Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Indianajonze

have to say, the new green mission sounds pretty great. so if the orange is exactly the same as previous but has new screens, but the green has the same new screens and an entirely new mission AND lower height requirements, i'm thinking green might actually be more popular for a change

jt04

Confirmed to be returning August 13, complete with HD Video and new experiences. Green is going to land at Kennedy Space Center, which is a nice tie-in to an attraction not far from WDW.

Height restriction is also being reduced for younger kids, so they can experience the green. "The height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new X-2 booster seats allowing children 40-44” to ride."

I always knew this attraction would evolve. One of the reasons I have always respected the design.

TDO for the win.

KCheatle

I've only ever ridden the Orange version. Is the Green version a simulator? Before I take my kids on it, I would like to be able to say, "It's comparable to "x" ride" - like Star Wars or something. What ride is it most similar to in your opinion? And, I know they said the movie is changing for Green - I assume that means the ride-system itself is not changing, correct?

trainplane3

I've only ever ridden the Orange version. Is the Green version a simulator? Before I take my kids on it, I would like to be able to say, "It's comparable to "x" ride" - like Star Wars or something. What ride is it most similar to in your opinion? And, I know they said the movie is changing for Green - I assume that means the ride-system itself is not changing, correct?
Yes, same system. Green has no spinning, so no forces. It still moves to the movie on the ride. Think Star Tours, but in a much smaller space with a wider range of movement.

*Q*

The green side is in the exact same ride vehicle and everything, the difference is that the centrifuge either doesn't spin or does so very slowly (can't remember which). Up until now it featured the exact same ride film as the orange side, but now instead of going to Mars it will feature a less intense mission, a scenic tour of Earth orbit.

No Name

I suppose I like the new sign, but I think the old one was just as fine.

And I guess there'll be a new preshow too? Are there any changes beyond a new preshow and the new Earth and Mars ride videos? Not that that isn't already significant enough... I'm just wondering what to expect.

aandmmagiccarpetride

This is exciting news! I've only done Orange (and enjoyed it) so there was never a need to do Green. This will be essentially two different rides for me and I can't wait to try both sides!

kbmb

Yes, same system. Green has no spinning, so no forces. It still moves to the movie on the ride. Think Star Tours, but in a much smaller space with a wider range of movement.

Thanks for this. So I'm assuming if you need to you can close your eyes on the Green side without side effects like I've heard of on the Orange side if you turn your head/close your eyes etc.

If Star Tours is a 7 out of 10 - what's M:S Green? (based obviously on the previous version of Green)

EricsBiscuit

Thanks for this. So I'm assuming if you need to you can close your eyes on the Green side without side effects like I've heard of on the Orange side if you turn your head/close your eyes etc.

If Star Tours is a 7 out of 10 - what's M:S Green?
We don't know yet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom