MK Cinderella Castle Rehabs

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by STGRhost

Well, then, how did you NOT know to expect that there would be rehabs?
I'm all about living on a budget, (who do I work for?:) ) and I am VERY aware that the parks are expensive (even overpriced for some things).... But what I'm saying is you KNOW it's expensive, and you chose to vacation there anyway. And you CHOSE to go during hurricane season, and at a time of year when it's well known that rehabs usually go on. As a reasonable adult (which you probably are) you should understand that these buildings, rides, etc. CANNOT exhist for an infinite ammount of time without touch-ups, rehabs, etc. You need to psych yourself up for having a GOOD time on your trip, not a bad time.. (the Good time is sometimes out of your hands, but if you plan on a BAD trip, you're guaranteed to get one)

Well of course the parks need touch-ups and such...thought that that was why the hours were so short! Plenty of time when the parks were closed to do that sort of thing.

STGRhost

Also, if I could add to what is a train wreck of a thread (once again)...
I don't come to this board to be rude to anyone, and I hope I'm not perceived as being rude. I am, however, going to be HONEST. If people ask about stupid or weird guest requests, I'll give examples. If people ask for trip planning advice, I'll try to give some. If I have an opinion, I'll express it, and I'll try to use examples from my job to illustrate WHY I have these opinions.
On the job, of course, I keep most of those opinions to myself. I always smile (co-CMs tease me about smiling through the worst guest sits). I am a trainer, and a damn good one - I train by the books, and I set a good example for my trainees. Would I talk like this to a real guest? Probably not. Do I think it in my head? Your kidding youself if you think CMs don't.
Finally, I think we need to remember that the "average" guest at Disney does not visit sites like this. Again, it's a very small portion of the poulation that does, and I tend to expect a certain level of Disney knowlegde that many "average" people don't have. I think that if people don't want the magic "ruined", they probably (or at least, ought to) stay away from a "rumor" board... JMHO

RobFL

Account Suspended
Honest truth, painting is not something you want done at night.

Energy was painted at night and ended up 2 different colors of blue, paint spills everywhere.. not to mention thye used the wrong kind so it bled when it rained.. and they painted over our plants.. oo, and the really terribly job they did on our doors that took weeks to fix.

It looked good in the dark though.

-Rob

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by STGRhost
I am a trainer, and a damn good one - I train by the books, and I set a good example for my trainees.

Disney Trainers FOREVER!!! lol..

I train by the books, and by personal experience

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by RobFL
Honest truth, painting is not something you want done at night.

Energy was painted at night and ended up 2 different colors of blue, paint spills everywhere.. not to mention thye used the wrong kind so it bled when it rained.. and they painted over our plants.. oo, and the really terribly job they did on our doors that took weeks to fix.

It looked good in the dark though.

-Rob

Just like the crapy paint job on the monorails. But wait they are done in the day. I guess disney just cant paint.

cymbaldiva

Silly me! I thought is was a fan site....not a rumour that CM's hate their jobs site!

Can't we all just give peace a chance and quit fussing now?

STGRhost

Well of course the parks need touch-ups and such...thought that that was why the hours were so short! Plenty of time when the parks were closed to do that sort of thing.

Not to beat a dead horse (not that we aren't already)...
You make a good point. There is time at night, and they DO use it...but some rehabs go on for longer, and even if they don't make things ugly (like a crain in front of a castle) they mean that attractions may remain closed for a while. Can't open Maelstrom during the day if it's in pieces, can we?
Also, the park hours aren't reduced so they can do rehabs. Park hours are shorter (usually when crowds are lighter) to save money. Period.

TURKEY

Originally posted by mktiggerman

Disney Trainers FOREVER!!! lol..

I train by the books, and by personal experience

I got to be a trainer becuase I was a hard worker and took pride in my job no matter if i was having a bad day or not. Not bad for a CP.

jmarc63

Originally posted by mktiggerman

hey, warning to all the CM's who are being rude on this thread..

Disney DOES monitor these boards,

they HAVE fired CM's in the past for pulling this crap of "identifying yourself as a Cast Member and verbally assaulting a potential guest."

It doesn't matter if you're on or off the clock, the second you identify yourself as a CM you become a representative of Disney, and are liable for your actions as such.

btw- the first tip to providing good guest service is... "TRY TO SEE THE GUESTS PERSPECTIVE!" It really annoys me the arrongance I see from some of the CM's who post... I'll put it bluntly, for the peanuts that Disney pays, you can't afford much, but you CAN afford to take your job a little less seriously. These are the people who pay your paycheck, the least you could do is NOT MAKE THEM MAD while they're planning their damn trip.

ok.. enough venting

I've stopped... and I've been warned by my management. As for the rudest of all... I'll put in mildly- there's a faction on the boards that wants to see you gone from Disney for some of the stuff you yourself have posted, which directly attacks guests.

and Rob, you don't exude the "Disney persona" either. At least I attempt to see the other persons point of view, before (and if) I rip them a new one.

The coin has 2 sides, don't try to be so hypocritical.

Mktiggerman for once i have no reservations about agreeing with you. I wont go into specifics but he doesn't exactly make a person feel free to make an opinion. he knows what I am refering to.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Yeah, if there not enough guests, they can't pay me 3/5 a cent per guest anymore! So they cut my hours!

Wait, that would be really funny and all... but FW always has the same hours.

-Rob

kaos

Let's not forget the Disney Point...

My feet sometimes hurt more than my jaw from smiling, but my ears ALWAYS hurt from hearing guest complaints...

I miss my CM days... It was always pleasureful seeing an angry guest walk away smiling. More than once that I was able to "save the day", so to speak....

PPJV

Where would this information come from?

How definite are these dates for the castle refurbishment? And how do you know that the crane will be up during park hours?

The park closes early on the weekdays so they probably will work on it then but on the weekends its open late... so maybe If you go on the weekend it won't be there.

Originally posted by TravisM
first you take the risk of a lot of rehabs when you travel in the fall. If these little things bother you that much you really need to evaluate your life, because there is a lot of other stuff to worry about.
I am sorry. For what it costs to vacation at WDW, I better not see a stupid crane around the castle. Thought the concept is hard to grasp for Disney nuts like you and I, for some people, a trip to WDW is a once in a lifetime thing. Imagine the pictures of your family in front of the castle this fall. Not so magical, huh? I don't understand why Disney can't just paint it at night.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Hey who wants to report a post? I have...2 on this thread, in fact. And no....rob is not one of them. He is simply trying to help out the CM's by offering a warning so other CM's dont' get in trouble.

However, I have seen CM's get in trouble for what has been posted here. And yes...there is a small group of people that are saving posts and sending them into the proper people so that not only can the people be dealt with in a proper manner, but the offender can edit their posts all they want, and it won't do them any good. In fact....editing the post to say little or nothing will look more guilty than the post itself did.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy

I am sorry. For what it costs to vacation at WDW, I better not see a stupid crane around the castle. Thought the concept is hard to grasp for Disney nuts like you and I, for some people, a trip to WDW is a once in a lifetime thing. Imagine the pictures of your family in front of the castle this fall. Not so magical, huh? I don't understand why Disney can't just paint it at night.

Because it would cost TONS more...and that's one more expense which could add to already growing ticket prices.

I've worked construction....getting a crane in place, anchored, and ready to go takes hours...moving it in and out every night would only allow for an hour or two of work at best.

Not worth the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom