Mirror Mirror On the Castle.....

Anyone been in Cinderella's Royal Table recently?

I am wondering what the view is like from Cinderella's Royal Table, the restaurant in the castle. I have eaten there twice (the food is awesome by the way) and I always loved looking out the stained glass windows at the park below. I wonder if the view in the front is the same now, or do you just see the back of that ginormous mirror? :veryconfu It looks to me like they should have scaled it back from the pictures of it up on the castle. Anybody planning on blowing $100 for dinner in Cindy's anytime soon? :)

Mad Stitch

SirNim said:
Does that billboard technology even allow for more than 3 different images?

The triangle, I thought, was the most you could go before each panel wouldn't be able to fully rotate and then form a coherent image. If it's four, it's a square, and if it's five, it's a pentagon, and I'm not sure either of those will be able to work. But, of course, I am not a geometry major! :)

No, there was going to be a different picture for each of the five castles. I don’t think it works by rotating triangles. To fit all five pictures in, I think the panels of the picture slide left or right to reveal the picture behind it. Click on this link, then click the "Power Pictures" button to see an example of what I’m trying to describe.

http://www.animatedanimations.com/

aklodge

Mad Stitch said:
No, there was going to be a different picture for each of the five castles. I don’t think it works by rotating triangles. To fit all five pictures in, I think the panels of the picture slide left or right to reveal the picture behind it. Click on this link, then click the "Power Pictures" button to see an example of what I’m trying to describe.

http://www.animatedanimations.com/
I see what you're saying, but I think I still am going to go with the 3 panel thing that Peter was talking about. Sorry!

mraw

There Are Five Images

There will be five different images. Being that they are made to look like stained glass and aren't literal, they will use the same design for the DL/HK Castle and the MK/Tokyo Castle, but the castles will be different colors and they will have subtle atmospheric elements that will put the castle in it's correct region. For instance, Mt. Fuji will be in the background of the Tokyo castle and the sun and clouds, etc. will be in different areas. I wouldn't be surprised if they held off the changing of the images until the event officially starts.

I also thought that it would've been cool to have six images- the sixth being the mirror's face that would only show during the part in Wishes when the witch calls upon it. That would be a draw in itself being that you could only see that panel during that minute or two of the show. It could also stay as the mirror's face during Mickey's Not-So-Scary...

Mad Stitch

mraw said:
There won't be a mirror's face. That's my "wish", though. They had enough trouble getting five images in that contraption.

Do you have inside information or something? Do you know how the images will change?

PixieDust21

Is this at the Magic Kingdom Disney World or Disneyland or what? I am going to Disney World in 2 weeks for my spring break w/ 2 of my friends I am very excited! I personally like the old castle better, I'm not feeling this whole renaissance look or whatever it is. Makes me sad.

mraw

PixieDust21 said:
Is this at the Magic Kingdom Disney World or Disneyland or what? I am going to Disney World in 2 weeks for my spring break w/ 2 of my friends I am very excited! I personally like the old castle better, I'm not feeling this whole renaissance look or whatever it is. Makes me sad.

Pixie,

Have you ever considered the College Program? I am a Campus Rep, and we have a presentation at Georgia State University on March 30 (Sorry this is off topic). I can refer you if you'd like...

nibblesandbits

tk421-sw said:
cc0er.jpg

Yeah, I think that the concept art showed the mirror to be the perfect size, but the actual mirror, I think the blue throws me off. If they didn't have the blue around it, it wouldn't bother me so much and then it wouldn't look AS big and out of place. Before, I was fine with the castle, but now I am starting to become disappointed.

aklodge

nibblesandbits said:
Yeah, I think that the concept art showed the mirror to be the perfect size, but the actual mirror, I think the blue throws me off. If they didn't have the blue around it, it wouldn't bother me so much and then it wouldn't look AS big and out of place. Before, I was fine with the castle, but now I am starting to become disappointed.
I have to agree, it is VERY big. I really wish it wasn't, though.

(yay 170th post)

askmike1

Although I think it would be great for it to interact with Wishes, I can't see them putting the mirror's face in it since they already show us his face with the fireworks.

-Michael

donsullivan

Premium Member
nibblesandbits said:

The key difference between the concept art and the actual mirror seems to be the frame itself. I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanism for the changing images ended up larger than they thought it would, and as a result the frame structure needed to be made larger to accomodate it.

mraw

donsullivan said:
The key difference between the concept art and the actual mirror seems to be the frame itself. I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanism for the changing images ended up larger than they thought it would, and as a result the frame structure needed to be made larger to accomodate it.

The images and the mechanism itself are rectangular, so they had to fit a rectangle inside of an oval. In order to keep all of the corners and straight edges from showing, and to get a clean look, the oval frame had to be really thick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom