MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I personally think Tokyo Disney Resort is actually the worst Disney Resort.

Tokyo Disneyland Park
- Tomorrowland is a complete mess
- Land transitions are non existant
- Fantasyland is in need of a huge update and makeover
- Large empty spaces and walkways
- Glass ceiling over the Bazaar can be seen from Adventureland and Tomorrowland and ruins the theme
- Crowded most of the year
- Bad layout, Critter Country is a complete dead end at Splash Mountain
- Missing several staple rides
- Fireworks are to the left of the castle not behind, same show shared by both parks, cheap

Tokyo DisneySea
- Lacking rides for such a big park

:eek: I think this conversation should be reserved for a new thread if we're going into this discussion

Jimmy Thick

I think you meant Disney is going all in on this and it's not going away so we're stuck and in a few years people won't remember what life was like before it (sadly).

I believe Disney is not as stupid as some people would love for you to believe. People fail to remember they created the theme park and, in my opinion, will be trail-blazers in its future development that all theme parks will eventually adapt to and implement. This is not the big deal doom and gloom garbage articles like the laughable Micechat one keep trying to make it out to be.

Its the future, like it or not. Get over the cost, no one can or will change it, don't question it accept it.

Jimmy Thick- Like it.

CDavid

Its very useful and convenient, yes. (when it works)

I just dont see how they intend to profit off of it.

Nor do I. My suspicion is they'll attribute any increased spending to Magic Bands and the other technology, when it actually would have occurred anyway (and is more likely the result of price increases and not actual guest spending), so they can save face (and careers, possibly) by being able to claim success for NGE. It won't make it any less an abomination in reality, but it sure will look better on paper.

The only other possibility I can see is, as others have suggested, by charging for the components of MM+ (FP+, etc.) which are now free. Thing is, in theory they could have done that all along, and even some pre-planning, without the expense of MM+.

The point that just boggles me is how anyone ever thought this boondoggle could drive guest spending increases of the amounts claimed. It defies all explanation.

Computer Magic

From an inside view, NextGen really is a disaster. So many things haven't worked as planned.

• Poor Choices & Feeling Tricked- The choices for guests using FP+ are terrible. At two of the four parks, guests can only pick one headliner attraction and then are forced to use their remain 2 FP+ choices on trivial selections some of which are a complete joke. Guests are also discovering this, especially first time visitors. Sure Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Journey into Imagination, American Idol Experience, and its tough to be a bug are all attractions a first time visitor might want to enjoy, but on a typical visit (not peak capacity), these attractions don't hardly have waits. Guests use their FP+ and realize it wasn't needed and think they wasted their FP+ choice, which they did. Again the problem is that they really didn't have any other choice. Limiting it to three is also making guests quite angry. They are seeing non-MagicBand guests walk up to kiosk to get FP how they want and multiple headline attractions sometimes exceeding three in a day and they realize they can't do that. They don't care that they can book ahead or do it on their smartphone. That doesn't matter once they are in the park and see the wait times. Let's be honest, adding FP+ was an terrible idea, especially when many attractions were hardly using or removing legacy FP such as Haunted Mansion, Stitch's Great Escape, Mission:Space, LIghts Motors Action, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, MuppetVision3D, Captain EO, and its tough to be a bug.
. :grumpy:
This is probably my biggest compliant with WDW, they don't give their guests enough credit. WDW would be better off giving me one FP and not try pushing Tiki Room, Capatain EO, MuppetVision as a FP.

Give us a little more credit and stop trying to make BS smell like a rose.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nor do I. My suspicion is they'll attribute any increased spending to Magic Bands and the other technology, when it actually would have occurred anyway (and is more likely the result of price increases and not actual guest spending), so they can save face (and careers, possibly) by being able to claim success for NGE. It won't make it any less an abomination in reality, but it sure will look better on paper.

The only other possibility I can see is, as others have suggested, by charging for the components of MM+ (FP+, etc.) which are now free. Thing is, in theory they could have done that all along, and even some pre-planning, without the expense of MM+.

The point that just boggles me is how anyone ever thought this boondoggle could drive guest spending increases of the amounts claimed. It defies all explanation.
This has to be the plan. Raise ticket and food prices by 10% this year and then claim a 10% increase in WDW revenue due to magic bands. In reality there is absolutely no way to quantify whether increased spending is linked to magic bands. Maybe decreased costs could be linked (although right now it seems costs are actually higher with all the CMs helping guests). If they do eventually sell the data collected either internally to another division or externally that would be easier to quantify I guess.

StageFrenzy

I believe Disney is not as stupid as some people would love for you to believe. People fail to remember they created the theme park and, in my opinion, will be trail-blazers in its future development that all theme parks will eventually adapt to and implement. This is not the big deal doom and gloom garbage articles like the laughable Micechat one keep trying to make it out to be.

Its the future, like it or not. Get over the cost, no one can or will change it, don't question it accept it.

Jimmy Thick- Like it.

Walt Disney and his imagineers created the theme park, almost all of them are dead and gone. Just because you are on top today doesn't mean you will remain there.

RSoxNo1

Can anyone tell me the last time a Mice Age rumor came to fruition? I think their reliability ended with the DCA expansion. Iron Man in tomorrowland, Avatar being officially dead, Monstropolis.....the list goes on and on.
Most recently, the first refurbishment to Little Mermaid, the GAC to DAS changes and the Nemo Subs returning.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Everyone should stop being so high and mighty about people paying to go to Disney.. this is a fan site after all... I mean I do agree that part of the problem is that people are still paying to go and lapping up anything Disney throws their way despite the higher price and lesser quality, but life is too short... should parents not take their children to Disney just because they don't like the way the park is being managed right now... when their 25 do you sit down with them and say ..."Oh yeah... the Disney I fell in love with as a child is back.... I'm sorry we didn't take you but it wasn't really up to my standards back then... maybe it will still be decent for your children" ... or do you tell Gramps and Grandma that you're boycotting Disney for now and maybe in 10 years we can go back... and we can push you around in a wheel chair... We are taking a family trip coming up...my parents really want to go... and they aren't getting any younger... someday they might not be able to walk around the world... Life is short... and people want to make the best of it... However I do think there is a problem when mombloggers and the Disney diehards orgasm over substandard offerings... but that is the mentality of the business... I used to work there and the management would like you to believe a mickey sticker can write any wrong a guest is having with their Disney vacation.... What i will do is try to persuade people to spend more time at Uni and Seaworld because they deserve to be recognized for what they have done in the past few years... but life to short to completely cut Disney out... at least for me... granted we don't live close to Orlando and we don't get to go often anyway... ... for locals boycotting is probably less painful and more impactful.

Uhm. All I got from that was "... .... ... .. .... ..... .. .. ... ..... ... .. .. .. .. ....."

WDW1974

Just a question, but does anyone think Kanye will be alive in a decade because I don't?

Oops, I thought I was on the 'Celebs Who Shouldn't Be' boards ... my bad.

Just want to be very clear and state what I did in the middle of the night and that is that Miceage got about 20% of the story right, about 20% possibly right and 60% just totally waaay off. Those are arbitrary numbers, but since they likely caused the deaths of countless fanbois over the past 36 hours, I felt the need to say it.

NGE has been a disaster and they got that right. And it is having an affect on other projects and parts of P&R.

But it hasn't gotten anything chopped yet. Nothing. And the Star Wars delays have NOTHING to do with it in the big scheme of things.

SDL being waaay behind schedule and Bob Iger and the Chinese Communist Party's mandate the park open by the end of 2015 are why SOME Imagineers have been pulled off of American projects. Most of these folks are on temp assignments (and here, they aren't flying to China!) and will go back to their other projects ASAP.

A lot of signals and info got crossed so that Miceage put out what it did. They don't often swing and miss so badly, but they also aren't run by Al Lutz anymore ...and it shows.

WDW1974

BTW, kudos to Robert Niles (a former REAL journalist) at Theme Park Insider for his column this week on the disaster that is NGE/MM+ ... his comparison to the implementation of the ACA is quite apt. Of course we all do need health insurance and medical care. None of us need to be able to schedule a meet and greet with Cinderella months in advance.

WDW1974

Hey, now...stop trying to stir up trouble.
You're both in leagues of your own.
;)

Hey, Trouble is my middle name ... and you need to pay attention to traffic on the I-40 or else you'll never be able to find enough road kill for your dinner tomorrow.

BTW, remind me to tell you how I ruined last year's turkey by putting LE Pins and Vinylmation in the stuffing! (I thought the fanboi minions would love it!)

WDW1974

So when are the firings going to happen? In the economy that we're languishing in, I hate to see anyone lose their job but the people pushing this crap have been making huge promises along with huge pay checks and have not performed. Not only has the promised tech not performed, the parks have languished because of it all while getting more expensive for the average vacationer. Where's Trump when you need him....You're Fired!!!

Disney has seen about a dozen execs either get canned or resign in the past month from the P&R ranks.

WDW1974

This is an old account, true, but until fairly recently I haven't been reading this forum, and certainly not paying attention to individual posters long enough to know that I am expected to accept their unsubstantiated word for gospel.
If others do, good for them.

Regardless, the author of the article in question is not, as much as I can tell, a poster in this forum. The post I was referring to was referencing something someone on this forum said weeks ago about the alleged meeting of executives in Orlando and using this as evidence that the article was correct in its allegations. My point was that people were reading too much into this, and indeed @WDW1974 is now saying that he believes a lot of the original article was, in his words, "merely speculation."

True enough.

I admit I was too quick to jump on the bandwagon because of the site's rep and the fact they had seemingly connected the dots. Problem was/is that the dots can be connected in multiple ways and they presented their version as the only possibility.

Jimmy Thick

Walt Disney and his imagineers created the theme park, almost all of them are dead and gone. Just because you are on top today doesn't mean you will remain there.

And Disney has competition? Where and whom?

One year after full implementation, MM+ will be as indispensable as toilet paper, and people will still find something wrong, yet Disney will continue to prosper, naysayers be damned.

Jimmy Thick- Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will MM+. but it will last longer and be more efficient than the Roman empire, and make lots more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom