MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

mitchk

They've been having horrendous problems with this aspect alone. Basically, they tried it on the ToT and it just wouldn't work. The connection was just too weak and needs to be considerably beefed up without the RF messing with anything else. And when it does work, and linking to the correct account...

Just one tiny example.

I had heard something to that extent. Thanks for clearing that up for me my man! BTW, is this weak connection also gonna help prevent having pirates say your name, your name at the end of small world...ect?

FrankLapidus

The sad thing about this is that, like Steve Burke, Dick Cook, and the beloved Matt Ouimet, there are exec that if put in charge could make a world of difference and start to right the ship. I could easily see Kathleen Kennedy and Alan Horn running the company in a Michael/Frank scenario, but it's more likely the strategic planholes, or in Kathy's case a certain weatherman and fanboi, will them off and they will quit. And then go work for the competition and make $$$ for the competition by offering a quality product.

That's what really angers me, that executives like those you mentioned are either fired or allowed to leave while incompetent idiots seem to thrive at Disney these days. Hopefully when Iger does go he'll take those people with him and a fresh influx in management might shed some light at the end of what looks to be a pretty long and dark tunnel at the moment if you're a theme park fan.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And what does that prove? Was he at this meeting?

It gives credence to the narrative of events - and is evidence of activity before the story broke. You keep acting like this is something random with zero ties to anything. It's not. Am I saying it's verifiably accurate? No - it's a retelling by a rumor site from information gathered through sources. But the site has a long history of reasonable vetting and accurate sources.. and also coincides with bits that were accumulated independently of Miceaage.

Cesar R M

That's what really angers me, that executives like those you mentioned are either fired or allowed to leave while incompetent idiots seem to thrive at Disney these days. Hopefully when Iger does go he'll take those people with him and a fresh influx in management might shed some light at the end of what looks to be a pretty long and dark tunnel at the moment if you're a theme park fan.
Well, this happens everywhere, look at political leaders worldwide. (lol)
crocks will be crocks who will always help and cling other crocks so they can still be in the place with crocks. ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We are in WDW now and I see people at the front desk (AKL) every time I walk by who are having problems with their bands. The FP line at Soarin was backed up to SS food court for a half hour while we ate lunch. A mix of people not using the band properly and people who didnt even have a FP just trying to ride it.lol.

I see a lot of CM's with their fist in the air at the entrance (to alert a tech to help). I see irate people at the front desk and in the parks needing assistance due to Band malfunction. Yes, thousands of others are NOT having problems but just wait till its your family who cant get in their room or one of your party members whose band wont let them in the park or malfunctions in some other way. All the apologists and excuse makers for MM+ wont like it so much when its an hour out of your vacation day to fix it at one of these locations:
20131126_134235.jpg

Nmoody1

Poor Jay Rassulo.... Think about what he has done for the company....

Look at the success of Regional entertainment.... ESPN zones, DisneyQuest, Club Disney...

Oh..... Let's make him CFO - he launched all them past projects with such success......

Is it any wonder we are in this mess?

the.dreamfinder

(Incomplete) List of Business and Creative execs who left or were fired
Parks and Resorts:
Matt Ouimet
Tony Baxter
Tim Delaney (DLP Discoveryland, HKDL Piratesland/Mountain)
Steve and Tim Kirk (Journey Into Imagination, Tower of Terror DHS, and Tokyo Disney Sea)
Kim Irvine
and our dear Eddie Sotto

Studios/Burbank:
Steve Burke
Dick Cook
Scott Rudin (Miramax post Weinstein)

Animation: A bit more complicated
Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
Glen Keane
Nik Reneiri and other hand drawn animators

AndyMagic

Not if you don't like theme parks and therefore have no understanding of how they work. That's the bigger problem here. Both coasts are beholden to people with no love or respect for the business.
This is ridiculously accurate. The opposite is true at Universal which explains all the smart decisions they've been making lately. Steve Burke has a love for theme parks and used to work at Disneyland Paris. He understands how they function.

Cesar R M

We are in WDW now and I see people at the front desk (AKL) every time I walk by who are having problems with their bands. The FP line at Soarin was backed up to SS food court for a half hour while we ate lunch. A mix of people not using the band properly and people who didnt even have a FP just trying to ride it.lol.

I see a lot of CM's with their fist in the air at the entrance (to alert a tech to help). I see irate people at the front desk and in the parks needing assistance due to Band malfunction. Yes, thousands of others are NOT having problems but just wait till its your family who cant get in their room or one of your party members whose band wont let them in the park or malfunctions in some other way. All the apologists and excuse makers for MM+ wont like it so much when its an hour out of your vacation day to fix it at one of these locations:
View attachment 39776
they should never have rolled the thing completely.. they should have rolled service by service (starting by the hotels) and until it was stable, move to more stuff..
they just seemed to cram everything together, click the on switch... and then started to pray to jesus for it to work D:

WDWDad13

they should never have rolled the thing completely.. they should have rolled service by service (starting by the hotels) and until it was stable, move to more stuff..
they just seemed to cram everything together, click the on switch... and then started to pray to jesus for it to work D:

exactly... mis-management...bad project management and planning - they were likely rushed from those near the top not understanding how big or difficult this really is

something that has shocked me is the lack of education on these magic bands before just opening them up to resort guests. just recently they began sending more material for education purposes with their magic band shipment so it's a start... but this should have been done WAY ahead of time

Mr. Moderate

I'm new here, but I wanted to add that on my recent trip this past October, the magic bands didn't work at all for my hotel room and after many trips back to the front desk, I was given a room key. Pop Century had such a huge line for check in due the magic band system not working, people in line, including me, were given a complementary park ticket and told to come back later. The bands did work for charging purposes and my park tickets, but I was lucky compared to others. I saw quite a few people not getting entry due to their bands not working right and their frustration was evident. This story is quite sad and cutbacks to the parks and cancellations to new rides makes me rethink going back for quite along time.

Cesar R M

(Incomplete) List of Business and Creative execs who left or were fired
Parks and Resorts:
Matt Ouimet
Tony Baxter
Tim Delaney (DLP Discoveryland, HKDL Piratesland/Mountain)
Steve and Tim Kirk (Journey Into Imagination, Tower of Terror DHS, and Tokyo Disney Sea)
Kim Irvine
and our dear Eddie Sotto

Studios/Burbank:
Steve Burke
Dick Cook
Scott Rudin (Miramax post Weinstein)

Animation: A bit more complicated
Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
Glen Keane
Nik Reneiri and other hand drawn animators
Christ!.. they're hemorrhaging talent while maintaining WallStreet Hoggers..?

devoy1701

yeah right... you expect me to believe you just cancelled your family Christmas trip due to this assumed news
I stopped giving them money a long time ago! What they've lost from me since I first committed to not giving WDW money is about 90 days in the parks and about 30 nights staying onsite...plus 3 yrs worth of APs. It equals roughly $16,000 just from my wife and I.

WDWDad13

I stopped giving them money a long time ago! What they've lost from me since I first committed to not giving WDW money is about 90 days in the parks and about 30 nights staying onsite...plus 3 yrs worth of APs. It equals roughly $16,000 just from my wife and I.

yet you still visit and post on a Disney message board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom