Mission:Space update (confirmed)

t3techcom18

Only person I can think of is Sigourney Weaver. She can pull off serious roles pretty well. I don't know many actors so I can't throw a bunch of names out there like some can.

Nope.

Kate Mulgrew? Felicia Day?

Both of those names put a smile to my face to even mention them, but nope. You're on the right track, though. She's known more for TV roles than film.

t3techcom18

Hopefully she can also act as well.

Considering the fact that she did an amazing job on three shows I've watched (an action show, a sci-fi show and a horror show), I can definitely say yes.

Edit: Not Zoe Saldana, but you're very, VERY close when you mentioned Summer Glau. I'll leave it as a surprise.

Jeff456

Some cryptic updates that I've learned that should whet some appetites since this has actually been kept pretty well under wraps (especially compared to when it was first in development).

- As just mentioned, merge will be different and much clearer now.
- Gravity wheel has stayed put.
- Some design elements have been taken out, others put in.
- Gary Sinise is officially out. His replacement, however, should satisfy many science fiction fans because of her nerd credentials.
- Think of this as a re-imagining instead of a rehab. What felt old will feel new again.
Interesting a lot more changes than I expected, thanks for posting this! I'm. A bit sad at Gary Sinise being replaced... Nostalgia and all.

doctornick

Edit: Not Zoe Saldana, but you're very, VERY close when you mentioned Summer Glau. I'll leave it as a surprise.

Both of those names put a smile to my face to even mention them, but nope. You're on the right track, though. She's known more for TV roles than film.

Given these hints, I feel like it would be one of:

Amy Acker
Eliza Duschku
Morena Baccarin

RSoxNo1

Some cryptic updates that I've learned that should whet some appetites since this has actually been kept pretty well under wraps (especially compared to when it was first in development).

- As just mentioned, merge will be different and much clearer now.
- Gravity wheel has stayed put.
- Some design elements have been taken out, others put in.
- Gary Sinise is officially out. His replacement, however, should satisfy many science fiction fans because of her nerd credentials.
- Think of this as a re-imagining instead of a rehab. What felt old will feel new again.
I'm saying Sigourney Weaver. They can replace the Gary Sinise animatronic with the Sigourney Weaver AA from The Great Movie Ride.

No Name

Is this the first time in Disney park history that a ride's preshow video is being replaced with another? Granted, these didn't begin till the 90s, but still...

Epcot has a long history of ripping the heart out of attractions. Test Track is one of the most recent and worst victims, in my opinion. However, I don't find Mission: SPACE's preshow all that classic or memorable, so I'm glad to see it get updated. Hope the new person does well.

pumpkin7

I'm saying Sigourney Weaver. They can replace the Gary Sinise animatronic with the Sigourney Weaver AA from The Great Movie Ride.

It's been a few years since I've been on M:S but where is the Gary Sinise animatronic? Also, the Sigourney Weaver one is soooo bad. I hope it just gets scrapped. Looks nothing like her!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom