MK updates 11/22 - New addition to Carousel of Progress, food locations open, etc.

MissM

Original Poster
These are reposts of my tweets throughout the day. I have better shots on the camera but those will have to wait.

Crowds/Wait Times
First off, MK was quite busy today. Just a LOT of people walking around everywhere. Waits were kinda long - even things like it's a small world... had 30-40 minute waits and it's normally a walk-on. Got a Fastpass for Space Mountain at 11:45am and the return time was 6:50-7:50pm. It was running VERY full all day with 110 standby at one point. Big Thunder's Fastpass return line when we came back around 7:20pm was a longer wait then the standyby 50 minute wait. (We didn't wait.)

MK is open until Midnight with EMH until 3am but we have to work tomorrow so we left around 8:30pm. Wishes was 10pm with Spectro 9 and 11pm

Food
Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace was open and serving burgers, chicken nuggets and other generic items from 11am-4pm. 4pm onward was the Asian menu.

noodlestation-nov09.jpg

El pirata y el perico was open for lunch and serving tacos.
Cell phone pic: http://twitpic.com/qitze

The Friar's Nook was open and selling chicken nuggets and other simple items all day.

Casey's had a sign that they were offering a 6-piece chicken nugget meal for $6.89 in addition to the hot dogs.

EVERYONE was pushing the chicken nuggets today! Any place who served food seemed to have them.

Carousel of Progress
There's been an update to the last scene of Carousel of Progress!! They actually have a flat panel, widescreen LCD tv now!!
Cell phone pic: http://twitpic.com/qj9bv

Not much better apparently regular pic:
cop-newtv-nov09.jpg

(In case anyone's curious it says "Samsung" on the tv though you can't read that here.)

HOLY COW! AN UPDATE!! The space pilot game's graphics looked really good actually on the tv. I was so shocked, I just pretty much stared the entire time at the new tv.

Weather
Drizzled in tiny bits but mostly the rain held off. Overcast most of the day, but did get a little stagnant and hot for a few hours in the afternoon. Nicer when the sun went down but still a smidge too muggy. Shops and attractions had a weird mix of too much ac or too little because the weather was weird today.

Parting shot... Main Street from the Train Station around 8:30pm. (No tree up yet of course since they won't put it up until after the xmas parade taping.)

mainstreet-trainstation-nov09.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks for the report! I guess that TV was the "refurb" for CoP for a few years. Maybe by 2011, the Mom will get a new more modern laptop. :rolleyes: :lol:

MissM

Original Poster
Hasn't that been there for a while? Maybe I've always been imagining things.
Nope. It's new. The most recent shot I have previously of the tv itself is from August 15, 2009 but I've been there as recently as a few weeks ago and it was still the old style. We always commented on it because it was a Sony WEGA Trinitron and that was the tv we had prior to our own LCD upgrade.

Here's August:

cop-tv-aug09.jpg

xtimMOOthyx

LOL. I rode tonight and was shocked at the sight of the new TV! Now, if we could just get Grandpa a Blu-Ray player instead of that Lazer Disc he's been watching...

Figment1986

LOL. I rode tonight and was shocked at the sight of the new TV! Now, if we could just get Grandpa a Blu-Ray player instead of that Lazer Disc he's been watching...

Dowan't mother have an old carphone not in the scene.. those don work, they are anlogue.. maybe clip a Verizon flip phone or blackberry to her belt.:lol:

EPCOTPluto

Food
Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace was open and serving burgers, chicken nuggets and other generic items from 11am-4pm. 4pm onward was the Asian menu.

noodlestation-nov09.jpg

El pirata y el perico was open for lunch and serving tacos.
Cell phone pic: http://twitpic.com/qitze
I was there the day before. Both places were DEAD quiet.

But is it me, or should they remove the "Noodle Station" subtitle? Nowadays Americana fare is served more...

Carousel of Progress
There's been an update to the last scene of Carousel of Progress!! They actually have a flat panel, widescreen LCD tv now!!
Cell phone pic: http://twitpic.com/qj9bv

Not much better apparently regular pic:
cop-newtv-nov09.jpg

(In case anyone's curious it says "Samsung" on the tv though you can't read that here.)
Besides the inconsiderate crowd I had yesterday, I also noticed that as well. Definitely approve it. :D

Perhaps they could be quietly refurbing Act IV now... Yes, I want to see Sarah get a new laptop. And make it Dell. :lookaroun

dobball23

Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace

I was there the day before. Both places were DEAD quiet.

But is it me, or should they remove the "Noodle Station" subtitle? Nowadays Americana fare is served more...

When is the last time the Tomorrowland Noodle Station was open regularly (not seasonally) and served its namesake food? I am a somewhat recent Disney follower - since 2005ish) and don't recal it being open regularly since then.

EPCOTPluto

When is the last time the Tomorrowland Noodle Station was open regularly (not seasonally) and served its namesake food? I am a somewhat recent Disney follower - since 2005ish) and don't recal it being open regularly since then.
That, IMO, can be a question to stump the Disney experts. :lookaroun

I think it was around 2002-2003, but I may be wrong... :shrug:

Animaniac93-98

Didn't John get new pants in one scene earlier this year?

I love it when CoP gets random fits of spending. Hope the clothes and skins on the figures are next to be replaced in Act 4.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Or at least one that works... she seems to be programming the voice activation with a blank screen. :lookaroun
I was under the impression that the laptop screen worked and just showed a running script of the show... maybe you caught it on an off day... or maybe I'm just completely wrong.
Either way, it's great that they're finally starting to fix the last scene. Lord knows it still has got miles to go, though.

Figment632

Good news but this is a complete joke that they won't update the last scene inCOP. This refurb would be a TDO special, cheap, quick, and rather simple. I don't see why they won't do it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom