Mission:Space update (confirmed)

kbmb

Definitely not true.
If you have motion sickness, the best option in a simulator is closing your eyes or looking away from the screen (down). So it just feels like a very bumpy off-road car drive. The screen is the main component in making you sick, since the actual movement isn't anything too out of the oridnary. The screen is what messes up your brain.

Yeah, this is basically what I will do on Star Tours if I start to get that feeling. Honestly most of the time on Star Tours I'm fine - it's when you get the ride vehicle with crappy A/C that bothers me more!!

We made our passes for M:S on the 13th! We'll be doing Green ;)

freediverdude

Well i got my fastpasses for that Wed. after it opens, but I'm guessing it will be a dumbed down version for kids. At least no characters are appearing or anything to outright ruin it. I hope they got the joysticks working, that's always cool when those work.

Goofyernmost

That's because BTMR is medicinal. It cures kidney stones.

But you're right that the idea that a ride kills because of a precondition is silly. People with a precondition can die from that precondition while running, walking, sitting, or sleeping. But no one gets worried of killer mattresses. The Disney incident blotter mentions people who go to the hospital or die from riding the bus.

Obviously, if you have a known precondition for which sudden moves might trigger it, then yes, you try to stay away from thrill rides. But if you have an unknown precondition, your time might come on Tower or Terror, or on The Peoplemover, or in Ellen's.
So who's blaming the ride. It just happened on the ride.

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the heads up, got one at 1:05PM on the 13th.

Never did green. I still think you wouldn't want to close your eyes on any sim. Looking around should be fine but I'd keep my eyes on the screen. By keeping your eyes on the screen you're telling your body "we're moving this way, oh now we're turning, and now we're doing a roll". With them closed it's going to be a bunch of random movements that'll confuse it such as "I'm sitting by why am I rocking arou- wait now I'm upside down?!". Everyone is different when it comes to sims.

Get a VR headset (Oculus, Vive, Galaxy, Cardboard, etc), stand, and a demo a roller coaster. You'll almost fall over since the screen is telling your eyes to move/brace your body. Same concept.
Motion sickness can still be a problem for someone with inner ear issues, however, without the spinning, the risk is greatly lowered.

trainplane3

Definitely not true.
If you have motion sickness, the best option in a simulator is closing your eyes or looking away from the screen (down). So it just feels like a very bumpy off-road car drive. The screen is the main component in making you sick, since the actual movement isn't anything too out of the oridnary. The screen is what messes up your brain.
Ah good point.

freediverdude

So who's blaming the ride. It just happened on the ride.

My best friend found out 5 or so years ago that she had a brain aneurysm and didn't even know it. They found it doing a scan for something else. She can't ride any of those type rides anymore. Had they not found it and stabilized it, she likely would have died on one of those rides within the next year or two, since she is a frequent park goer. Or they said it could have killed her during a bumpy car ride or anything that jostled or spun her around. It's just one of those things, a certain percentage of the population has that and doesn't know about it because there are no symptoms, and who regularly gets a brain scan, lol.

Biff215

It couldn't hurt, but, I would never use one of something else is doable. Even the longest lines are not huge.
What else in the 2nd tier is more worthwhile? Green previously had little to no wait but I expect that to change now. Orange typically (surprisingly maybe) had the longer wait. Certainly worth the 2nd tier FP in my opinion, especially with Energy closing.

Goofyernmost

What else in the 2nd tier is more worthwhile? Green previously had little to no wait but I expect that to change now. Orange typically (surprisingly maybe) had the longer wait. Certainly worth the 2nd tier FP in my opinion, especially with Energy closing.
Maybe they will color label them correctly. The spinner is more likely the one that will cause people to leave the building with a green hew, so that one should be called the green side. The calmer one should be the grey side. Orange has no real meaning anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom