Mirror Mirror On the Castle.....

SpenceMan01

Mad Stitch said:
No, there was going to be a different picture for each of the five castles. I don’t think it works by rotating triangles. To fit all five pictures in, I think the panels of the picture slide left or right to reveal the picture behind it. Click on this link, then click the "Power Pictures" button to see an example of what I’m trying to describe.

http://www.animatedanimations.com/

I counted on the Simpsons and Peanuts ones on there, and they both have a max of 3 pictures. Watch it, you'll see what I mean. I've been wondering about this since DonSullivan posted the pics of the mirror on the flatbed. I'm going to go with the rotating bilboard style. The thing is, it's only physically and geometrically possible to do 3 total images. But with people confirming that they could use WDW and TDL as one, and HKDL and DL as another, then DLP would be the other one, it's do-able.

WDWFREAK53

How long before we hear, "Oh I hated that castlemirror" like we did "Oh I hated that castlecake?"

I, for one, like it...although, I hope it's not up past the celebration.

MKCP 1985

CommunicoreBabe said:
I am wondering what the view is like from Cinderella's Royal Table, the restaurant in the castle. I have eaten there twice (the food is awesome by the way) and I always loved looking out the stained glass windows at the park below. I wonder if the view in the front is the same now, or do you just see the back of that ginormous mirror? :veryconfu
The restaurant windows only overlook Fantasyland, so this won't affect the viewing from the restaurant at all. :wave:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has anyone heard when they will start operating the mirror? I'm hoping to get some video of the transitions that I can post as soon as it is.

Goofette

nibblesandbits said:
Yeah, I think that the concept art showed the mirror to be the perfect size, but the actual mirror, I think the blue throws me off. If they didn't have the blue around it, it wouldn't bother me so much and then it wouldn't look AS big and out of place. Before, I was fine with the castle, but now I am starting to become disappointed.

I didn't realize that the actual art was so much larger than the concept art. I noticed everyone kept talking about it but until I saw the two together I wasn't sure what everyone meant. Thanks for posting both.

I was really impressed with the pics Donsullivan posted also, with the mirror on the truckbed. If any of you haven't seen his post yet, make sure to go to that thread and check it out. Even if you don't like the mirror, it's a pretty impressive site. I appreciate him going to the trouble to get the pic also. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=52036

PhotoDave219

You mean like from Side to Side? Only if a 50 foot Wicked Queen suddenly appears out of nowhere....

As far as i know its a stationalry object. The 4 steel bars that hold the thing in place lead me to believe that.

Goofette

PhotoDave219 said:
You mean like from Side to Side? Only if a 50 foot Wicked Queen suddenly appears out of nowhere....

As far as i know its a stationalry object. The 4 steel bars that hold the thing in place lead me to believe that.

ooooh, I just had a flash of how bad that could be (If the 4 steel bars don't hold it into place :lookaroun)...not a good thing to invision :eek:

PixieDust21

opening the mirror. what do you mean open the mirror, are you going to be able to look through it or something? really that castle is ugly i understand it's part of the whole celebration, but honestly. it ruins everything..especially the whole magic kingdom experience

-SIR-

honestly and strangely enough I have to agree with everyone... I love it, Hate it, and everything in between... I think the edges are way too big and the way the pictures will change is not so magical... however, It's allot better than it could have been... its not a cake... plus its not done... with a few more accents and the drapery that is suppose to go under the mirror it might look a little better... you never know... plus maybe the mirror will have a creative night time effect... ill find out soon! I honestly wish I had never seen the concept art... then I might like it a little more

imagineer99

PixieDust21 said:
opening the mirror. what do you mean open the mirror, are you going to be able to look through it or something? really that castle is ugly i understand it's part of the whole celebration, but honestly. it ruins everything..especially the whole magic kingdom experience

hello, over-statement of the century!

askmike1

-SIR- said:
I think the edges are way too big and the way the pictures will change is not so magical...
Unfortunately, archetectually they probably had no choice but to make it that thick. However, how can you say that the picture changes won't be magical when we haven't even seen it yet?

-Michael

bryan

I wish I had more to say ... i agree with everyone. I need to see it in person, I'm going to stop by on Tuesday or Wednesday to check it out, when I saw it on the flat bed it looked big, but not that big. Anyway, I loved the cake :) Go ahead, flame me for it, but I thought the cake was pretty cool (although it certainly took away from the magical experience).

Bravo466

tirian said:
ha, ha. Hear we were, speculating what kind of screen the mirror would be, and it's a rotating billboard...very well done, but still a billboard. Oh well, money doesn't grow on trees, even in WDW!

As well as cost, weight might have been a factor. Using an LED wall with a size 12ft*12ft (rough guess of total area from the pictures) the screen could weigh from almost a ton to 1. 5 tons depending on the LED panels model. This is in adition to the weight of the mirror and the support structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom