MK updates 11/22 - New addition to Carousel of Progress, food locations open, etc.

RSoxNo1

Who wants to bet that the flatscreen is left over from the Space Mountain referb. They probably ordered extras just in case and then realized they didn't need it. Figured it would be consistent with screens in tomorrowland and put it in COP.

I would guess that when they refurbish hotel rooms they could add an additional TV in without it being too problematic.

I'm sure they could get the shell of a Macbook and replace the laptop that the mother is using. It's really just laziness.

EPCOT Explorer

But Evan in the end it helps out COP so does it really matter :shrug:
True, true..
You miss my point- The Money spent on buying screens is large to us, but is simply a drop in the bucket compared to even say, painting, or basic upkeep. The amount of Money corporations deal with is far beyond "Penny saved, Penny earned" tactics.

And they do use them...Like this at COP, replacing broken and older TVs, and giving Cast Members suitable break rooms.
Also true, and important.:wave:

I'm just anxious for change.:lol:

Look at Act IV.

carouselconclusion.jpg

Look at an Apple computer:

apple-imac-computer.jpg

(Unless they plan to completely update the scene), I rest my case. :)

:lookaroun
That was the point, Pluto.:lookaroun:lol:

Animaniac93-98

At the very least if a major refurbishment is done they need to update Act 4 and finish replacing the theatre seats in the 5 that didn't get them changed.

WDWFanatic

So i assume no construction walls go up in fantasyland until after the holidays?

I hope the crowds go down after this sunday, I was hoping for a quieter week when i check in at the bay lake tower. Im so excited!

AdrainB

HAH! :lol: they put a Flat Panel in!? That's very funny....they should give that kind of upgrade to the rest of the attraction!:eek:

What's funny is that in the spiel about CoP on the TTA they say that it's four different families. I guess they can't reconcile the fact that when it was first created the first and last scene were only separated by 40 years and now it's 80 years.

EPCOT Explorer

What's funny is that in the spiel about CoP on the TTA they say that it's four different families. I guess they can't reconcile the fact that when it was first created the first and last scene were only separated by 40 years and now it's 80 years.
Isn't that wrong?!:brick: I thought it was the same one, stuck in time...or has that never been clarified.

Speaking things needing updates in COP

Is it me, or do the Jon animtronics necks look like they're not attached to his body? It freaks me out everytime I see the show.

I don't think they'd need to redo the previous scenes. Just re-record some dialogue and get mom a new laptop and that scene would be almost not embarrassing.

Agreed the other scenes are fine, they give a good snap shot of life in each of their time periods. My question is how hard is it to even just update their clothes. This has to be one of the cheapest, easiest things to do to at least keep it looking kind of current if nothing else.

EPCOTPluto

I THOUGHT it was the same family just in four different times.:shrug:
From what I read, the current COP is the same family throughout the years (Where's that Fountain of Youth they're hiding?) :lookaroun

From 1973-1994 was when there were four different families, dogs, settings - all sponsored by GE. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom