Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Timothy_Q

Maybe they will color label them correctly. The spinner is more likely the one that will cause people to leave the building with a green hew, so that one should be called the green side. The calmer one should be the grey side. Orange has no real meaning anymore.

Honestly, they should retire "green" altogether. It does make me think of vomit every time, which confuses me which side is which.

Should be orange (or red) and blue. To match the planets

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I wonder if they'll flip-flip the Green and the Orange simulators so as to extend their life and limit wear and tear on the vehicle's ride system. Like rotating tires on a car but Disney style!

Opinion: Is it too much to ask for some 4-D effects? Is that possible with this update? I don't know how any 4-D effects can be implemented into the storyline but Green could certainly benefit. It's a snooze. A multi-million dollar snooze. Give me a blast of air or something!

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wonder if they'll flip-flip the Green and the Orange simulators so as to extend their life and limit wear and tear on the vehicle's ride system. Like rotating tires on a car but Disney style!

Is it too much to ask for some 4-D effects? Is that possible with this update? I don't know how any 4-D effects can be implemented into the storyline but Green could certainly benefit. It's a snooze. A multi-million dollar snooze. Give me a blast of air or something!
The sides are staying the same.

cspencer96

Definitely not true.
If you have motion sickness, the best option in a simulator is closing your eyes or looking away from the screen (down). So it just feels like a very bumpy off-road car drive. The screen is the main component in making you sick, since the actual movement isn't anything too out of the oridnary. The screen is what messes up your brain.
Typically, like with Star Tours, you'd be correct. In that case, you are just being tilted around in a big box. However with Mission: Space -Orange Team, there is an added element that throws your idea of the screen being what messes up your brain way off. In this case, looking away from the screen (turning your head) causes the fluid in your inner ear to be moved off of the plane of rotation of the centrifuge. This can cause severe disorientation, and is the exact reason why one should not do as you describe on this simulator. Your brain is being tricked to think it is moving forward because of the combination of the screen and the positive centrifugal force against your body. If you take away one of these elements, your brain then has trouble figuring out what's happening. This is why a lot of people who close their eyes or turn their head feel fine while on the ride, but don't after they get off.

Timothy_Q

Typically, like with Star Tours, you'd be correct. In that case, you are just being tilted around in a big box. However with Mission: Space -Orange Team, there is an added element that throws your idea of the screen being what messes up your brain way off. In this case, looking away from the screen (turning your head) causes the fluid in your inner ear to be moved off of the plane of rotation of the centrifuge. This can cause severe disorientation, and is the exact reason why one should not do as you describe on this simulator. Your brain is being tricked to think it is moving forward because of the combination of the screen and the positive centrifugal force against your body. If you take away one of these elements, your brain then has trouble figuring out what's happening. This is why a lot of people who close their eyes or turn their head feel fine while on the ride, but don't after they get off.

I'm aware.

We're talking about green side and regular simulators.

This is how it started

Thanks for this. So I'm assuming if you need to you can close your eyes on the Green side without side effects like I've heard of on the Orange side if you turn your head/close your eyes etc.

sedati

Earth is more of a blue planet than green.
Also, I believe the beloved People Mover has killed the most of any attraction.

No Name

So far, "Mission Earth and Mission Mars" has not appeared on any official Disney websites. It's still green and orange.

Yeah, the two most recent parks blog articles called them Green Mission and Orange Mission. So a slight name change, but still the two colors. I like it.

I think a ride called Mission: SPACE with an option called Mission: Earth is a little too similar in wordage to Spaceship Earth. Not that anyone should be confused by the two rides, but I've been surprised...
I never loved the name Mission: SPACE, it's inspired far worse predecessors like Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
@wdwmagic @danlb_2000

Can somebody please make a major thread called epcot overhaul or something like Disney Springs, Pandora, and the Studios Redevelopment threads i hate looking through all the threads to find the specific epcot threads I'm looking for

Yeah I'm kinda feel'n like this needs to happen. But probably not until Brazil or UK make a go for greenlit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom