MGM No More

LSUxStitch

TiggerRPh, I am guessing you are one of those many guests I have encountered that walk around the park and complain about bad show on anything. I had a guest walk up to me while I was doing disability viewing for Illuminations and complain about different colored cement that was used to patch a hole in the ground, and he totally called Disney Crap for having bad show like this and blah blah blahdy blah!

Captain Chaos

TiggerRPh said:
Well...I happen to disagree...I still think it looks bad. If you guys don't think it looks bad...that's fine for you...and I'm okay with that.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I happen to disagree with it.

The fact that it's been uncovered for a month or so I think does more to justify my opinion than yours.

Hopefully....it's a mute point and the new sign is up.

I agree.. You are entitled to your opinion just as everyone is entitled totheirs.. But, I want to just note something.. I was there from Oct 1-12, just got back a week ago and the tarp WAS ON.... So, the arch way was not uncovered for a month or more.. it was covered as of 2 weeks ago...

disneywy

Good thing some of you aren't at DCA right now to see the Muppets sign down during refub/construction! :animwink: j/k

Looking at the pictures though of the archway, the holes and bracket locations look exactly the same as the shape for the old MGM sign. So my guess is that it will be the same sign (probably cleaned up a bit) that gets put back up.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Wow! I thought he was talking about the White House...

I was thinking about making a comment like that, but since its me, I'd probably get 15 pages of responses about how evil I am.

So thanks for doing it for me :lol: :wave:

Woody13

Thrawn said:
I was thinking about making a comment like that, but since its me, I'd probably get 15 pages of responses about how evil I am.

You're welcome. I'm a Thrawn fan! :wave:

jmicro59

Thrawn said:

You're evil, evil, evil, EVIL I tell ya, pure 100% ultra-pasturized EVIL!! :animwink: :lol:
I just couldn't resist taking advantage of the opportunity. :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TiggerRPh said:
Granted...but it's still "bad show". Walt would never have allowed that to happen.

And how do you know that? Disneyland and DisneyWorld were not covered by tarps while they were under construction. What makes you think that just because they put up barriers and the such its for looks. 90% of the time its for safety.

brkgnews

Thrawn said:
Sigh.

Everyone stop overreacting.

The tarps were taken down so they don't blow away and cause damage in the upcoming storm. Thats it. Nothing more. Yes, it isn't the best show. But safety comes before show.

Holy merciful crap -- I actually agree with Thrawn!!! :hammer:

Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency -- right? Look what's first.

Woody13

hakunamatata said:
And how do you know that? Disneyland and DisneyWorld were not covered by tarps while they were under construction. What makes you think that just because they put up barriers and the such its for looks. 90% of the time its for safety.
Excellent post. :D

disnyfan89

brkgnews said:
Holy merciful crap -- I actually agree with Thrawn!!! :hammer:

Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency -- right? Look what's first.
Yes I think we can agree with Thrawn on this one! Disney's number one goal is always Safety. Even if that means taking the guest into the "Tunnel" or backstage!

MickeyTigg

hakunamatata said:

And how many guests were in Disneyland during the construction?

Zero!

It doesn't matter now though...I believe what the Mighty Thrawn has said. He may be evil....but he speaks the truth!

:D

All Hail Thrawn!

peter11435

TiggerRPh said:
And how many guests were in Disneyland during the construction?
Did you just decide to totally disregard the two photos I posted earlier in this thread? Both show things far worse than this and both were done under Walt’s supervision while the park was open with guests.

Woody13

peter11435 said:
Did you just decide to totally disregard the two photos I posted earlier in this thread? Both show things far worse than this and both were done under Walt’s supervision while the park was open with guests.
I concur. I always consider myself lucky if I see construction work at WDW. I watch, because I might learn something.

maxime29

Premium Member
How about the just screw the sign back in, remove all the tarps and burn them, fire all the repair people, give you a free pass to MGM because you were upset over seeing nothing for the 15932th time, and a free churro.

WOULD THAT SATISFY YOU?!?!?

:p

MickeyTigg

peter11435 said:

You said construction of Disneyland and Disney World....implying the initial construction...not construction of new attractions.

As I said....construction and repair/rehab of individual attractions are entirely two different things.

If I misunderstood your meaning...then you weren't very clear.

There's no need to be rude and obnoxious is there?

It doesn't matter since what Thrawn has posted is probably the reason.

Woody13

TiggerRPh said:
You said construction of Disneyland and Disney World....implying the initial construction...not construction of new attractions.

As I said....construction and repair/rehab of individual attractions are entirely two different things.

Peter was clear as a bell! We all understood (except for you) that the photos he posted were taken at times when the public was in full view of the attractions. You can see the visitors if you look....

tigger248

TiggerRPh said:

And, to further what Woody13 just said, 2 of the 3 pictures shown earlier are of obvious rehab/repair and not construction of new attractions. Look back at the Jungle Cruise photos. They are clearly installing new (or possibly refurbished) AA during daylight, while guests are on a boat touring the jungle cruise. To me, that's worse than a partially rehabbed sign.

But, then again, what do I know... :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom