MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

Sue_Vongello

I still think MM+ can and will be successful... now when I say that I don't mean making billions of dollars from it... I mean successful in using magic bands for things, mobile apps, notifications of a discount somewhere nearby to help redirect some traffic flow, talking characters or attractions knowing who you are, FP+ still needs some re-thinking I agree on that...but there are still so pros than can and should come out of it...we'll see

That's a failure then ... if they spend a billion dollars on something that won't make billions and only helps guests traffic flow and mobile apps and characters knowing who you are ... then it is a failure. I see no benefits from that when you consider how the money could have been allocated.

WDWDad13

That's a failure then ... if they spend a billion dollars on something that won't make billions and only helps guests traffic flow and mobile apps and characters knowing who you are ... then it is a failure. I see no benefits from that when you consider how the money could have been allocated.

so they shouldn't have paved all the paths and parking lots in the parks and just used gravel or dirt?

and I think that's where all the anger comes from... everyone is assuming the money WOULD have been used to build all the new magical attractions... do we really believe that

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But this assumes that MyMagicPlus is a failure. There is no proof of this, other than anecdotal complaints and articles based on them. In fact, the fact that they haven't rolled back implementation at a single resort is pretty good evidence that it's working.

Just because Disney isn't expanding their parks as fast as you would like them to doesn't men they coldnt do so if they wanted.

What expansion, I see some press releases but TWDC is closing the Imagination pavillion at EPCOT, Subs at DL are going on indefinite hiatus, FoTLK is closing for 6 months - supposedly to reopen, Parades at AK are history as of 5 Jan 2014. Small shows vanishing all over the place, Hours being cut at all the FL Parks

Don't see a lot of expansion here, DO see a LOT OF RETRENCHMENT and CUTBACKS.

Sue_Vongello

so they shouldn't have paved all the paths and parking lots in the parks and just used gravel or dirt?

and I think that's where all the anger comes from... everyone is assuming the money WOULD have been used to build all the new magical attractions... do we really believe that

I would be happy if they just spent the money on painting, maintaining existing attractions, and maybe paying the CMs decent salaries so they feel motivated to emulate the ideals of the past.

Either way ... it's not dreaming or fanboy fantasy to think that a theme park invest in attractions ...

SoupBone

To the people responsible for this debacle....

Sub their for his.

tumblr_mppb0lHYyy1sunadjo1_500.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would be happy if they just spent the money on painting, maintaining existing attractions, and maybe paying the CMs decent salaries so they feel motivated to emulate the ideals of the past.

Either way ... it's not dreaming or fanboy fantasy to think that a theme park invest in attractions ...

No they would not have spent the same amount on attractions, but SOME amount would have been spent and that would have done more than all the bands together

mitchk

I told everyone, when I tested the magic + last sept, this is not gonna work. Well, I just got back from a 7 day trip with my trusty band.....all I can say is...they Suck! I couldn't believe how many problems there were. My fast passes were not viewable from my iPad, they never gave us a pin at check in, so when we tried to get a qs at MK we were denied and had to go back to our resort to have a pin installed, it would not open our room door........ You get the idea, they are nowhere near ready, and even if they do get all the bugs out, I still hate the whole idea of them. Why would you get a park hopper option with these things anyway? So I can do my FPs at MK, then go to Epcot and wait in crazy lines, because everyone else there has FPs for all the good rides? Makes no sense, who ever green lit this so called project needs to be fired! Last thing, in Epcot I even went to a magic my way station to look up my FPs, and the whole system was down, this was on 2 different occasions.

Also, the bands are suposoed to linke up with your photo pass plus. Well....guess what...they didn't. The only one that worked twice was my wife's for the on ride photo. Now keep in mind, I didn't even know they linked the bands up with photo plus, but I guess they do....or kind of do should I say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom