Mine Ride Construction Update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I understand the opening date I'm just saying that it looks like construction is moving along pretty quickly Its just me hoping maybe it will open sooner.

The back side facing Mermaid is coming along, but still not at a break neck pace, but the real slow part is the front.

November 6th:

Fantasyland_Full_17446.jpg

March 4th, 4 moths later:

Fantasyland_Full_18208.jpg

Skibum1970

The back side facing Mermaid is coming along, but still not at a break neck pace, but the real slow part is the front.

November 6th:

Maybe they can spray the concrete at twice the rate it took to do Mermaid (insert the emoticon shrugging its shoulders)? I was under the impression that they were further along until you posted those pictures beside each other. I am hopeful that they are working through the hard stuff so that the easy stuff (spraying and shaping the concrete for the hill) goes faster.

Sped2424

November 6th:

Fantasyland_Full_17446.jpg

Fantasyland_Full_18208.jpg
Yet within those four months they have kept adding pieces of the track all around the complex and have been able to clear a lot of the ground space and mold it and now rock work is being added to the back which I think is a huge step up. Lets flash forwards another 4 months that would leave us roughly in july going on this progress I really can see an opening in late 2013

WDWFanDave

Unfortunately, the reality that we see in those pictures is that it will most likely be 'Spring' 2014...it's been mentioned before, but is worth repeating...they are doing little to nothing on the inside until that rockwork is in and weather tight. Just wouldn't make sense to do any interior work that could end up being subjected to the elements, especially anything electronic. So, even as we see the exterior get completed...there's so much (hopefully!!) more to do on the inside. Then, since this is new ride technology, I'm sure there's going to be a fair amount of testing involved before any guest ever gets to ride.

I wish it would be sooner; might even entice me to want to visit for a day or two, depending on how other things come along too. But, I'm not making any reservations yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yet within those four months they have kept adding pieces of the track all around the complex and have been able to clear a lot of the ground space and mold it and now rock work is being added to the back which I think is a huge step up. Lets flash forwards another 4 months that would leave us roughly in july going on this progress I really can see an opening in late 2013

The rock work on the back has just started. It took over a year and a half to complete the rock work in the BatB area and I would guess that there is going to be more on the mine ride then that. Here is a good picture of the front, there isn't even that much structural supports in place to hold rock work. I would guess it will be several more months at least before they are even ready to start rock work on this side.

jb0DaDJZxdIFrv.JPG

Tom

Beta Return
Based on the rate of construction on LM and BatB, and having watched 7DMT progress, it is in my professional opinion that Spring 2014 is realistic.

And we should remember that "Spring" is 3/21 - 6/20, by definition. It could open as late as June without them having to change their statement. I predict earlier than June, but definitely not until 2014.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I assuming the trees currently being added into the mountain are of the "non-living" variety? It's difficult to tell in pictures.

Tom

Beta Return
I assuming the trees currently being added into the mountain are of the "non-living" variety? It's difficult to tell in pictures.

That would be a safe assumption. If they have to be installed with a crane, there's no way Disney is going to keep a crane on call to replace them when they inevitably die.

tl77

I don't think there is going to be anywhere near as much rock work on the Mine Train as with BoG and LM, most of the Mine Train Mountain is going to be covered with artificial grass and trees, and everything at ground level around the tracks will most likely be live plants and landscaping

Sped2424

I don't think there is going to be anywhere near as much rock work on the Mine Train as with BoG and LM, most of the Mine Train Mountain is going to be covered with artificial grass and trees, and everything at ground level around the tracks will most likely be live plants and landscaping
idk the whole thing is a mountain if anything it its way more detail rock work then the grass then the landscape water etc etc its going to be a while unfortunately :<

tl77

idk the whole thing is a mountain if anything it its way more detail rock work then the grass then the landscape water etc etc its going to be a while unfortunately :<

The BoG And LM mountains were mostly rock work, which all needed to be sculpted by hand and then painted by hand on site, which is why it took a year plus to finish them, they had to go through one step at a time

But the majority of the Mine Train Mountain is covered by artificial grass and trees which can be manufactured off-site and just bolted in place, and since some the grass and trees seem to already be made and were dropped into place fairly easily. I don't see why it would take the same amount of time, because it's a different process than BoG and LM

WDW97

The BoG And LM mountains were mostly rock work, which all needed to be sculpted by hand and then painted by hand on site, which is why it took a year plus to finish them, they had to go through one step at a time

But the majority of the Mine Train Mountain is covered by artificial grass and trees which can be manufactured off-site and just bolted in place, and since some the grass and trees seem to already be made and were dropped into place fairly easily. I don't see why it would take the same amount of time, because it's a different process than BoG and LM
The top of TLM was sculpted, painted green then white, and finally had to be covered with artificial grass. Maybe your are (hopefully) right about it not taking as long to do the all the grass on the top, since as far as I know, it was Disney's first time to use that type of material so maybe they had to get the process down right and it won't take so long to do 7DMT.

tl77

The top of TLM was sculpted, painted green then white, and finally had to be covered with artificial grass. Maybe your are (hopefully) right about it not taking as long to do the all the grass on the top, since as far as I know, it was Disney's first time to use that type of material so maybe they had to get the process down right and it won't take so long to do 7DMT.

yeah I hope they figured it out too, because the Mine Train model has a lot more grass and trees on it than LM

741new-fantasyland.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom