Mine Ride Construction Update

spacemt354

Chili's
"May scare small children" is on any ride with a villain or bad guy or moves faster then an Indy Speedway Car.

Yeah, I was just curious on the wording of it, more specifically because the former Snow White ride included some dark elements for small children. I was wondering if any of these elements (aside from the evil birds) would be re-established in the mine train ride. Nobody has really indicated that before, but that would certainly be a reason for the label of "May scare small children".

But then again you are right. Especially since this ride could become the first roller coaster children go on, I guess it's a toss up whether children will be scared by their first coaster or not. I was just looking into a potential hidden meaning behind it;)

phi2134

Anyone know if there will be little critters scattered on the outside part of the ride, besides the vultures? I would hope they would have some sort of animal element in the forest as you ride through.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Getting some grass:
jbm2D5E3F6cbTC.JPG

shademan

Grass? That's one of the last steps! We are heading down from Feb 21 to March 2nd. The double-whammy of Disney tearing down walls and changing park hours on Feb 28/Mar1 from 11pm to 1AM both days, has our group hopeful that at the end of the trip, we can get lucky and get to at least ride this one time...We probably will be disappointed, but it's all in the cosmetics now. At some point they gotta start testing this thing out!

Did Knee

I was looking at the new pics that just got posted. I get that the aqua looking stuff they are putting down will have grass on it. but what exactly is that stuff? Will the grass be real. or some kind of disnified astro turf? What about the trees they have put in? Are they real or artificial? With Disney I figure either is possible. They HAVE done some pretty convincing artificial trees before.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Grass? That's one of the last steps! We are heading down from Feb 21 to March 2nd. The double-whammy of Disney tearing down walls and changing park hours on Feb 28/Mar1 from 11pm to 1AM both days, has our group hopeful that at the end of the trip, we can get lucky and get to at least ride this one time...We probably will be disappointed, but it's all in the cosmetics now. At some point they gotta start testing this thing out!

It has already been testing for a couple months, just not with the public.

One other big task is to remove the scaffolding. Since this scaffolding is supported by beams that stick out from the side of the mountain the removal takes a little more time the normal scaffolding since they need to patch and paint each hole after they remove the support beam.

orky8

It looks like the cottage is now completely encased in scrims -- see this photo from OTPN:

jLAtJ2CNUZfgR.JPG

Also, look at the 17th photo @wdwmagic posted today, which I have clipped at attached -- there are large swinging doors outside the entrance. Seems they are getting ready for soft openings, possibly without the cottage, which would seem odd. But, definitely something is going on. I'm not saying this week, but I think within the next couple weeks, we could see people riding those trains.

Attachments

• Doors.JPG
    Doors.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 146

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It looks like the cottage is now completely encased in scrims -- see this photo from OTPN:

jLAtJ2CNUZfgR.JPG

Also, look at the 17th photo @wdwmagic posted today, which I have clipped at attached -- there are large swinging doors outside the entrance. Seems they are getting ready for soft openings, possibly without the cottage, which would seem odd. But, definitely something is going on. I'm not saying this week, but I think within the next couple weeks, we could see people riding those trains.
I agree. The gate is telling.

jdmdisney99

Unfortunately that gate means nothing in regards to soft opening......Before the walls were up they were able to get the majority of the machines needed on to the site but with it ending not every machine can jsut drive out so they need a larger "exit" to continue getting the pieces and machines out after hours.
But why carry tools in the opposite direction of backstage?

DisneyConstruction23

IDK I did not design it.....I could be wrong but I recall larger machines cannot leave yet unless a larger "exit" was put in. We did not us it since most of our stuff was scaffolds and materials...we did not need cranes or any of that so again IDK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
But why carry tools in the opposite direction of backstage?

Because with the landscaping going in on the Storybook Circus side there is no longer any way to get to the backstage access behind Mermaid. Even without the landscaping you couldn't get big equipment out that way.

They also may need to bring in a crane to help with scaffolding removal.

orky8

Unfortunately that gate means nothing in regards to soft opening......Before the walls were up they were able to get the majority of the machines needed on to the site but with it ending not every machine can jsut drive out so they need a larger "exit" to continue getting the pieces and machines out after hours.

You know more than me, but to get machines in and out, they can open the walls at night, as they must have been doing to get trees and stuff in. Gates indicate that they need to be able to open and close more quickly, in my opinion (and it is just that).

Because with the landscaping going in on the Storybook Circus side there is no longer any way to get to the backstage access behind Mermaid. Even without the landscaping you couldn't get big equipment out that way.

That can be done with a simple genie lift -- no need for a crane. The scaffolding disassembles so only the toothpick pieces are sticking out. Then, they cut those pieces, patch, paint, and voila.

orky8

Also, thinking more about it, that is not where you would put the gate to get big equipment in and out I don't think, because that is right by the little hut-thing they built to cover the FP station -- it would be hard to get equipment in and out there. Granted, once they are done with the queue, it will be the only place to get equipment in and out, but I can't imagine they would finish the queue until they are done using the little path they have left to get big stuff in and out. Given the placement of the gate, I think this is for when they want to do soft openings. Just my guess.

jdmdisney99

Also, thinking more about it, that is not where you would put the gate to get big equipment in and out I don't think, because that is right by the little hut-thing they built to cover the FP station -- it would be hard to get equipment in and out there. Granted, once they are done with the queue, it will be the only place to get equipment in and out, but I can't imagine they would finish the queue until they are done using the little path they have left to get big stuff in and out. Given the placement of the gate, I think this is for when they want to do soft openings. Just my guess.
^ What he said ^

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nice to see the elements finally pulling the rock together. Question though. I pulled this photo off the Home Page posted today.

Fantasyland_Full_20351.jpg;width=640

Does anyone know if the light green grass area is the final product or if this is just the first layer to become grass, perhaps the last landscaping element to be installed or is this light green the final product for the grass area?

Sassagoula-Rvr

Nice to see the elements finally pulling the rock together. Question though. I pulled this photo off the Home Page posted today.

Fantasyland_Full_20351.jpg;width=640

Does anyone know if the light green grass area is the final product or if this is just the first layer to become grass, perhaps the last landscaping element to be installed or is this light green the final product for the grass area?

After Little Mermaid fire....all grass at the Disney World resort is being removed. so we will have to live with the green paint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom