Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

FoozieBear

Again, aside from the fact I would rather MV3D come back, to play this show without the effects that make it great in MK is just a cheap overlay, and why bring it to the west coast if theme park goers aren't even getting the full experience that the Imagineers intended?

SuddenStorm

The female singer you’re referring to actually did pass away sometime after the first show was recorded. She is also the voice behind the old princess medley. It’s a shame, as I do think that was wildly superior to the vocals we currently have from Heather Headley.

I completely agree, and I wish they had just kept the original vocals in.

Disney Analyst

I don’t know if the building could even house the proscenium as is, they need a fly space to fly it up into when it vanishes, as the MK building has.

Unless they’ve found a creative way to make it vanish.

TP2000

Philharmagic-Lite will flop

If you drop out the cool theatre elements... it's just a blurry 3D gag film.

Agreed. If they are going to half-behind this attraction, why do they bother? It's apparent the rumors are correct, and that some panic is setting in at TDA over how to manage Star Wars Land crowds without the Resistance ride working any time soon.

My opinion is influenced by seeing the full-tilt and expertly maintained and operated Tokyo version of Philharmagic several times. But this just seems like a hokey step backwards for DCA, while they wait for a Marvel Land that seems a tad underwhelming and light on real rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t know if the building could even house the proscenium as is, they need a fly space to fly it up into when it vanishes, as the MK building has.

Top of proscenium can flip up toward audience with a black underside. The towers can rotate with a white backside for projection.

If they wanted to.

brb1006

Agreed. If they are going to half-behind this attraction, why do they bother? It's apparent the rumors are correct, and that some panic is setting in at TDA over how to manage Star Wars Land crowds without the Resistance ride working any time soon.

My opinion is influenced by seeing the full-tilt and expertly maintained and operated Tokyo version of Philharmagic several times. But this just seems like a hokey step backwards for DCA, while they wait for a Marvel Land that seems a tad underwhelming and light on real rides.
I'm having a feeling Disneyland's version won't get as much advertisement when it opens.Back when Mickey's PhilharMagic first opened in 2003 at MK. Walt Disney World gave that show a lot of advertisement between 2003 and 2005. I still remember seeing this commercial from "WDW TV" while staying at a local hotel in Orlando in the Summer of 2004.

TP2000

They've got the room in Tokyo as their version seems even fresher and crisper than WDW's original version, and it doesn't seem to be a particularly tall building.
641_main_visual_name_1.jpg

While the DCA theater seems even taller. Good thing those American CM's are totally ignoring the arriving customers while that one lady CM stands on her baggy trouser cuffs! :rolleyes: Ah, yes, American Cast Member standards just keep sliding downward...
DLR-18_0423-B-Ambiance-0009.jpg

Regardless of how they cheap out inside the theater, I hope we get the same lobby that Tokyo has, with the interactive display cases showing the movies and characters that are presented in the show.
philm2.png

Versus the mildew-smelling plain lobby they use in WDW.

mickeys-philharmagic-gallery03.jpg

brb1006

They've got the room in Tokyo as their version seems even fresher and crisper than WDW's original version, and it doesn't seem to be a particularly tall building.

While the DCA theater seems even taller. Good thing those American CM's are totally ignoring the arriving customers while that one lady CM stands on her baggy trouser cuffs! :rolleyes: Ah, yes, American Cast Member standards just keep sliding downward...

Regardless of how they cheap out inside the theater, I hope we get the same lobby that Tokyo has, with the interactive display cases showing the movies and characters that are presented in the show.
philm2.png

At least the original shop looked good.
bec1e70bef001a3c52ec054bd5731785.jpg

o_1acdaid9d1p291fka1kjl17lpqlpm.jpg

But yeah, Tokyo's interior blows the WDW version out of the water.

Disney Analyst

philm2.png

Actually just found a photo, it’s not a very tall addition needed. Just enough to get the top of the proscenium up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom