MGM No More

JLW11Hi

imagineer boy said:
I am happy they are loosing the MGM name ( creates less confusion with the dumb tourists who can't tell MGM and Universal apart ), but I do hope they put something in the sign's place. Perhaps a sign that introduces the Disney Animation Courtyard?

That's not a bad idea, actually. The only reason that sign was put there in the first place is because back during the early years of the park, that archway was the entrance to the actual studio. It was where you could take the Studio Tour tram, when the tour was much longer and was the main attracton of the park.

Now its just the animation courtyard, so a sign that says "Animation Courtyard" might be of some help...

imagineer boy

JLW11Hi said:
That's not a bad idea, actually. The only reason that sign was put there in the first place is because back during the early years of the park, that archway was the entrance to the actual studio. It was where you could take the Studio Tour tram, when the tour was much longer and was the main attracton of the park.

Now its just the animation courtyard, so a sign that says "Animation Courtyard" might be of some help...

Wow, I never knew that! Thanks for sharing. I always wondered why the studios sign was there in the first place. Come to think of it, I think a new Disney Studios logo should be in order ( excluding the MGM name of couse, IF its true that they're dropping the MGM name )

CrashNet

Yes its official. Cast members are no longer allowed to call it Disney's MGM Studios or MGM Studios. It must be called The Studios or Disney's Studios now.

disnyfan89

You may be getting what they say at Traditions to cast members confused. They are told When talking to guest or backstage talking to other cast members we realize to say "Disney Mgm Studios" is long and the natural thing to do is to abriviate it and say MGM. If you must abriviate just say The Studios or Disney Studios!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom