MGM No More

peter11435

SpenceMan01 said:
I didn't mean to spark a 'bad show' battle. I was just surprised to see the tarps come down without a sign and with 'shotgun holes' in the arch. I never said the words 'bad show' and I don't think we can know from this one way or the other if the MGM name is coming back.
My posts were not directed at you but rather everyone who felt this was bad show or something Walt would not have done. And while you did not use the words bad show TiggerRPh among others most certainly did.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Sigh.

Everyone stop overreacting.

The tarps were taken down so they don't blow away and cause damage in the upcoming storm. Thats it. Nothing more. Yes, it isn't the best show. But safety comes before show.

MickeyTigg

Well...I happen to disagree...I still think it looks bad. If you guys don't think it looks bad...that's fine for you...and I'm okay with that.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I happen to disagree with it.

The fact that it's been uncovered for a month or so I think does more to justify my opinion than yours.

Hopefully....it's a mute point and the new sign is up.

MickeyTigg

Thrawn said:
The tarps were taken down so they don't blow away and cause damage in the upcoming storm. Thats it. Nothing more. Yes, it isn't the best show. But safety comes before show.

Thank you Thrawn for explaining this.

:lookaroun

The mighty Thrawn...has spoken!

:D

peter11435

TiggerRPh said:
Well...I happen to disagree...I still think it looks bad. If you guys don't think it looks bad...that's fine for you...and I'm okay with that.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I happen to disagree with it.

The fact that it's been uncovered for a month or so I think does more to justify my opinion than yours.

I am not saying it doesn't look bad. I am disagreeing with your comment that Walt would not have allowed it. I have done more than enough to prove that Walt allowed things just as bad if not worse. I agree it looks bad, however it is not bad show nor is it something Walt would not have allowed in his park. Also it has not been uncovered for a month. The tarps and scaffolding just came down.

Huge Dreamer

Maybe they just took down the covering so if they get any high winds from Wilma it wont be a big kit, I don't think they would drop the MGM name yet because if they where changing it to Disney Studios they would of put up the new sign when the took the old one down.

edit: didn't see the other pages

KumbaRider

TiggerRPh said:

Relax, just take a deep breath.

TheDisneyMagic

Yes so what this does not look the best, it is more than likely to do with the fact that 1 there is a storm on it's way and two it was time for a little clean up, it would be much easier for them to clean it in a workshop where they can also add touchups than to do it with it still mounted up. Yes I agree maybe something could have been added over it whilst the work is being done but is it really worth it because anything they can put up will more than likely be pulled down by the storm.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
disnyfan89 said:
Does that mean there taking down all the covers on the Train Station as well for the same reason?

I would guess they will leave those until the last day before the storm hits. That way pictures of the front of MK aren't completely ruined until then.

With this sign being a much lesser item, the storm prep people did it now.

Tim G

lebeau said:
ky102005h.jpg

So finally, It ends up with..."Disney Studios"...:D

disnyfan89

Thrawn said:
I would guess they will leave those until the last day before the storm hits. That way pictures of the front of MK aren't completely ruined until then.

With this sign being a much lesser item, the storm prep people did it now.
That would make sence!

[offtopic] Corrus I love your avatar [/offtopic]

peter11435

DisneyJill said:
Alrighty then. I'm convinced. :cool:
I don't know if you are being serious or not, but just so you know it has not been uncovered for a month. It has only been like that for a couple days.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
I don't know if you are being serious or not, but just so you know it has not been uncovered for a month. It has only been like that for a couple days.

Since yesterday.

DisneyJill

peter11435 said:

No...I guess the sarcasm wasn't laid on quite thick enough. :p

imagineer boy

I am happy they are loosing the MGM name ( creates less confusion with the dumb tourists who can't tell MGM and Universal apart ), but I do hope they put something in the sign's place. Perhaps a sign that introduces the Disney Animation Courtyard?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
imagineer boy said:
I am happy they are loosing the MGM name ( creates less confusion with the dumb tourists who can't tell MGM and Universal apart ), but I do hope they put something in the sign's place. Perhaps a sign that introduces the Disney Animation Courtyard?

Please don't take this as confirmation they are dropping the MGM name.

BTW, in your sig, its Busch Stadium. For Anheuser-Busch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom