Mirror Mirror On the Castle.....

DisneyWorld30th

Concept Art

castle01-2005.jpg

Actual Photo (Posted by wdwprincess03)
1839DSC00022-med.JPG

tirian

Yeah, the mirror was much smaller in the concept art; but it isn't awful as a TEMPORARY (did you hear that, Disney?) structure.

ha, ha. Hear we were, speculating what kind of screen the mirror would be, and it's a rotating billboard...very well done, but still a billboard. Oh well, money doesn't grow on trees, even in WDW!

askmike1

Can someone tell me what the heck those things are hanging from the mirror?

Looks like the only things left are a few more color changes (changing some blue banners and flags to gold), adding tink (is she up yet?), and adding the decoration around the castle archway.

-Michael

Mr.MouseFan

I don't know what to say...in the beginning I thought the castle was looking great...the past few days though, it looks very busy...just a whlle bernch to look at. Great job w/the pics though!

leifink

from watching the concept art over and over, i think the fact that the frame for the mirror in real life looks much bigger than the one in the concept art, because the frame is small in the concept, the mirror looks more round.
I think that the mirror is also too big, but what bothers me is the huge frame, if only the picture area was bigger, I think that the mirror itself would look much smaller

mraw

leifink said:
from watching the concept art over and over, i think the fact that the frame for the mirror in real life looks much bigger than the one in the concept art, because the frame is small in the concept, the mirror looks more round.
I think that the mirror is also too big, but what bothers me is the huge frame, if only the picture area was bigger, I think that the mirror itself would look much smaller

The frame is really large because it is hiding a lot of mechanisms. If you think about the rotating image idea- when you usually see it on a billboard, it changes between two images (sometimes three). This mirror will shift between five different images, and I think that from the side it's as thin as it can get in order for the images to shift. I wonder if it will make a clap sound when the images change? Even if it does, I'm sure that the area music will drown it out.

imagineer99

I personally find it to look awesome.

I think the castle looks amazing...I wouldn't want it to stay like this forever, however, I think it looks great for the time being.

If you don't like do not fret...it will be gone in a year and a half anyways. Just calm down and enjoy the ride.:)

Then again, I'm the guy who LIKED the castle cake. So, I guess I'm the one that is crazy.

Captain Hank

Wait, will it cycle among 5 images? There are only 3 castle designs, and I don't see anything on the picture that's on there right now identifying it as either DL or Hong Kong, even though they have the same castle design.

aklodge

ogryn said:
Wasted. Opportunity.

(I guess the technology wasn't quite upto it yet :( ).
I dont really think it was wasted, at least they did SOMETHING with the mirror. I mean hey, they could have just thrown a mirror up their with a huge billboard poster in the middle... just my opinion, im not putting you down :)

askmike1

hcwalker16 said:
Wait, will it cycle among 5 images? There are only 3 castle designs, and I don't see anything on the picture that's on there right now identifying it as either DL or Hong Kong, even though they have the same castle design.
I believe it will cycle between the 5 castles (DLP, DL, Tokyo, Hong Kong, WDW). Someone in another thread said they will probably use different angles for the similar castles (like on Disney's Website).

-Michael

aklodge

askmike1 said:
I believe it will cycle between the 5 castles (DLP, DL, Tokyo, Hong Kong, WDW). Someone in another thread said they will probably use different angles for the similar castles (like on Disney's Website).

-Michael
Yes, I think you are right. The mirror looks great!

SirNim

Does that billboard technology even allow for more than 3 different images?

The triangle, I thought, was the most you could go before each panel wouldn't be able to fully rotate and then form a coherent image. If it's four, it's a square, and if it's five, it's a pentagon, and I'm not sure either of those will be able to work. But, of course, I am not a geometry major! :)

GymLeaderPhil

Well WDW's and Toyko's Castles are both the same, the only odd balls are Paris and Disneyland. I have no idea what Hong Kong looks like, does anyone have any concept pictures of Hong Kong's castle? It might just be three or four images in rotation.

donsullivan

Premium Member
GymLeaderPhil said:
Well WDW's and Toyko's Castles are both the same, the only odd balls are Paris and Disneyland. I have no idea what Hong Kong looks like, does anyone have any concept pictures of Hong Kong's castle? It might just be three or four images in rotation.

The Hong Kong Castle looks just like the original at Disneyland. Here is a link to a page with a pic of that castle at the topping off ceremony.

http://www.disneylandreport.com/dis...ndsleepingbeautycastletoppingoffceremony.html

peter11435

SirNim said:
Does that billboard technology even allow for more than 3 different images?

The triangle, I thought, was the most you could go before each panel wouldn't be able to fully rotate and then form a coherent image. If it's four, it's a square, and if it's five, it's a pentagon, and I'm not sure either of those will be able to work. But, of course, I am not a geometry major! :)
As far as I know three is the most that method can be used for. However that will be all that is needed. HK and DL are the same as are WDW and TDL. So you only need;
1. DL/HKDL
2. WDW/TDL
3. DLP

aklodge

peter11435 said:
As far as I know three is the most that method can be used for. However that will be all that is needed. HK and DL are the same as are WDW and TDL. So you only need;
1. DL/HKDL
2. WDW/TDL
3. DLP
You're right. They only need 3 panels. Correctamundo, Peter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom