MGM No More

KumbaRider

Thrawn said:
Sigh. Once again, the false belief that because Disney is considered a happy place, everything that talks about Disney must be happy.

Disney itself isn't always happy. The "show" part usually is, but most of the rest of the company is just a business like any other one. Do you think everything about Walmart has to be happy?

On a message board, people have differing opinions. Message boards wouldn't survive without them. Heck, Disney wouldn't survive without people that like different things. If everyone just wanted to ride Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, Disneyland would never have grown, there would never be a Walt Disney World, and we wouldn't be here discussing this.

:lol:

psuchad

Thrawn said:
Sigh. Once again, the false belief that because Disney is considered a happy place, everything that talks about Disney must be happy.

Disney itself isn't always happy. The "show" part usually is, but most of the rest of the company is just a business like any other one. Do you think everything about Walmart has to be happy?

On a message board, people have differing opinions. Message boards wouldn't survive without them. Heck, Disney wouldn't survive without people that like different things. If everyone just wanted to ride Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, Disneyland would never have grown, there would never be a Walt Disney World, and we wouldn't be here discussing this.

Well said Thrawn and I didn't even see a personal attack in there.

Hey I went to school in "Happy Valley" and it wasn't always happy. Actually this year has been the happiest it's been in a long time. Go JoePa!

wannab@dis

psuchad said:
Did you guys see her avatar? Off center and slightly out of focus. :hurl:

Just kidding…people will complain about anything. :animwink:

You owe me a pack of paper towels... I just spewed my drink on the monitor when I read that! :lol:

psuchad

wannab@dis said:
You owe me a pack of paper towels... I just spewed my drink on the monitor when I read that! :lol:
towel.jpg

Punkss

Thrawn said:
Suction right from your hand, eh? Sounds like a good idea. Have you pitched this to Disney?

Thrawn I think we all know what the problem with that is...how could you theme it?!!? And think of the horror "OMG I saw litter sucker, Walt would never have allowed this! Down with Iger and his cronies...boycott the parks..."(and so on ad infinitum).

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Punkss said:
Thrawn I think we all know what the problem with that is...how could you theme it?!!? And think of the horror "OMG I saw litter sucker, Walt would never have allowed this! Down with Iger and his cronies...boycott the parks..."(and so on ad infinitum).

Well, you could make it look like Stitch, since he eats anything.

Or ... given the anti-Eisner sentiment on these boards, you could make it look like Michael Eisner, since he obviously sucks.

*Note*: I do not think Eisner sucks, this was a joke.

Sort of on-topic: Wheres the blame on Iger for this "bad show"? :hammer: If Eisner was still in charge, I'm sure it would have been his fault.

siliwishes

psuchad said:

Like I said, you guys can be pretty mean. Don't say there are not personal attacks on people because that certainly was one. I use this board to have fun when I am put on hold on the phone at work... to discuss fun things with people. Not to make fun of people's spelling and opinions and gang up on people. I hope people will still welcome me here. I was sticking up for those who get dumped on and now I am a target. Thanks.

psuchad

siliwishes said:
Like I said, you guys can be pretty mean. Don't say there are not personal attacks on people because that certainly was one. I use this board to have fun when I am put on hold on the phone at work... to discuss fun things with people. Not to make fun of people's spelling and opinions and gang up on people. I hope people will still welcome me here. I was sticking up for those who get dumped on and now I am a target. Thanks.

I certainly hope you didn’t think I was attacking you. I was simply giving an example of how others can find fault in anything.

The sky is not blue enough. Disney gave me a free room upgrade but the water view room was on an 80 degree angle to the pool instead of the lake. Stuff like that.

MeTa

For me its one of those things that I will call by its original name for the rest of my life. I have no sentimental connection or anything but I am just used to it.

jmicro59

siliwishes said:

Although I do agree with you a little bit, very little but be that as it may you do have to realize that you're fairly new to this board and what you may think looks like personal attacks they may not be and also this is real life, we don't live in the Magic Kingdom so as others have mentioned before. So you'll just have to either deal with what this board is or stop visiting. :)
I noticed also you're avatar lists Boston as your "place" on this earth, you may just be having a hard time dealing with the Red Sox getting slapped around by the White Sox, once you get over that come back and visit and stop moving so quick, that target on your back is hard to hit when you're scurrying around like that. :animwink:

siliwishes

psuchad said:
I certainly hope you didn’t think I was attacking you. I was simply giving an example of how others can find fault in anything.

The sky is not blue enough. Disney gave me a free room upgrade but the water view room was on an 80 degree angle to the pool instead of the lake. Stuff like that.

Sorry, that was my mistake. The point I really wanted to make is exactly what is happening now and it is my fault. I hate seeing a discussion over a certain subject turned into a 5 page debate over offensive remarks. So, for me, I will end this discussion.

MickeyTigg

Thrawn said:
Well, you could make it look like Stitch, since he eats anything.

Or ... given the anti-Eisner sentiment on these boards, you could make it look like Michael Eisner, since he obviously sucks.

*Note*: I do not think Eisner sucks, this was a joke.

Sort of on-topic: Wheres the blame on Iger for this "bad show"? :hammer: If Eisner was still in charge, I'm sure it would have been his fault.

Aren't you Eisner?

:rolleyes:

siliwishes

jmicro59 said:
Although I do agree with you a little bit, very little but be that as it may you do have to realize that you're fairly new to this board and what you may think looks like personal attacks they may not be and also this is real life, we don't live in the Magic Kingdom so as others have mentioned before. So you'll just have to either deal with what this board is or stop visiting. :)
I noticed also you're avatar lists Boston as your "place" on this earth, you may just be having a hard time dealing with the Red Sox getting slapped around by the White Sox, once you get over that come back and visit and stop moving so quick, that target on your back is hard to hit when you're scurrying around like that. :animwink:

HA HA. Actually, I am happy for the White Sox. I root for two teams: The Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees (or basically, anyone but the Yankees.) My dad and brother have season tickets. We are nuts.

And you know, I do understand it's not a perfect world. I guess I just assume that, well, for me, WDW is the one pure idea in my head. I love how happy it is. And I assume that you all feel the same. So when I see people trashing other people, it makes me feel bad. I can't explain it. I come to this board to be like, "Yay! I am going to WDW soon! Let's share the love!" and instead I see a lot of bitterness creeping through. Sorry if I miss some inside jokes and sarcasm. It's the same deal when I go to a concert for a band I love. I love that I share the same passion as everyone around me and when someone ruins it by being rude, or overly drunk, or by screaming the entire time, it makes me pretty mad.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
siliwishes said:
HA HA. Actually, I am happy for the White Sox. I root for two teams: The Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees (or basically, anyone but the Yankees.) My dad and brother have season tickets. We are nuts.

Are you going to cry when the Yanks sign Damon?

jmicro59

siliwishes said:

And you know, I do understand it's not a perfect world. I guess I just assume that, well, for me, WDW is the one pure idea in my head. I love how happy it is. And I assume that you all feel the same. So when I see people trashing other people, it makes me feel bad. I can't explain it. I come to this board to be like, "Yay! I am going to WDW soon! Let's share the love!" and instead I see a lot of bitterness creeping through. Sorry if I miss some inside jokes and sarcasm. It's the same deal when I go to a concert for a band I love. I love that I share the same passion as everyone around me and when someone ruins it by being rude, or overly drunk, or by screaming the entire time, it makes me pretty mad.

Ahh don't let it get to ya, besides the only reason we're all grumpy here is because we're not at Disney right now. :lol:

jmicro59

Thrawn said:
Are you going to cry when the Yanks sign Damon?

The Yanks can have the Blue Jays, all of'em. Get this darn American sport out of Canada. :lol: We got rid of the Expos the Jays are next. :animwink:

MickeyTigg

psuchad said:

You know...this is exactly the problem she's referring to. Sarcasm comes off very poorly in print unless people are expecting it or clued into it. You're poor attempt at a joke comes off as mean and as an attack. The "just kidding" comes off as an insult because no one knows whether you really mean it or not....no visual or verbal cues.

Little things like, "obviously you're disregarding..." or "You gotta be kidding" or "Come on get real" are mean and attacking statements. The don't help the discussion...they just show an utter disregard for anyone else's opinion.

As for this discussion being a healthy debate....it's not...it's a trading off of statements because debate is an exchange of ideas...someone needs to listen...no one is listening in this thread. It's all....this is my opinion...I'm right, you're wrong....no matter what you say...it's wrong...

On the other hand Wantobe@dis and I have had a number of disagreements lately on the boards, but we both took some time away from the discussion and we can at least talk to each other (via PM) and be cordial (I want to know who let him out of the closet though so he can answer m star's trivia questions).

:lookaroun

With that said...there are a lot of people on these boards that have strong opinions and sometime emotions get the best of things. Even though the best words and the most politest language wasn't chosen....I don't think anyone meant anything bad by what has been said. I'm fairly new to the boards too and for the most part everyone gets along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom