MK Cinderella Castle Rehabs

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Fievel
Hey who wants to report a post? I have...2 on this thread, in fact. And no....rob is not one of them. He is simply trying to help out the CM's by offering a warning so other CM's dont' get in trouble.

However, I have seen CM's get in trouble for what has been posted here. And yes...there is a small group of people that are saving posts and sending them into the proper people so that not only can the people be dealt with in a proper manner, but the offender can edit their posts all they want, and it won't do them any good. In fact....editing the post to say little or nothing will look more guilty than the post itself did.

Hmm..

So Fievel,

You believe that if someone works for WDW they're not allowed their opinion?

And must cater to guests off the clock?

Because lying and saying I agree with on all subjects would be catering, which is not what i'm paid to do.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
A thought..

Many of my posts have been reportedly "reported" because of things i've said.. yet i've never heard a single word from a moderator about them.

Perhaps because they don't agree with you...?

-Rob

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by indigo
I don't know... I heard from a friend who talked with a CM at the MK last week, that there was no guest demand for a regular castle at the Magic Kingdom, so they're bringing back the Birthday Cake that made so many little kids happy.

-indigo ;)

LOL!

Hmmmm....somewhat outrageous comment (unfortunately containing a lot of truth), followed by a winking smiley....could it be.....a joke? :lol:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by RobFL

Hmm..

So Fievel,

You believe that if someone works for WDW they're not allowed their opinion?

And must cater to guests off the clock?

Because lying and saying I agree with on all subjects would be catering, which is not what i'm paid to do.

-Rob

I suppose it depends upon your employment contract.

Back in prehistoric days, I worked in the nursing department at a major medical center. I could all I wanted to friends, family and co-workers....but would have been in big trouble had I gone "public" with my complaints, especially if they breached patient confidentiality or implied any sort of malpractice on anyone's part. The internet didn't exist then, but I suspect that chat rooms, forums, etc. would be considered "going public" by administration today.

I agree that a very small percentage of Disney's "guests" actually frequent fan sites....but their numbers are growing, and they all have friends and families....supposedly, there are how many degrees of separation between all people? ;)

There's a difference between lying and just not saying anything.

dixiegirl

gee, maybe they should use the crane as a temporary ride at disney.........lol well since its gonna be there....think of it as taking the place of the old skyline...............lol........oooh raven the crane will look sooo beautiful at nite with the fireworks............just breathtaking............(sorry i have to laugh about it now, what else can i do......)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by dixiegirl
gee, maybe they should use the crane as a temporary ride at disney.........lol well since its gonna be there....think of it as taking the place of the old skyline...............lol........oooh raven the crane will look sooo beautiful at nite with the fireworks............just breathtaking............(sorry i have to laugh about it now, what else can i do......)

You'll probably be so busy dodging the "fakers" in wheelchairs and "scooters", and all the parents who rent strollers for their children who are just being lazy, that you won't even notice! ;) ;) ;)

(I put lots of "just kidding" smilies so no one should take that statement seriously.)

dixiegirl

a question.........about food

hay guys... getting away from the castle thing.........(everyone is just getting so hostile) what is everyone favorite thing to eat at disney??? i love the cinn coated almonds............this year i think im actually gonna try a turkey leg........ anyone else??? ( and yes if you need to talk about the castle feel free!!!!! i agree, i wish they woul dpaint it at nite, but what can we do?? nothing really..........oh well):drevil: :hammer: :sohappy:

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: a question.........about food

Originally posted by dixiegirl
[B..........this year i think im actually gonna try a turkey leg........ [/B]

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek: Another one turned to the Dark Side! :(

(BTW....the old turquoise blue, steel framed strollers were much better as "crowd cutters." ;) )

dixiegirl

hay,,,,hikira

hay hikira...we were there 6 years ago also for our honeymoon.. we got married aug 31....there for sept 1.........just when they started on the cake........you date???:hammer:

To all of those posting on this site who have said "it's not a big deal -- I wouldn't mind" think of it this way. If you were going with someone you poked and prodded for years to go, and they'll probably never go again, you wouldn't be the least bit disappointed that Disney waited until a week before your trip to announce a CRANE in the middle of what you described as the most magical place on Earth? Cranes are not magical to me. We're going with people who have never been before, will probably never go again -- we convinced them to come. We've all been talking about the picture in front of the castle for months. I don't mind rehabs -- I'm bummed about Maelstrom, but I've know about it for almost 3 months, so it's no big deal. But to get our hopes up for something, only to dash them less than a week before we leave -- THAT'S NOT THE DISNEY.

And yes, my husband is a graphic designer. We can easily use Photoshop to take out the cranes, but that's not the point -- it's extra work for him when it didn't need to be that way and the crane will take away from the magical look and feel of the park.

The castle had a major paint job/refurbishment when they removed the castle cake. The whole castle was painted and restored and the new lighting system was put in. And painting at night was "THE WAY" for the first 25 years of WDW -- NO work went on during the day, even if it meant the project took extra time. THAT'S THE DISNEY WAY!

We will have fun, but I'm allowed to be disappointed, angry and thoroughly annoyed that this last minute project will put a damper on some of my magic.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Is there a list of all the current rehab projects going on and their estimated completion dates?

I know about the big ones like Maelstrom, the Castle, and M:S, but what are all these other Epcot rehab that are going on? And when are they to be finished?

indigo

To anyone who has read this far, congratulations! Yes my post was a joke (hence the ;) ). It amazes me how easy it is to start a rumor among Disney fans. I still hear the 'parking lot is sinking' at Disneyland all the time, another rumor I started as a joke.

As far as having the crane by the castle. I've only been to WDW twice. Both times the bloody castle was under construction. Once they had the crane to fix the bloody cake, the second time there was some scaffolding. But as others have said, I grinned and bared it. I just took pictures from different angles and believe it or not, after the first couple times of looking at the construction, the magic whipped it away (sort of a photoshop of the mind).

So if the crane bothers you, go watch some classic Disney flicks, read some Walt stories, and open yourself to the magic. You'll be glad you did.

TravisMT81

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy

I am sorry. For what it costs to vacation at WDW, I better not see a stupid crane around the castle. Thought the concept is hard to grasp for Disney nuts like you and I, for some people, a trip to WDW is a once in a lifetime thing. Imagine the pictures of your family in front of the castle this fall. Not so magical, huh? I don't understand why Disney can't just paint it at night.

well Fievel already said what I wanted to say about the crane. But I am tired of society in general, they act like you owe them the world. Some of the complaints at Guest Relations are outlandish. I really don't think the small things should ruin their vacation, you are going to die young from the high blood pressure.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by TravisM

well Fievel already said what I wanted to say about the crane. But I am tired of society in general, they act like you owe them the world. Some of the complaints at Guest Relations are outlandish. I really don't think the small things should ruin their vacation, you are going to die young from the high blood pressure.

I agree with you 100%! Why do some people think Disney owes them something? The castle just like everything else in Disney World needs to be rehabbed. So if they don't do it during your trip they are going to have to do it on someone else's trip so someone has to end up a little upset. But I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when Disney needs to fix something. Would you rather see the castle rot away? I know I wouldn't. And the way Disney has kind of cutback on the paint jobs in the parks I am glad to see something get the attention it needs.

Originally posted by indigo

So if the crane bothers you, go watch some classic Disney flicks, read some Walt stories, and open yourself to the magic. You'll be glad you did.

No offense meant at all, but the whole "find the magic" thing is really starting to annoy me. I live with the magic everyday -- I have amazing memories. We were engaged at WDW, married at WDW, honeymooned at WDW, did the millenium at WDW, had two of our three anniversaries so far at WDW. It's not about me! It's about the people that don't understand "the magic" to begin with. They're the reason Walt didn't want work done while the park was opened.

I'm really bummed for my friends, who may find it harder to find that "Disney" feeling because of the crane in the middle of the park (not to mention the fact that I've now heard several people say that Epcot WS is looking quite dismal with several renovations there, too).

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

I agree with you 100%! Why do some people think Disney owes them something? The castle just like everything else in Disney World needs to be rehabbed. So if they don't do it during your trip they are going to have to do it on someone else's trip so someone has to end up a little upset. But I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when Disney needs to fix something. Would you rather see the castle rot away? I know I wouldn't. And the way Disney has kind of cutback on the paint jobs in the parks I am glad to see something get the attention it needs.

People think Disney owes them something because they spend thousands of dollars to go there to get the experiences they see in TV commercials. I agree there are probably tons of really outlandish complaints, but people want to get what they THINK they paid for.

And the castle is certainly in no danger of rotting away. Like I said in my last post, the castle had a major rehab in the late 90s after the castle cake was taken down. The crane is strickly for a paint job of the roof -- they've done this before without a crane. They've done this before at night. That's my complaint. It doesn't HAVE to be done this way, they CHOOSE to do it this way.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Married@WDW

People think Disney owes them something because they spend thousands of dollars to go there to get the experiences they see in TV commercials. I agree there are probably tons of really outlandish complaints, but people want to get what they THINK they paid for.

And the castle is certainly in no danger of rotting away. Like I said in my last post, the castle had a major rehab in the late 90s after the castle cake was taken down. The crane is strickly for a paint job of the roof -- they've done this before without a crane. They've done this before at night. That's my complaint. It doesn't HAVE to be done this way, they CHOOSE to do it this way.

So would you rather allow the paint to fade for another 10 years? The castle is fading and badly and it needs to be taken care of. Trust me they don't do this to ruin vacations, but it has to be done and it can't be helped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom