MK Cinderella Castle Rehabs

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by k9kris
I'm really upset about what's going on during my trip Sept. 7-12. First, I was booted out of Caribbean Beach Resort for refurb. All of World Showcase is being worked on. Cinderella Castle is going to have ugly cranes next to it along with the more construction on the gazebos. Oh yeah, I'm going during hurricane season, too!

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN TARNISH THE MAGIC ON MY TRIP??

Someone please tell me if you know of more refurbs.!!

I'm sorry about wining like this, I'm just trying to get it out of my system. I want to know what to expect on my trip.

Sorry but I have to say it:

September 11th anniversary can tarnish it as well.

TravisMT81

first you take the risk of a lot of rehabs when you travel in the fall. If these little things bother you that much you really need to evaluate your life, because there is a lot of other stuff to worry about.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by dixiegirl
thanks jedi.....my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted a postcard i'd go to the disneystore not spend$ 2,400.......oh well .. no need to get hostile rob...............:hammer:

Mine too! Once again, I'm not sure Walt would approve...

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by TravisM
first you take the risk of a lot of rehabs when you travel in the fall. If these little things bother you that much you really need to evaluate your life, because there is a lot of other stuff to worry about.

Man, if you save as long and hard as I have to save to get to WDW, the details count !

Raven - D*** good point! :D

STGRhost

I'm really upset about what's going on during my trip Sept. 7-12. First, I was booted out of Caribbean Beach Resort for refurb. All of World Showcase is being worked on. Cinderella Castle is going to have ugly cranes next to it along with the more construction on the gazebos. Oh yeah, I'm going during hurricane season, too!

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN TARNISH THE MAGIC ON MY TRIP??

How about: YOUR ATTITUDE!

Seriously, I can't tell you the number of people I see ruin it for themselves. The way you sound in your post, you're already setting yourself up to have a crappy time. If that's what you're expecting, that's what will happen... Try to lighten up a little...most of what you mentioned isn't THAT big a deal, compared to all of the other, wonderful things that ~Could~ happen on your vacation. Besides, you shouldn't spend thousands of dollars on a vacation just to see ONE thing, regardless of how beautiful (the Castle) or great a ride (Rockin' Rollercoaster) or anything else it is...(I've actually had people use this reasoning with me, a la "We couldn't go on [insert ride] and our vacation is ruined! We want ALL of our money back!")
OR, on the flip side, you could have gone at a busier time, when all of the attractions are usually open, but then you'd have had to contend with the crowds and the heat.

Also, YOU planned your trip during Hurricane season - that had nothing to do with Disney.

STGRhost

quote:

Originally posted by TravisM

Man, if you save as long and hard as I have to save to get to WDW, the details count !

You shouldn't use "but it's soooo expensive!" as an excuse. If all the details really count, then do your homework. It's certainly no secret that Disney does most of it's major rehabs in the fall, when the crowds are smaller. You'll get no sympathy from me (or most CMs) if you use ignorance as your excuse to be upset about rehabs (or prices, or anything else..)

DisneyWorldGuru

WHY DO PEOPLE FIGHT ABOUT THINGS THEY CANT CHANGE???

Get over it being closed and stop fighting over it. And STGRhost is right. Disney does do most major rehabs after the summer season. That is why Disney gives its best discounts in the fall.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by indigo
I don't know... I heard from a friend who talked with a CM at the MK last week, that there was no guest demand for a regular castle at the Magic Kingdom, so they're bringing back the Birthday Cake that made so many little kids happy.

-indigo ;)

You're kidding, right?

cymbaldiva

Ignorance STGRhost? I think not. It's called living on a budget to get to visit the one place you'd really love to be. And BTW, when I first started visiting in the winter, there were no signs of such mess in the parks. Trust me, I always do my homework! :animwink:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hey, warning to all the CM's who are being rude on this thread..

Disney DOES monitor these boards,

they HAVE fired CM's in the past for pulling this crap of "identifying yourself as a Cast Member and verbally assaulting a potential guest."

It doesn't matter if you're on or off the clock, the second you identify yourself as a CM you become a representative of Disney, and are liable for your actions as such.

btw- the first tip to providing good guest service is... "TRY TO SEE THE GUESTS PERSPECTIVE!" It really annoys me the arrongance I see from some of the CM's who post... I'll put it bluntly, for the peanuts that Disney pays, you can't afford much, but you CAN afford to take your job a little less seriously. These are the people who pay your paycheck, the least you could do is NOT MAKE THEM MAD while they're planning their damn trip.

ok.. enough venting

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by mktiggerman
hey, warning to all the CM's who are being rude on this thread..

Disney DOES monitor these boards,

they HAVE fired CM's in the past for pulling this crap of "identifying yourself as a Cast Member and verbally assaulting a potential guest."

It doesn't matter if you're on or off the clock, the second you identify yourself as a CM you become a representative of Disney, and are liable for your actions as such.

btw- the first tip to providing good guest service is... "TRY TO SEE THE GUESTS PERSPECTIVE!" It really annoys me the arrongance I see from some of the CM's who post... I'll put it bluntly, for the peanuts that Disney pays, you can't afford much, but you CAN afford to take your job a little less seriously. These are the people who pay your paycheck, the least you could do is NOT MAKE THEM MAD while they're planning their damn trip.

ok.. enough venting

This comming from someone who is the rudest of them all...?

C'mon, seriously, no one has said anything here that is unreasonable. No one is deliberately ing anyone off. People are saying that this is the end all of their vacation and they are over reacting in doing so.

And by your logic Tigger, you'd of been in a whole bunch of trouble by now because you don't exactly exude the "Disney persona."

-Rob

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by RobFL
This comming from someone who is the rudest of them all...?

And by your logic Tigger, you'd of been in a whole bunch of trouble by now because you don't exactly exude the "Disney persona."

-Rob

I've stopped... and I've been warned by my management. As for the rudest of all... I'll put in mildly- there's a faction on the boards that wants to see you gone from Disney for some of the stuff you yourself have posted, which directly attacks guests.

and Rob, you don't exude the "Disney persona" either. At least I attempt to see the other persons point of view, before (and if) I rip them a new one.

The coin has 2 sides, don't try to be so hypocritical.

DisneyWorldGuru

Well if Disney does watch these boards then they must not listen to guest feedback. Just look at the COP debate.

Oh yeah, one more thing if Disney is listening:
You have great parks but the people who run it bite!!!
(no i am not talking to the CMs I am talking to people like eisner and Pressler.

mickey04

The castle refurbishment wouldn't bother me so much if I (someone whose been there many times) were going. But for my 12 year old cousin- who this September will go there for the first time- I do feel bad. I've been telling her about that "first time you walk into the park and see the castle" for a long time. I hope it doesn't ruin that feeling too much. Yet I understand the work has to be done. She's going at the end of September, so I hope maybe they finish early or something. Oh well.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by RobFL
I've never said anything that wasn't true. Call the truth an attack? So be it.

-Rob

if you want, I'll do a search on your previous posts.. including some which you edited after being warned. You may want to start erasing/editing them, because I have read you attacking people, and being just plain rude to them.

cymbaldiva

Here's my .02 -

I am just a humble guest when I go to the parks and I visit when I can...it's a bit hard for me to hear CM's fussing about the guests fussing about the rehabs.

Ya'll see the parks all of the time, we don't. Can you really blame us for wanting them to be as wonderful as possible when we do get to go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom