Mission:Space update (confirmed)

FigmentForver96

In my eyes Joe Rohde lost credibility when he said yes to Avatar and Mission Cash grab
Joe Rhode is easily next to Tony Baxter in the world of imagineers. Animal Kingdom (not including H&C) is the American equal to DisneySea. Not quite as ambitious but def the most interesting park of the bunch. The detail is pure old school Disney, something, as much as you admire EPCOT Center, you should enjoy. Avatar, while a partnership seems to be quite beautiful and fits the park well. I won't pretend to have seen it in person yet but pictures look very promising. Of course you won't give it a chance because you rather shut all convo down and talk about your pointless dreams of "reconstructing the company" and "If I was in charge.." discussions. I agree that a lot of Disney stuff lately sucks. Frozen Ever After, Little Mermaid etc, but come on. You are being dramatic and you know it.

HMF

Joe Rhode is easily next to Tony Baxter in the world of imagineers. Animal Kingdom (not including H&C) is the American equal to DisneySea. Not quite as ambitious but def the most interesting park of the bunch. The detail is pure old school Disney, something, as much as you admire EPCOT Center, you should enjoy. .
I do enjoy Animal Kingdom and I do give Joe a lot of credit for that but even Tony Baxter sold out once in a while and to me Avatar and Mission Cash grab are two of the biggest sell-outs I have ever seen.

jaxonp

Actually, Carsland out at Disney Land is amazing. Great addition under Iger's watch, and Lasseter's attention to detail. A great CEO puts the right people in charge, and stands back while credit is given where due. Iger does this well, and stands aside far better than Eisner did.

And they're doing what they can with Disney Land Paris. Rat started out there, but overcoming the attitudes of the French, and a whole lot of anti-American feelings, is hard. It's also unbelievably expensive at the same time that flights from Europe to WDW are historically low. Why spend tons of money at DLP when a similar outlay (or a little bit more) will get you all of WDW? Yeah, DLP is the ugly stepsister of the parks, but at the same time it's still innovative and beautiful. Here's what they do better than in the U,S, parks:

Their castle projection show
Their Space Mountain
Their dragon under the castle
Their walking paths and tunnels
Their location near one of the great cites of the world.

And we are again a long way from Mission Space, which indeed needs different scenarios. So be it.

Woah.. Ugly step sister? I guess if you mean by no getting as much new stuff.. but then again.. who has in the WDC? Parc Disneyland is the most beautify of the castle parks I've been to and thats all of them save the Chinese parks. I'd like to add to your list of bests... BTMR is the best of any of them built... by a long shot. That underground tunnel and the ride being on an island takes it to the next level. Crush coaster is awesome and unique as is Ratatouille. Their castle.. its just beautiful as it the new nighttime show. The old show was great too. Now... they do also have the worst Disney Park ever built.. even though it has 4 solid E-tickets. WDSP is just awful.. once you get past it cheapness you can enjoy carbon copies of RnRc and Tower of Terror.

Also, Carsland is amazing. As is all of Disneyland... I just want them to be jealous of WDW because I love DLR but WDW is my home resort and I'm tired of being jealous.

Nickels5

I do enjoy Animal Kingdom and I do give Joe a lot of credit for that but even Tony Baxter sold out once in a while and to me Avatar and Mission Cash grab are two of the biggest sell-outs I have ever seen.
You do understand he doesn't have a choice right? Animal kingdom is his baby and he had two choices be part of the process and make sure it fits the parks vision the very best it can or get fired and see the park you helped build get destroyed. What would you choose?

Kamikaze

In my eyes Joe Rohde lost credibility when he said yes to Avatar and Mission Cash grab

Sunshine, you are completely ing clueless. He works for the company. He isn't able to say 'yes' or 'no' to a project. If he wants to continue to work for the company, he works on what he is assigned. Unless you're proposing he takes some kind of 'stand' and quits over it. Are you going to pay his salary so he can 'show them!'?

Oh, lets not mention that GoTG v2 made $145m this weekend and was reviewed very well. But because its an 'IP', its garbage. You know what the first 'IP' to be put into a Disney Park was? Sleeping Beauty Castle. Who put that there, to promote a movie that wouldn't be released for another 5 years? Walter Elias Disney, you know, the guy you want to rename WDI back after. So if you have an issue with that, I suggest you go dig him up and have it out with the man himself.

I especially appreciate how you ignore every other line of my post because you don't have the ability to refute any of it. Not only that, but you didn't even bother to answer the question that the line asked. But you pick out that one little line to dig at someone that accomplishes more in one project than you will in your entire life, well, it speaks volumes for how seriously you should be taken.

When you have someone who abhors the condition of and changes to WDW that have taken place over the last 8 or so years calling you out, you must be out of your mind.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Except with Avatar they took the components of the movie that make perfect sense for Disney's Animal Kingdom. They're not having mech battles and hunting Na'vi.

RSoxNo1

Sunshine, you are completely ****ing clueless. He works for the company. He isn't able to say 'yes' or 'no' to a project. If he wants to continue to work for the company, he works on what he is assigned. Unless you're proposing he takes some kind of 'stand' and quits over it. Are you going to pay his salary so he can 'show them!'?

Oh, lets not mention that GoTG v2 made $145m this weekend and was reviewed very well. But because its an 'IP', its garbage. You know what the first 'IP' to be put into a Disney Park was? Sleeping Beauty Castle. Who put that there, to promote a movie that wouldn't be released for another 5 years? Walter Elias Disney, you know, the guy you want to rename WDI back after. So if you have an issue with that, I suggest you go dig him up and have it out with the man himself.

I especially appreciate how you ignore every other line of my post because you don't have the ability to refute any of it. Not only that, but you didn't even bother to answer the question that the line asked. But you pick out that one little line to dig at someone that accomplishes more in one project than you will in your entire life, well, it speaks volumes for how seriously you should be taken.

When you have someone who abhors the condition of and changes to WDW that have taken place over the last 8 or so years calling you out, you must be out of your mind.
The Guardians of the Galaxy issue is a different one entirely. That fundamentally changes that park. I actually think it's entirely reasonable that Mission Breakout will be a superior attraction that DCA's Tower of Terror. However, switching the ride from one to the other also forces them to change the name of the park from Disney California Adventure to something that no longer has California in the name.

I don't like getting rid of Tower in DCA, but they are changing what that park is. They just took a really odd way to do it, they decided on a quick overhaul of a D/E-ticket with only loose references to greater changes. My objection to Tower going away isn't thematic fit for the land that it's in, but rather the park as a whole. Hollywoodland was a thematic mess, but Tower Light was still a very solid attraction that absolutely belonged in a park called Disney California Adventure.

HauntedMansionFLA

Meanwhile, back in Epcot, Mission:Space is going to be updated, or so I heard...
When we went on it this past December, I didn't think it was intense as before. And yes, we went on the more intense version. The wife even survived. She almost collapsed the time before when we got off the ride. Any details on what's going to be done to the ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom