MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

Jimmy Thick

How?

How on earth doeS MM+ make them money? How is it a revenue stream?

Lol, what do you think its being made for? You can't possibly think of potential applications that this will can make a fortune simply based on the ease of use you will have to charge things, let alone special offers tailored to you out of the blue? Disney invested billions just to give you limited fastpasses and a queueless entry system? Please now, MM+ will make it easier to overspend, beyond anything else, it will make billions of dollars people don't want to spend because they don't have to do something as mundane as pulling out a wallet or opening up a purse.

Not to mention the interactive aspect, which will over time more than likely develop into something amazing...

Jimmy Thick- Seriously, no one ever thought of that?

WDW1974

I personally think Tokyo Disney Resort is actually the worst Disney Resort.

Tokyo Disneyland Park
- Tomorrowland is a complete mess
- Land transitions are non existant
- Fantasyland is in need of a huge update and makeover
- Large empty spaces and walkways
- Glass ceiling over the Bazaar can be seen from Adventureland and Tomorrowland and ruins the theme
- Crowded most of the year
- Bad layout, Critter Country is a complete dead end at Splash Mountain
- Fireworks are to the left of the castle not behind, same show shared by both parks, cheap

Tokyo DisneySea
- Lacking rides for such a big park

OK. I guess there is one out there ... at least six of the above are easily applicable to the MK.

But, seriously, I think your taste leaves much to be desired.

Jimmy Thick

WDW thinks they are special but is becoming a commodity. The more the management treats WDW with commodity practices, the faster WDW will become a commodity experience.

Who says they are becoming a commodity? Where are these people? Who speaks for this group? Who is their leader?

People posing on a internet forum?

Oh, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jimmy Thick- Channeling Gary Cole from Office Space...

WDW1974

:eek: I think this conversation should be reserved for a new thread if we're going into this discussion

Nah, I think this is as good a place as any here. People read this forum religiously. That's why I posted my SDL news in my thread up here.

For many members asking them to go to another board would be like asking them to get down and do 75 pushups!

WDW1974

I believe Disney is not as stupid as some people would love for you to believe. People fail to remember they created the theme park and, in my opinion, will be trail-blazers in its future development that all theme parks will eventually adapt to and implement. This is not the big deal doom and gloom garbage articles like the laughable Micechat one keep trying to make it out to be.

Its the future, like it or not. Get over the cost, no one can or will change it, don't question it accept it.

Jimmy Thick- Like it.

Laughable. (please don't break my nose at EPCOT!)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A couple amusement parks in a seedy area of Orlando is hardly competition, its more of a divine comedy. I can see why Disney scoffs at the notion Universal is competition, they really just are not.

Jimmy Thick- Reality is powerful when confronted after small doses of fantasy, breath, breath...

Sir, put down the pixie dust and back away slowly... I said PUT DOWN THE PIXIE DUST AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nor do I. My suspicion is they'll attribute any increased spending to Magic Bands and the other technology, when it actually would have occurred anyway (and is more likely the result of price increases and not actual guest spending), so they can save face (and careers, possibly) by being able to claim success for NGE.

So agree.

Statistics are a funny funny thing. Our trips were once 14-16 days, now about 5 days to a week at best. We spend time first at the other parks and their resorts. How does the magic band realize they lost a huge chunk of our vacation dollars? They are not that magical.

There is no way I'm going to spend more with a Magic Band than I would have in cash, credit/debit card. This just makes tracking easier but I'm still not linking my band to my credit card, just like I didn't link my credit card to my Key to the World card, no benefit to me over just pulling the card out of my wallet.

WDW1974

And Al waited to post articles. Al's posts always had a tag line that said something to the effect of "columns are posted as information comes in and has been verified". Dusty and co stopped this when they took over and they feel they need to post a column every two to three weeks instead of waiting.

Absolutely. Al could go two months without writing anything or more ... Dusty and Co feel pressured to get something out at least every 2-3 weeks at the least. That is real tough in this game. News comes at its own pace and it seems as if they are trying to force it.

yeti

And Disney has competition? Where and whom?
Up the road and--you know what, screw it.

One year after full implementation, MM+ will be as indispensable as toilet paper, and people will still find something wrong, yet Disney will continue to prosper, naysayers be damned.

Jimmy Thick- Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will MM+. but it will last longer and be more efficient than the Roman empire, and make lots more money.

But my Lord, Jimmy, how can you speak in such absolutes when so very much evidence proves the opposite? You're not going against the grain here, you're just being (here it comes) THICK.

Jimmy Thick--who taught this guy about Rome? Judi Dench??

AndyS2992

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is not run by idiots, just people who have no passion for them and think they are no different than a mall.
True however DLR, DLP and HKD have all been doing very well over the last three years with new attractions and boosts in maintenance. It's only WDW that seems to be suffering from very poor management. I assume as it is the most visited theme park resort on Earth they do not feel it needs any love?

willtravel

Lol, what do you think its being made for? You can't possibly think of potential applications that this will can make a fortune simply based on the ease of use you will have to charge things, let alone special offers tailored to you out of the blue? Disney invested billions just to give you limited fastpasses and a queueless entry system? Please now, MM+ will make it easier to overspend, beyond anything else, it will make billions of dollars people don't want to spend because they don't have to do something as mundane as pulling out a wallet or opening up a purse.

Not to mention the interactive aspect, which will over time more than likely develop into something amazing...

Jimmy Thick- Seriously, no one ever thought of that?
So you are saying Disney will profit from MM+ just because people are too lazy to pull out there credit card from wallet? If that is true, then this is a sad world we live in.

DisneyGentleman

There are folks actually who believe that MM+ is money well spent. I believe those people harm WDW and all of its fans and guests greatly.

After thinking about the value proposition for MM+, there may be more here than we realize. Fully 5% of the US population (though many are from overseas) visits the Magic Kingdom every year. These are people who are willing to spend money for a premium experience.

Now, with MM+, every action of this group is scrutinized for maybe one week of the year. Spending patterns, eating patterns, what they like to do and how they spend their time. Imagine the value of this information to marketeers and virtually anyone who want's to sell a product.

So just possibly the added income is not about what you spend while at WDW, but the value of knowing what you do and having that data linked directly to you as an individual.

Just saying...

Last edited:

Nubs70

Who says they are becoming a commodity? Where are these people? Who speaks for this group? Who is their leader?

People posing on a internet forum?

Oh, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jimmy Thick- Channeling Gary Cole from Office Space...
Has WDW streamlined merch offerings throughout the park? Have dining offerings become more unique or common? Has the MM+ rollout provided guests with a mass customized experience or a more streamlined experience?

twebber55

Jim hill mentioned one of the ways they will make money is proper staffing and not over staffing because they will know where people are

not sayin he s right just mentioning it...have no idea

rct247

While it isn't a perfect world, of all the resort properties, Walt Disney World is suffering the worst when it comes to what the guest experience was like to what it is now. Sure other properties like Disneyland Paris are struggling in terms of attendance and identity. WDW is aging, fading, and becoming quite literally a "tragic kingdom". The majority of the guests who visit receive this preconceived notion of a perfect vacation painted on their TV screens. They come from far and wide to experience the vacation Mecca. When they arrive they find stress and deception. It's overwelming, it's expensive, and to the first time visitor it is impressive, but it's a false facade. You have parks, resorts, and transportation that are aging. It isn't always crowded, but when they are, you feel it. The experience is being pushed as family togetherness and memories, but what I see is a grab for their wallets and a strategy on what can be cut, cheapened, and reduced to save money to make more money. Disney does ton of research, but I think what they finding is the research might be flawed. They are relying so much on data that they are forget to look at the emotion behind it all. It's easy to collect data on how you might rank your experience in the park today as a 3 because it was crowded, but until you actually see the family of 5 run around looking for their stroller that got moved with 3 screaming (bratty) kids saying they want to go back to the hotel to swim when they are trying to get to Winnie the Pooh for their FP before their Bibbity Bobbiti Boutique reservation at 4pm and dinner reservation at 6:30pm, it won't mean the same thing.

BubbaQuest

Who is going to be the first to post an Eisner, "Miss me?" meme?

Done.

missme.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom