MK updates 11/22 - New addition to Carousel of Progress, food locations open, etc.

Good news but this is a complete joke that they won't update the last scene inCOP. This refurb would be a TDO special, cheap, quick, and rather simple. I don't see why they won't do it?

I think they havent because its neither of these three. If they update one scene they would have to do the rest. And the amount of "regular" guests
COP gets (few) they cant justify it. It saddens me but its true.

Figment632

I think they havent because its neither of these three. If they update one scene they would have to do the rest. And the amount of "regular" guests

I dissagree the other scenes would just need some spit in polish, a basic refurb. The only scene that currently hurst the attraction is the final scene. Just to bring it up to date all TDO would have to do is some minor script changes, a few new props, and new clothes. This is how TDO opperates.

Now what they should do is a different story. They should set the final scene in the way distant future like 2121. Kind of like the end of Horizons, if they did this they wouldn't have to worry about updatingf the last scene for a very long time.

EPCOT Explorer

Great Reporting!

I think they're pushing Chicken Nuggets to appeal to the fickle "EpcotServo" demographic.
Mmmm....:slurp::lol:

I would kill to see Chicken Crispers, though.:lookaroun

Me too. I would also ask if they can fix the hydraulics in some of the AAs.
YES, a thousand times over. Niagara Falls Jon is VERY, VERY creaky and snaps. :(
I was under the impression that the laptop screen worked and just showed a running script of the show... maybe you caught it on an off day... or maybe I'm just completely wrong.
Either way, it's great that they're finally starting to fix the last scene. Lord knows it still has got miles to go, though.
There should NEVER be a off day....:eek:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I don't think they'd need to redo the previous scenes. Just re-record some dialogue and get mom a new laptop and that scene would be almost not embarrassing.

montyz81

Who wants to bet that the flatscreen is left over from the Space Mountain referb. They probably ordered extras just in case and then realized they didn't need it. Figured it would be consistent with screens in tomorrowland and put it in COP.

Figment632

Who wants to bet that the flatscreen is left over from the Space Mountain referb. They probably ordered extras just in case and then realized they didn't need it. Figured it would be consistent with screens in tomorrowland and put it in COP.

I think you are right, great point!

bpiper

Better yet, I bet the TV broke. Always assume the simpliest answer. 9 out of 10 times its correct. I have the same TV at home and it is approaching 10 years old. They don't make many CRT TV's anymore, so they had to go out and replace it with a flat screen HDTV. Wonder if its LCD or Plasma?

Rinx

I think they should change when the daughter says to the grandfather, "....when you didn't even have a car phone" to "....when you didn't even have a cell phone." :shrug:

EpcotServo

^This is so true, they literally buy those screens in bulk, then just throw the leftovers anywhere, or just leave them sitting in their boxes. It's outrageous spending.

trr1

I was there the day before. Both places were DEAD quiet.

But is it me, or should they remove the "Noodle Station" subtitle? Nowadays Americana fare is served more...

Besides the inconsiderate crowd I had yesterday, I also noticed that as well. Definitely approve it. :D

Perhaps they could be quietly refurbing Act IV now... Yes, I want to see Sarah get a new laptop. And make it Dell. :lookaroun
it will most likely be an apple computer:hurl:

Future Guy

That laptop is so old they could get one of those show models from Wal-Mart that someone has pried all the keys off of, and it would be a major improvement.

EpcotServo

And that's the spending they SHOULD cut, not RIDE spending.:brick::brick:

Soooo frustrating.

No, not really. It's outrageous spending for someone like me, but the absurd price of all those screens is like barely 1/10ths of even a simple ride effect or piece of track. It's like buying paper plates for them, if they spend money elsewhere or not, they still have to buy screens.

EPCOT Explorer

No, not really. It's outrageous spending for someone like me, but the absurd price of all those screens is like barely 1/10ths of even a simple ride effect or piece of track. It's like buying paper plates for them, if they spend money elsewhere or not, they still have to buy screens.

Money is money. They don't spend it on screens, they can do something else that is equally needed for something way more important.

EpcotServo

Money is money. They don't spend it on screens, they can do something else that is equally needed for something way more important.

You miss my point- The Money spent on buying screens is large to us, but is simply a drop in the bucket compared to even say, painting, or basic upkeep. The amount of Money corporations deal with is far beyond "Penny saved, Penny earned" tactics.

And they do use them...Like this at COP, replacing broken and older TVs, and giving Cast Members suitable break rooms.

EPCOTPluto

That would be wonderful. Why are you puking? :) :lookaroun
Look at Act IV.

carouselconclusion.jpg

Look at an Apple computer:

apple-imac-computer.jpg

(Unless they plan to completely update the scene), I rest my case. :)

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom