Mission:Space update (confirmed)

kbmb

We don't know yet!

I understand we don't know specifics on the changes to Green. I guess I'm assuming that as far as the motion experience goes......it would be similar to the previous Green no?

So with the previous Green it was more like Star Tours but in a smaller space with a smaller screen. The whole vehicle moves based on the movie (like Star Tours) - you just don't get the weightlessness feelings etc?

trainplane3

FYI, fastpasses are now up from August 13 on! Go get them!
Thanks for the heads up, got one at 1:05PM on the 13th.
Thanks for this. So I'm assuming if you need to you can close your eyes on the Green side without side effects like I've heard of on the Orange side if you turn your head/close your eyes etc.

If Star Tours is a 7 out of 10 - what's M:S Green? (based obviously on the previous version of Green)
Never did green. I still think you wouldn't want to close your eyes on any sim. Looking around should be fine but I'd keep my eyes on the screen. By keeping your eyes on the screen you're telling your body "we're moving this way, oh now we're turning, and now we're doing a roll". With them closed it's going to be a bunch of random movements that'll confuse it such as "I'm sitting by why am I rocking arou- wait now I'm upside down?!". Everyone is different when it comes to sims.

Get a VR headset (Oculus, Vive, Galaxy, Cardboard, etc), stand, and a demo a roller coaster. You'll almost fall over since the screen is telling your eyes to move/brace your body. Same concept.

Timothy_Q

Thanks for the heads up, got one at 1:05PM on the 13th.

Never did green. I still think you wouldn't want to close your eyes on any sim. Looking around should be fine but I'd keep my eyes on the screen. By keeping your eyes on the screen you're telling your body "we're moving this way, oh now we're turning, and now we're doing a roll". With them closed it's going to be a bunch of random movements that'll confuse it such as "I'm sitting by why am I rocking arou- wait now I'm upside down?!". Everyone is different when it comes to sims.

Definitely not true.
If you have motion sickness, the best option in a simulator is closing your eyes or looking away from the screen (down). So it just feels like a very bumpy off-road car drive. The screen is the main component in making you sick, since the actual movement isn't anything too out of the oridnary. The screen is what messes up your brain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom