™s never a home run anymore. Theyā€™ve lost their touch.

I think most of their new attractions in the past are awesome. Starwars, pandora, guardians, Tron. They are awesome! No?
Iā€™ll give you Tiana, but I think at least one of the people responsible for Tiana and the Epcot debacle are no longer in the company.

Anyway just got back from Dis and Universal. Iā€™ll say this, Universal isnā€™t exactly making proper investments in their current parks. I mean some of their rides were in a Six Flags type of condition, especially that flume ride. That thing is gross. You think DreamWorld land and that other recent stand up shooter thing are good additions???

Last edited by a moderator:

EricsBiscuit

I think most of their new attractions in the past are awesome. Starwars, pandora, guardians, Tron. They are awesome! No?
Iā€™ll give you Tiana, but I think at least one of the people responsible for Tiana and the Epcot debacle have been let go.

Anyway just got back from Dis and Universal. Iā€™ll say this, Universal isnā€™t exactly making proper investments in their current parks. I mean some of their rides were in a Six Flags type of condition, especially that flume ride. That thing is gross. You think DreamWorld land and that other recent stand up shooter thing are good additions???
Each attraction you mentioned is good, but not a home run. Not trying to nitpick, but each one has its own quirk that snaps defeat from the jaws of victory. Whether itā€™s that the ride is too short or that it replaced something beloved. They just canā€™t seem to expand their parks in creative ways like they used to. Everest was their last expansion that checked every box as awesome. Since then, each new ride has had some kind of drawback it canā€™t atone for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Each attraction you mentioned is good, but not a home run. Not trying to nitpick, but each one has its own quirk that snaps defeat from the jaws of victory. Whether itā€™s that the ride is too short or that it replaced something beloved. They just canā€™t seem to expand their parks in creative ways like they used to. Everest was their last expansion that checked every box as awesome. Since then, each new ride has had some kind of drawback it canā€™t atone for.
For me Pandora was the last great thing with basically no downsides.

lazyboy97o

Did you see how quick they built transformers? An attraction just as complex as Rise in like whatā€¦ a quarter of the time?
As stated, Transformers: The Ride 3D is not ā€œjust as complexā€ as Rise of the Resistance. It doesnā€™t even have the live fire of its predecessor. The Orlando attraction was also the third time the attraction had been built, with a strong edict to just do it so improvements were not made and mistakes repeated. It had also spent years in development. The attraction was first developed for Universal Studios Hollywood but never received full funding. Genting liked the concept and agreed to fund the project if it opened at their then in development Universal Studios Singapore first.

Most importantly it is not something Universal could do today. It was an amazing flex that existed very specifically in that moment.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
A land that was trashed on this forum for years right up until it opened with ā€œreal fansā€ vowing to never step foot into it.
1000001577.gif

Schmidt

A land that was trashed on this forum for years right up until it opened with ā€œreal fansā€ vowing to never step foot into it.
Iā€™ve made this point as well.
I was around back then, and the response was very visceral, so many man babies crying about how it doesnā€™t belong, no one likes avatar, Iā€™m never going to ride it. Same thing. Guess what people love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom