Mission:Space update (confirmed)

doctornick

Martin, could you drop some hints on what this new version will entail?

This is what I've got...
CGI should be re done in all chambers.
Or even a "not a warehouse corridor" exit experience?
As far as I know the visuals should be updated yes.
It doesn't need humour
Orange is thrilling enough for a Disney park.
The overhaul should give a choice of story
So what if there's no "hand on" stuff or personalisation? Some guests can still pay attention for two minutes.
Doesn't need to be competitive. Is PotC?
How about "Orange team, you're going here. Green, you're going to here..."?
I'll just say the green teams mission will make more sense.

TDLFan

Has mission Space been seen as a success or failure by the WDC? Just wondering if Disney plans on having this around for another decade or plans to build something better down the rode? IMHO, I don't think it ever recovered from the bad PR it received when it opened. I rode it once and that was enough.

HMF

Has mission Space been seen as a success or failure by the WDC? Just wondering if Disney plans on having this around for another decade or plans to build something better down the rode? IMHO, I don't think it ever recovered from the bad PR it received when it opened. I rode it once and that was enough.
I would think failure, At least artistically.and operationally.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not a huge success but it isn't going anywhere.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I would think failure, At least artistically.and operationally.

Objectively a failure.
How can a ride that provides such an uplifting experience (pun intended) be considered a failure? It still gets a good share of rope drop traffic and I have yet to just "walk-on" the ride, even after the hamster wheel stopped turning.

Disney's suit against Environmental Tectonics for designing and delivering a crap attraction is proof enough of that.
A law suit is proof of nothing. Anyone can sue anybody for anything at any time, whether or not it is ultimately warranted. And it's very significant that Disney's action was a counter-suit after ET sued them over various allegations including not paying the agreed-upon price, sharing proprietary information about the ride with rivals, and blocking sales of the concept to other theme parks. The two companies ultimately agreed to a confidential settlement, which likely was the intent of the counter-suit.

Last edited:

Movielover

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of miss Eisner...

Well, Hell must be pretty chilly right now...

tenor.gif

britain

You mean other than Gary Sinise, Mars as the destination, and the rotating set from the film imported into the pavilion?

I know it's downplayed, but that was just because the film was not very successful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom