Mine Ride Construction Update

donaldtoo

Nice to see the elements finally pulling the rock together. Question though. I pulled this photo off the Home Page posted today.

Fantasyland_Full_20351.jpg;width=640

Does anyone know if the light green grass area is the final product or if this is just the first layer to become grass, perhaps the last landscaping element to be installed or is this light green the final product for the grass area?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it, and, hope I'm right, 'cause I've never even seen a putt-putt/miniature golf course with fake grass that looked that fakin' bad. :confused:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice to see the elements finally pulling the rock together. Question though. I pulled this photo off the Home Page posted today.

Fantasyland_Full_20351.jpg;width=640

Does anyone know if the light green grass area is the final product or if this is just the first layer to become grass, perhaps the last landscaping element to be installed or is this light green the final product for the grass area?

It looks like the exact same color of paint that was used on the areas of Mermaid that got grass, so I assume it will be covered. They still seem to be installing trees and bushed, the grass would be the last step.

alissafalco

Does anyone know how you can possibly get to ride on any of these "soft openings" of 7dmt before the press/blogger viewing April 30th? I am an AP holder does that help? Or is it just random? At the right place and the right time type of thing? I will be there April 5-8th.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Does anyone know how you can possibly get to ride on any of these "soft openings" of 7dmt before the press/blogger viewing April 30th? I am an AP holder does that help? Or is it just random? At the right place and the right time type of thing? I will be there April 5-8th.

Probably being in the right place at the right time. I don't think there's a sign up sheet or anything for the general public.

Passholders, Im not too sure about either...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think they did some pass holder and DVC previews for LM and BOG. I'm not sure how that works exactly. The general public is usually part of soft openings too but it is usually not announced too far in advance and the ride could close at any moment for corrections. There is some degree of luck, but coming to this site to check when the time gets closer will give you some advantage and advanced knowledge over the average tourist.

lazyboy97o

For soft openings you just have to be there when it is open. There is nothing special beyond riding any other attraction except that it can close without notice. It will start intermittently and only become more normal from then on. Annual Passholder previews are at a scheduled time that will likely be announced on the DisneyParks Blog along with how to sign up. You're only way to know while you are there is walk to the attraction and look several times over the course of your visit. Monitoring a news site such as this will also help as people will report the attraction being open.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It looks like the cottage is now completely encased in scrims -- see this photo from OTPN:

jLAtJ2CNUZfgR.JPG

Also, look at the 17th photo @wdwmagic posted today, which I have clipped at attached -- there are large swinging doors outside the entrance. Seems they are getting ready for soft openings, possibly without the cottage, which would seem odd. But, definitely something is going on. I'm not saying this week, but I think within the next couple weeks, we could see people riding those trains.

I understand the correlation you are making. Can I add to the mix what about staffing/CMs? Training? How little/much training is there for training all new staff to a brand new coaster? That is a lot of staff all at once

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mutterings about Mermaid surfaced on the Monday. That's when I got a call. By midweek it was on social media. It soft opened on the Friday morning.

lazyboy97o

I heard that April 30th may actually be the grand opening. Anyone else hear that and any truth to that?
Grand Openings are typically the day after the Media Preview. Depending on what time that event occurs on the 30th, it is possible that the attraction would remain soft opened for the rest of the day.

tl77

That could just be train number 5, I would imagine they probably have 4-5 trains available to run in case there are issues with one.

yeah that's true, there are Da Mouse photos of trains marked 1, 2, and 5 and several other trains running where the numbers aren't visible. I just assumed all 5 trains were running at once, but you can't tell from those particular photos, and to answer you're original question they are supposed to be able to run 5 trains at once though

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom