MGM No More

siliwishes

Thrawn said:
Are you going to cry when the Yanks sign Damon?

I used to be a big Damon fan. I got my "Damon Is My Homeboy" t-shirt. But, he doesn't do it for me as much anymore. On the other hand, if we lost Manny or Big Papi, I would be pretty sad. Especially Ortiz. My friend hung out w/ Manny in his hotel room in Baltimore and puked in his bathroom.

peter11435

TiggerRPh said:
Little things like, "obviously you're disregarding..." or "You gotta be kidding" or "Come on get real" are mean and attacking statements. The don't help the discussion...they just show an utter disregard for anyone else's opinion.

I will agree that "You gotta be kidding" (which I admit I said) and "Come on get real" are somewhat mean and attacking. I don't think saying "obviously you're disregarding..." is mean especially when it was true. I was not showing utter disregard for your opinion. Your opinion was that it looke bad which I 100% agree with. What I disputed was where you said "Walt would never have allowed that to happen." That statement is not an opinion but rather a fact that is untrue, that is why I provided evidence to show that is was not the case.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jmicro59 said:
The Yanks can have the Blue Jays, all of'em. Get this darn American sport out of Canada. :lol: We got rid of the Expos the Jays are next. :animwink:

... Johnny Damon, the Red Sox Center Fielder

wannab@dis

TiggerRPh said:
You know...this is exactly the problem she's referring to. Sarcasm comes off very poorly in print unless people are expecting it or clued into it. You're poor attempt at a joke comes off as mean and as an attack. The "just kidding" comes off as an insult because no one knows whether you really mean it or not....no visual or verbal cues.

Hear me out on this... ok?

I took that as the joke it was intended and saw nothing rude or mean at all. I think it comes down to how we interpret things in general. I'm a blue sky kind of person, so I give the benefit of the doubt to posts. I rarely get upset at what someone writes unless it's blatently wrong or rude. Even then, I'll pass up many without a reply.

That's what I wish more people would do. The "your post is rude" comments do more harm than good in most cases. Report them and move on and we don't have these tangents in the threads.

TiggerRPh said:
Little things like, "obviously you're disregarding..." or "You gotta be kidding" or "Come on get real" are mean and attacking statements. The don't help the discussion...they just show an utter disregard for anyone else's opinion.

As for this discussion being a healthy debate....it's not...it's a trading off of statements because debate is an exchange of ideas...someone needs to listen...no one is listening in this thread. It's all....this is my opinion...I'm right, you're wrong....no matter what you say...it's wrong...

Same view on this one. "you gotta be kidding" is a sense of surprise to me and I wouldn't take it as an attack. Statements made in a debate / discussion are always opinionated and if we don't look for an attack, then we will have a better discussion. I can get a little rough around the edges, but I rarely mean anything rude or attacking. Again, look for the positive and you'll see that things are not always meant as an attack.

TiggerRPh said:
On the other hand Wantobe@dis and I have had a number of disagreements lately on the boards, but we both took some time away from the discussion and we can at least talk to each other (via PM) and be cordial (I want to know who let him out of the closet though so he can answer m star's trivia questions).

:lookaroun

With that said...there are a lot of people on these boards that have strong opinions and sometime emotions get the best of things. Even though the best words and the most politest language wasn't chosen....I don't think anyone meant anything bad by what has been said. I'm fairly new to the boards too and for the most part everyone gets along.
:lol:
I've been lucky in the trivia thing and the weekend is coming up so I won't be on the computer as much.

You're right, I don't think anyone around here is as mean as some people wants everyone to think. I also believe that a lot could use a dose of reality and realize that people are not out to get them.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
siliwishes said:
I used to be a big Damon fan. I got my "Damon Is My Homeboy" t-shirt. But, he doesn't do it for me as much anymore. On the other hand, if we lost Manny or Big Papi, I would be pretty sad. Especially Ortiz. My friend hung out w/ Manny in his hotel room in Baltimore and puked in his bathroom.

You might want to read this then:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2199067

I don't know how you can deal with the big crybaby that Manny is. Ortiz is a professional hitter, thats for sure. But Manny is just ... meh.

psuchad

TiggerRPh said:
You know...this is exactly the problem she's referring to. Sarcasm comes off very poorly in print unless people are expecting it or clued into it. You're poor attempt at a joke comes off as mean and as an attack. The "just kidding" comes off as an insult because no one knows whether you really mean it or not....no visual or verbal cues.
psuchad said:
Did you guys see her avatar? Off center and slightly out of focus. :hurl:

Just kidding…people will complain about anything. :animwink:
"just kidding" <------ I believe this is a verbal clue.

:animwink: <------ and I believe that is a visual clue.

siliwishes

Thrawn said:
You might want to read this then:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2199067

I don't know how you can deal with the big crybaby that Manny is. Ortiz is a professional hitter, thats for sure. But Manny is just ... meh.

ha ha. i agree. but he is still enjoyable. he's a goofball. unless he doesn't run to first and just craps out. i don't like "manny being manny." but then again, i am just the product of 2 fanatical family members. i don't always know what i am talking about. althought i have been to 17 games in the past 2 years. good times.

Brent

Looks like the topic changed in here before i got the chance to post lol well bye 2 the mgm name at least for now if not forever. I hope GMR won't have a overhaul w/ the mgm name gone just yet because i need to say my final farewell in jan. (I may have an exclusive wdw magic contest while im there stay tuned)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Brent said:
Looks like the topic changed in here before i got the chance to post lol well bye 2 the mgm name at least for now if not forever. I hope GMR won't have a overhaul w/ the mgm name gone just yet because i need to say my final farewell in jan. (I may have an exclusive wdw magic contest while im there stay tuned)

Again, please don't take this of confirmation of the MGM name leaving.

jmicro59

Thrawn said:
... Johnny Damon, the Red Sox Center Fielder

Hmmm, I don't remember asking you who Johnny Damon was, but thanks anyways and incase you received some sort of blow to the head I was merely pointing out that the Yanks could have all of the Blue Jay players as well, as I was merely making a satirical point of baseball not doing so well up here. I guessed you missed it, ah well, better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all. :hammer:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jmicro59 said:
Hmmm, I don't remember asking you who Johnny Damon was, but thanks anyways and incase you received some sort of blow to the head I was merely pointing out that the Yanks could have all of the Blue Jay players as well, as I was merely making a satirical point of baseball not doing so well up here. I guessed you missed it, ah well, better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all. :hammer:

The way you said it made it sound like Damon was on the Blue Jays. Thats the only way I could make sense out of bringing the Blue Jays up when we were discussing the Red Sox.

jmicro59

Thrawn said:
The way you said it made it sound like Damon was on the Blue Jays. Thats the only way I could make sense out of bringing the Blue Jays up when we were discussing the Red Sox.

Hmmm, to be accurate the topic of our discussion had moved to Johnny Damon who happens to be a Red Sox and not the Red Sox as a template for our topic but I digress. The point is now considered moot.

rdour@techminds

Disney vacation planning video references only Disney Studios

I just received a new DVD today. It is the new planning video. It only refers to the park as "Disney Studios" and they have dropped all references to MGM. That's too bad, because it is going to confuse people when they realize that the great movie ride contains mostly MGM shows.

Ryan

Woody13

rdour@techminds said:
I just received a new DVD today. It is the new planning video. It only refers to the park as "Disney Studios" and they have dropped all references to MGM. That's too bad, because it is going to confuse people when they realize that the great movie ride contains mostly MGM shows.

Ryan
The previous planning DVD had all references to MGM dropped as well. It will confuse only those that are easily confused.

peter11435

rdour@techminds said:
That's too bad, because it is going to confuse people when they realize that the great movie ride contains mostly MGM shows.

Thats not really true. Many of the movies in the Great Movie Ride were not associated with MGM.

disnyfan89

Also if you notice in the planning videos there is no wand on SSE. Those planning videos don't always tell or show everything truthfully. And if I'm not mistaken Disney doesn't have the rights to use the MGM name in promotional material and some merchandise. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
disnyfan89 said:
Also if you notice in the planning videos there is no wand on SSE. Those planning videos don't always tell or show everything truthfully. And if I'm not mistaken Disney doesn't have the rights to use the MGM name in promotional material and some merchandise. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Well, you, uh, aren't wrong. :wave:

BRER STITCH

For what it's worth....and I'm sure it aint much to most.....

I always found it strange that people rush out to take pictures of a construction project in the hopes of being the first one to do so, post them to a website, then complain about 'bad show' or 'lost magic'.

Ironically, NOT taking the pictures at all would be the first and foremost step to preserving the magic in the first place!

Maybe there needs to be a section titled "Unmagical Construction Photos, Regrets over the Past, and Complaints on Progress".

That should preserve the magic for the rest of us.

:rolleyes: ( <---------VISUAL CLUE!!! )

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom