Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

TrainsOfDisney

The Marquee and the costumes are very nice!

I hopped over to DCA and wanted to see Frozen, I got so annoyed with the “hosts” at frozen that I left the Q... but I still wanted some AC before my Soarin fastpass so I hopped into Philharmagic just to see how it works in that theatre. The CM’s were so nice and welcoming at Philharmagic! Some of the nicest I encountered on my visit.

Disney Analyst

I hopped over to DCA and wanted to see Frozen, I got so annoyed with the “hosts” at frozen that I left the Q... but I still wanted some AC before my Soarin fastpass so I hopped into Philharmagic just to see how it works in that theatre. The CM’s were so nice and welcoming at Philharmagic! Some of the nicest I encountered on my visit.

Did you enjoy the duck butt?

ProjectXBlog

agreed. everyone is really excited about the show and i love that. it’s a great show as always (west coast presentation issues notwithstanding)! one of my favorites. the duck butt moves folks; the DUCK BUTT WIGGLES AND SHAKES!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This is actually an improvement for the Hollywood Blvd. street in DCA.

Keep in mind however, while this is an improvement, it's an improvement from some of the cheapest and ugliest "Imagineering" of the modern era. It replaces a concrete slab and exposed steel beam cave where people sat on metal chairs and ate hot dogs on plastic trays.

IMG_2649.jpg
:cool:
hollywoodwishlist_wienerseating2015ww.jpg

But an improvement is an improvement, no matter how low the bar is. Congrats DCA! :rolleyes:

Meh. I think I rather have the covered seating area than the half-assed marquee for the temporary Philharmagic on a budget. But whatever, it’s all craptastic.

The Grand Inquisitor

It just isn't a popular show. They actually have cast members calling out repeatedly on the PA system to draw in guests but no one is interested. It was pretty depressing while I enjoyed my overpriced vegan dog in the shaded alleyway seating area adorned with the fictional banners from the waiting area of the show at The Magic Kingdom.
Its sad because the show is really good. Hollywood land definitely needs an refresh or an update.

George Lucas on a Bench

I do feel kinda bad for it and especially the bored lonely CMs working it because it's a decent enough show, but that corner of DCA is cursed. I also can't defend them slapping in a 15 year old 3D movie from WDW. There's a Coco live show that is extremely popular on the other side of the park, Frozen seems to pack them in every show and everyone also seems to enjoy the Pixar band that will soon be axed. It's the complete opposite of this depressing forgotten corner of DCA with a bunch of junky industrial crude "backlot" "theming" and the repurposed carcass of Superstar Limo hidden in the back like an alternate universe Hollywood Studios segment. Philharmonic is irrelevant for whatever reason.

I remember several years ago this area of the park was a party every night with the Mad T Party. A big live entertainment event with a band, DJ, kooky characters and all that stuff. Chapek's greatest nightmare.

D.Silentu

Yes, at best it was energetic and I do miss the live music. I would have expected the alcohol sales to have been enough to keep this but apparently not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom