Mine Ride Construction Update

Timothy_Q

I believe they are just testing the trees. Just like they did with BOG and Mermaid.
They'll probably paint the mountain first and then put the trees later on.
I might be wrong though

djkidkaz

I agree, can't think of any other reason why they would put the trees up this early. If not to show some signs of progress then perhaps they are just testing what they would look like installed, and will be removed while the bulk of the mountain work continues.

I believe they did this with Beasts Castle. They put trees up temporarily, then they we're gone. I think it helps the designers get a sense of scale when molding the rockwork and painting and such. Who knows, everytime I see this project I realize I know NOTHING about construction. It all seems to be exactly opposite of what I would do if I had to build this.

My version would be similar to when Homer has to build a brick grill in the backyard:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe they are just testing the trees. Just like they did with BOG and Mermaid.
They'll probably paint the mountain first and then put the trees later on.
I might be wrong though

This sounds plausible, it really seems to early to have put these up permanently.

Clamman73

If this is all part of the "forest", the ride should have a portion outside where you get that pine smell like on Soarin'...just not going to happen though...

Eeyore13

IMO it would be easier to sulpt the mountain into a real looking mountain when you know what the trees will look like up on it, so they put the trees there to figure out all the small details that will go in to the molding. The trees probably won't stay there for long at this point.

Eeyore13

Can they open the little mermaid shop on the back of the mountain without fully finishing construction or is this not possible?
I don't know for sure but it does seem like that would be possible; however, I don't think they would open that side until the entire side of the mountain is finished.

MissM

Trees, yeah great but when did I miss the rock wall going in?? Is this on the back side? I don't remember any of it being "real" wall versus construction walls before. (Granted, I haven't been over to MK since January so it could just be me.)

Pic:

Fantasyland_Full_18210.jpg

Next Big Thing

Trees, yeah great but when did I miss the rock wall going in?? Is this on the back side? I don't remember any of it being "real" wall versus construction walls before. (Granted, I haven't been over to MK since January so it could just be me.)
Much in that photo update is new, but this is not one of those things. That wall has been there since FLE was open for softs back in early October:

MineTrainconstructionfromFLE_zps059ae73d.jpg

tl77

Some of the WDW Magic photos show grass along with the trees, which makes me think this is just temporary, becasue the rock work still looks like it has a way to go before they could attach the grass to it, and the grass was the last thing they did on Little Mermaid

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Isn't the "Grass" what's causing the deterioration of Splash mountain?

The constant watering of the grass along with actual plants growing is causing the breakdown of the Mountain and the need for nets. So I assume we can expect more nets around Mermaid and SDMT in a few years.

Timothy_Q

Isn't the "Grass" what's causing the deterioration of Splash mountain?

The constant watering of the grass along with actual plants growing is causing the breakdown of the Mountain and the need for nets. So I assume we can expect more nets around Mermaid and SDMT in a few years.

The grass in Splash is real. The grass in Mermaid and behind Belle's cottage isn't.
We still don't know how much of the trees/grass of the Mine Train will be real and how much will be fake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom