Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Jones14

So is there an internal goal for the ride after reopening? Obviously it will get an attendance bump from this, but how much is Disney hoping for?

Biff215

So is there an internal goal for the ride after reopening? Obviously it will get an attendance bump from this, but how much is Disney hoping for?
I'd have to guess this is more about Energy closing and concerns about "family friendly" capacity. Getting this refurb done just before the closing was very smart IMO and should take some heat off of TT next door.

dm11

I'd have to guess this is more about Energy closing and concerns about "family friendly" capacity. Getting this refurb done just before the closing was very smart IMO and should take some heat off of TT next door.
Absolutely agreed. Energy was outdated but still worthwhile a visit, at least for me and my family. We never went to Mission:Space as it is out of our (mine) comfort thrill zone. This change will allow us to replace Energy with the new family oriented side of M:S.

bclane

Absolutely agreed. Energy was outdated but still worthwhile a visit, at least for me and my family. We never went to Mission:Space as it is out of our (mine) comfort thrill zone. This change will allow us to replace Energy with the new family oriented side of M:S.
I have never been on Green (I really enjoy Orange), but I have to say that I am definitely looking forward to trying out Green now and I can't wait to take my four year old nephew on it as well. Great move for Disney and a win for all of us. :happy:

Timothy_Q

They're legitimately offering two attractions in the same space now (or, rather, they will be very soon)... I've hoped they could do the same thing with Soarin' ever since the third theater was announced. It would be a shame to lose the original film forever.

I'm pretty sure DCA will eventually have one film in each theater. Not so sure about EPCOT tho

HMF

If they ever put IPs in LWTL they'll ruin it. I don't think the seas is crying out for an update it already has Nemo, the imagination pavilion needs the most attention, (other than WOL)
I agree. I am glad they added circle of life in 1995. If it were done now Timon and Pumbaa would have invaded the Pavillion.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Are there now separate Fast Passes for the Green Mission and the Orange Mission, or are you still getting Fast Passes for Mission:Space and making your choice once you are in line?

t3techcom18

Some cryptic updates that I've learned that should whet some appetites since this has actually been kept pretty well under wraps (especially compared to when it was first in development).

- As just mentioned, merge will be different and much clearer now.
- Gravity wheel has stayed put.
- Some design elements have been taken out, others put in.
- Gary Sinise is officially out. His replacement, however, should satisfy many science fiction fans because of her nerd credentials.
- Think of this as a re-imagining instead of a rehab. What felt old will feel new again.

sedati

- Gary Sinise is officially out. His replacement, however, should satisfy many science fiction fans because of her nerd credentials.
There is an actress seen recently at WDW for the Pandora opening who is also set to appear this month as a new Marvel villain.
A younger actress also comes to mind, but she may be needed two doors down.

trainplane3

Some cryptic updates that I've learned that should whet some appetites since this has actually been kept pretty well under wraps (especially compared to when it was first in development).

- As just mentioned, merge will be different and much clearer now.
- Gravity wheel has stayed put.
- Some design elements have been taken out, others put in.
- Think of this as a re-imagining instead of a rehab. What felt old will feel new again.
Only person I can think of is Sigourney Weaver. She can pull off serious roles pretty well. I don't know many actors so I can't throw a bunch of names out there like some can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom