MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also, the bands are suposoed to linke up with your photo pass plus. Well....guess what...they didn't. The only one that worked twice was my wife's for the on ride photo. Now keep in mind, I didn't even know they linked the bands up with photo plus, but I guess they do....or kind of do should I say.
They've been having horrendous problems with this aspect alone. Basically, they tried it on the ToT and it just wouldn't work. The connection was just too weak and needs to be considerably beefed up without the RF messing with anything else. And when it does work, and linking to the correct account...

Just one tiny example.

wogwog

Schadenfreude: a feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people.

Well, good. All of us here have seen this train wreck coming for years, now, and the 'testing rollout'
has made it even worse. I'm a 'glass half full' guy who took a 'wait and see' approach to NextGen--could
it possibly be a positive thing, that we were knee-jerk reacting against? I try not to prejudge these
things--sometimes we the consumer don't know what we want until we have it.

But the rollout thus far has been disastrous, and as far as I'm concerned, all the naysayers had it right
this time. It's an unmitigated disaster. Nothing about it sounds good to fans or casual users. The problems
with the rollout are symptoms of the greater disease.

Meanwhile, up the road, the good news is at Universal. I still have to swallow hard to say that, and
whack the pixie dust out of my addled brain, but it's true. They are doing everything that I used to
love about what Disney did. Only Disney doesn't do it now.

And so it has come to this. So why the feeling of enjoyment? Perhaps this signals that our long
nightmare is ending. Not over, but the beginning of the end. It won't happen soon enough, and
may cause further damage. I'm just not ready to say that it's over, for good. Let them go through
their gyrations, let senior management flail and twist in the breeze. I'm taking the long view, this
too, shall pass. We've all been through this before, when Eisner was in his "Richard III" phase. It
was ugly. 'Save Disney'!

NextGen: Too Big to Fail? Let's hope not. Let it crash and burn. And out of the ashes, possibly,
a return to basics, to new attractions, to maintenance, to real guest service. It seems so
simple on the outside.

I can't say I clearly see that bright future. It's pretty far off, and the coals we are walking on are
still hot. Much heaving and buckling and wreckage to go through. But after watching this happen for a few years, it's not too much, I think, to take some pleasure in their misfortune, to wag our fingers and have a round of I-told-you-sos.

And hope, still. And dream, still.

And in the meantime, visit Hogwarts. Sounds really cool.

Thanks for nothing, Burbank. Keep fiddling . . .
Close Burbank.

WDW1974

I hate to say I told you so, but I did see it coming.

NGE is the type of huge failure that would, in a normal world, result in massive housecleaning. Instead, they'll just chop quality and cut future production. This is what happens when you have folks running the asylum who should be regional managers for Walmart.

I wish I could say more, but the situation is just depressing as hell (and largely accurate) and to the "my first visit to WDW was in 2001 and we bought DVC in 2004 with Uncle Frank and the cousins and WDW has never been better' crowd: YOU are responsible for this. You and the social media bloggingwhores. I don't really care one quarter of a (blank) whether you loved Thor 2 and think it is epic that Mickey now owns Darth and R2D2. This is a company that is building huge walls over a completely cracked foundation.

Anyway, some of us have to work ... so I'll leave you with this: GO RIDE YOUR MAGIC BANDS!!!

(And, yes, I have heard some comments from the good folks at Comcast/UNI and they are licking their chops and laughing their off!)

Ignohippo

Wow. And we all though Rasulo leaving the Parks would be a good thing. Little did we know he'd move into Finance and find a way to screw up the parks for decades to come.

It's amazing how one man (who isn't even the CEO) could set WDW back for literally 30 years. Just think about how amazing the Resort would be right now if it weren't for him.

Rasulo should run for Congress. He'd fit right in with all of the other idiots hell-bent on destroying the country.

lazyboy97o

NGE is the type of huge failure that would, in a normal world, result in massive housecleaning. Instead, they'll just chop quality and cut future production. This is what happens when you have folks running the asylum who should be regional managers for Walmart.
Even the regional Walmart managers wouldn't be dumb enough to toss out the groceries because the new TVs aren't selling.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I hate to say I told you so, but I did see it coming.

Was thinking along lines of Greeter or at best Deli Manager.

devoy1701

fans of Disney are responsible for a leadership and project management issue at Disney?
For the dumbing down the parks...for the false "everything is great" attitude that comes with cheering on MM+ and the convenience of FP+, and the greatness of New Fantasyland and BOG Restaurant and soaking up Free Dining like it's the best pixie dust drug around. For saying that if you had to chose between value and quality, you'd prefer value, instead of holding firm for both, and speaking up when you don't get it.

It's the current dumbed down Disney Guest's fault because they're OK with JUST OK because you still have a good time and can live off the nostalgia.

Wow. And we all though Rasulo leaving the Parks would be a good thing. Little did we know he'd move into Finance and find a way to screw up the parks for decades to come.

It's amazing how one man (who isn't even the CEO) could set WDW back for literally 30 years. Just think about how amazing the Resort would be right now if it weren't for him.

Rasulo should run for Congress. He'd fit right in with all of the other idiots hell-bent on destroying the country.
CFO is arguable the most powerful position in a company. They get to write the checks!

FrankLapidus

He's incompetence personified. In a way I admire him for managing to keep a job for as long as he has while not being very good at most of what he has done at Disney, at most other companies you think he would have gone a long time ago. No wonder people like Steve Burke feel compelled to leave when they see the likes of Jay Rasulo ahead of them in the company.

WDWDad13

Yes for not holding Disney accountable for it's deviations from it's OWN STANDARDS.

For the dumbing down the parks...for the false "everything is great" attitude that comes with cheering on MM+ and the convenience of FP+, and the greatness of New Fantasyland and BOG Restaurant and soaking up Free Dining like it's the best pixie dust drug around. For saying that if you had to chose between value and quality, you'd prefer value, instead of holding firm for both, and speaking up when you don't get it.
It's the current dumbed down Disney Guest's fault because they're OK with JUST OK because you still have a good time and can live off the nostalgia.

so what do you suggest WE do then?

DManRightHere

I don't believe it. I don't see how a technology issue (that should take no longer than a year to fix) is going to cause you to indefinitely hold any new attractions while the competition is building and building. That is just bad business. It sounds like whiny politicians still going on about Obamacare.

the.dreamfinder

The sad thing about this is that, like Steve Burke, Dick Cook, and the beloved Matt Ouimet, there are execs that if put in charge could make a world of difference and start to right the ship. I could easily see Kathleen Kennedy and Alan Horn running the company in a Michael/Frank scenario, but it's more likely the strategic planholes, or in Kathy's case a certain weatherman and fanboi, will them off and they will quit. And then go work for the competition and make $$$ for the competition by offering a quality product.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom