MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

aladdin2007

Well it's many of you folks on here did call this project failing epicly, I just thought it wouldn't be on this scale poor disneyland. They have to suffer for WDW mistakes. Hopefully this doesn't ruin their 60th.

It sounds like the majority of 60th plans are all nixed, including any new parades and the fantasyland dark rides revamp.....Disneyland will lose its subs it sounds like, and we will lose Imagination, the AK parade,,,lets see what else gets cut. Great job Disney.

Cesar R M

Meanwhile.. at Universal studios..
this guy's grin is becoming as big as a Cheshire cat's

Tom%20Williams%20LR.jpg

Sped2424

It sounds like the majority of 60th plans are all nixed, including any new parades and the fantasyland dark rides revamp.....Disneyland will lose its subs it sounds like, and we will lose Imagination, the AK parade,,,lets see what else gets cut. Great job Disney.
I am sure avatarland is next. YAY. I really wanna know why it took this long to figure out this was a bad idea.

SoupBone

How are we losing Journey into Imagination?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
DLP has been floundering for years and hasn't had a good investment in a while. DLPS is finally getting a new ride, and from what I've gathered the park sorely needs it. I've never been.

@marni1971 would be a good person to answer questions about DLP, I think.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of his awesome videos and how I'd rather be watching them than at work dealing with work stuff.
Bless. Thank you :)

DLP is getting much needed renovation love, something that's already well started. Ride effects, a full Main Street refurb and rebuild, a multi year Newport Bay renovation is starting and the multi year Sequoia Lodge renovation was completed a year ago (those are two of the largest hotels in Europe). Rat is of course opening next spring, and finally make WDSP a full day for the average guest. Dreams is scheduled to run through next year, at the expense of Fantillusion - finances were diverted to the spectacular castle show, and logistics in the summer were making the parade harder and harder to run with the sky dark enough.

And consensus amongst the French is MM+ once hell freezes over.

Last edited:

WDWDad13

He is showing us the FP line. And how long THAT particular line is. Forgetting standby. You are working OT to defend the Brand here. Chill.

I could care less because if I had a fastpass old or new and the line was that long compared to standby whywouldn't anyone just hop into standby

SoupBone

How? It is closing next year with no replacement... Just like Wonders of Life...

Has this been officially reported? So Figment is gone for good?

And I read the spirited thread, but that's been off topic for a while, and I've seen nothing new as far as Imagination is concerned.

aladdin2007

according to spirit, thats the current plan. thats why its important to send out letters now because once its closed its too late. but now with the new board descion putting the freeze on everything any potentional imagination redo, it sounds like TDO wont have any choice anyway.

ABQ

I could care less because if I had a fastpass old or new and the line was that long compared to standby whywouldn't anyone just hop into standby
The detail I'd like to know with regards to these long FP lines was asked on another thread. Is the line backed up all the way from ride load through the queue indoors, out past the FP return sign or is it a logjam at the first Magic Band sensor located under the sign and then the queue inside is not fully loaded? If it's fully loaded all the way inside and then out to where the photo was taken, WDWDad13's question makes a great deal of sense, why not just hop in the standby?

WDWDad13

The detail I'd like to know with regards to these long FP lines was asked on another thread. Is the line backed up all the way from ride load through the queue indoors, out past the FP return sign or is it a logjam at the first Magic Band sensor located under the sign and then the queue inside is not fully loaded? If it's fully loaded all the way inside and then out to where the photo was taken, WDWDad13's question makes a great deal of sense, why not just hop in the standby?

See contrary to popular belief I occasionally make sense...a great deal may be stretching it tho :)

Captain Chaos

And I read the spirited thread, but that's been off topic for a while, and I've seen nothing new as far as Imagination is concerned.
Hasn't been officially reported, but neither has Jammin Jungle Parade not coming back either... 74 has reported that numerous times... And on the WDW website, JJP has no times on the scheduled past January 5th...

So since it appears 74 was right with the DAK parade (along with a few others here who also said it), I think we can say there is a more than 50% chance he'll be right about Imagination too...

Admiral01

Premium Member
We are at Test Track right now. Here is a pic of how long the FP line is. Great system Iger! Ive never seen it like this. LMAO
View attachment 39777

That is incredible, and ridiculous. What is the point of FastPass when you experience a line like this?

MM+ and FP+ are both an absolute failure. Planners of both lost sight of what makes a Disney vacation attractive. The focus on a high quality experience has been replaced with the desire to get every penny from me at all costs - even if that cost is a return trip. I visited Disneyland 2 weeks ago, and I am heading back in 2 weeks. What a breath of fresh air. I hadn't been to DLR since 2011. I don't subscribe to the Pixie dust - I do Disney vacations because they are fun, not simply because they are Disney. I don't care whose logo is on the ticket, as long as I get to have fun.

MM+ and FP+ have made me re-evaluate my annual plans for WDW, and we decided that we won't be back in the foreseeable future. Simple as that. I'd rather spend my money on vacations where I get to do and see what I want - not plan out ride times months in advance. If I do Disney, it will be Anaheim or Tokyo. More than likely, I will put more of my vacation money into New York, the Grand Canyon, London/Paris, and other things like that. I've said it before - Disney has driven me away from WDW.

I am happy that Iger is unhappy. He should be. WDW was just fine before MM+ came around. It wasn't perfect - but the lack of perfection certainly wasn't because of a lack of MM+ and FP+. What guest feedback made them think it would be a good idea? What sort of cooked analytics did they use to justify this? $1.5B for MM+...disgusting when you think about what the other parks have done with $1.5B recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom