dlr74

Original Poster
From the Disney Parks Blog:

Mickey's PhilharMagic Premiering in April at Disney California Adventure park

Thu, March 28, 2019
Mickey’s PhilharMagic Premiering in April at Disney California Adventure Park
Michael Ramirez

by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
The spectacular magic of Disney animation and music will soon come to life in the 3D movie musical Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Disney California Adventure park.
Premiering in April at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other favorite Disney characters take the stage in this 3D fantasy adventure.
As Donald prepares the orchestra for Mickey, he comes across the conductor’s baton and Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat. A little magic goes a long way and proceedings go awry! Donald is unexpectedly plunged into a 3D dream world and you’re taken along for the ride. The experience will sweep you away into the fantastic world of classic Disney animated musical sequences—from “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Little Mermaid,” to “Peter Pan” and “Aladdin.”
What better time for Mickey’s PhilharMagic to debut than during Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration! Join us as we celebrate 90 years of magic with the all-new “Mickey’s Mix Magic” nighttime projection show, “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,” limited-time décor, specialty foods, merchandise and more!
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more details on this exciting new addition to Disney California Adventure park!

brb1006

Wasn't there plans on updating the CGI and swapping different animated sequences in the other versions of PhilarMagic? Because I remember this show was one of the first times guests get to see their various Disney characters (Not counting Mickey and Donald) in CGI form. Plus the CGI actually looked impressive for 2003. But slowly started looking showing its age.

dlr74

Original Poster
I haven't been in this theater for a while.. I know it has rumbling effects. Does anyone know any other effects the theater has? The MK theater has scent blasters and water squirters for this show

brb1006

I believe Mickey's PhilharMagic is one of the last places where you get to hear Wayne Allwine's performance as Mickey Mouse at Disneyland and Walt Disney World (Besides Fantasmic at DHS). Since Bret Iwan (The current voice of Mickey) is currently heard at various shows and other areas at DL and WDW. Bret even redid some new lines in Disneyland's updated version of Fantasmic. As a result, this leaves PhilharMagic and WDW's Fantasmic as one of the last places where Wayne Allwine's performance remains untouched.

Reminds me of how Paul Winchell (The original voice of Tigger) was able to record some lines at Walt Disney World's "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" since the Imagineers felt bad for Paul not being able to voice Tigger in the 2000 movie "The Tigger Movie" (Jim Cummings voiced Tigger) due to his voice losing energy due to his age. This resulted with the Winnie The Pooh ride at WDW being the last time Paul Winchell was able to voice him.

The Disneyland version of the Winnie The Pooh attraction has Jim Cummings voicing him.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom