Mermaid Lagoon Coming to MK!!!?????

DarkMeasures

Hnestly, I want Pirates to be completly rebuilt into a 10 minute longer spectacle instead of seeing any new rides. But now that I live on the West coast, maybe I should just go to Disneyland...

S.E.A.

Is it true imagineers were doing a ballon height test on the 20k site 2 days ago?

no the balloon thing was for the volcano ride that was supposed to be built behind Pirates, Fire Mountain. they were testing how it would be seen fron the surrounding resorts, it proved really well for the Poly.

Empress Room

Does the MK really need another E ticket attraction?

Well, considering that the MK really hasn't had a major e-ticket since Splash Mountain nearly 15 years ago (PhilharMagic is the last original addition and it's a show - Stitch doesn't count since it's a redo of AE) then the answer is a definitive and resounding YES.

In order to remain relevant and to continue to attract tourists, MK does need to grow and add e-tickets. Complete redesigns and rehabs of POTC and SM are essential and proper; however, the buzz surrounding e-ticket additions cannot be underestimated. Look what EE has done for AK.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In order to remain relevant and to continue to attract tourists, MK does need to grow and add e-tickets. Complete redesigns and rehabs of POTC and SM are essential and proper; however, the buzz surrounding e-ticket additions cannot be underestimated. Look what EE has done for AK.

I can agree with most of what you say, but I dont think you can compare MK and DAK. DAK was a severly underdeveloped and I would argue that any new attraction bigger than a snack cart would have a greater impact on DAK than an attraction at MK. I agree, a new E ticket would be great, however, I think the investment could be used better at other parks. Thats just how I feel this morning....it could change this afteroon. :lol:

Snapper Bean

Screamscape also posted this. They said it has suddenly become a HUGE buzz over the past 24 hours. :)

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that the Screamscape post was based merely on the discussions on this site. Unfortunately, that's the way the internet works. Repeating what somebody else has posted later serves as confirmation of the original report.

That being said, I'm really enjoying the rumors about the possible projects and hinted forthcoming announcements....

RSoxNo1

I'm not sure how the timing of this would work. Would they wait for the new E ticket to be built before rehabing Space Mountain?

Judging by Lee's words in this thread, the big E-Ticket for the kingdom won't be announce in October's press conference. With something on the drawing board, it would seem more logical to build the new attraction first, then close down Space for the year or so it will take to do the rehab.

sabian

If you look at old pictures from 20k leagues, and then look at the pooh area, you will see that hundred acre wood takes up only a fraction of the space previously occupied by 20k leagues under the sea. I think it would be a wonderful addition to the area. Hope it happens...

Thurp

Why does it always have to end up being about Harry Potter? I think we definately need to come up with a new never going to happen type attraction. Harry Potter is just getting too old.

Actually, why does it always have to end up being about an established property? Why can't it be new and original and not part of some "synergy"?

Examples:
Pirates of the Caribbean (before the new movie)
Haunted Mansion (before new movie)
Jungle Cruise (before upcoming movie)
Soarin'
Mission Space
Test Track
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest
etc
etc
etc

So I rather see rides like that than "Stitch is so hot right now, let's make a ride about him!"

Slowjack

Actually, why does it always have to end up being about an established property? Why can't it be new and original and not part of some "synergy"?

Examples:
Pirates of the Caribbean (before the new movie)
Haunted Mansion (before new movie)
Jungle Cruise (before upcoming movie)
Soarin'
Mission Space
Test Track
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest
etc
etc
etc

So I rather see rides like that than "Stitch is so hot right now, let's make a ride about him!"
Mission Space was originally going to be tied in to "Mission to Mars" butthat when the film didn't go that well at the box office it was decided to downplay the connection. But I agree with your point. Disney needs to create rides based on existing properties, and also create rides that have nothing to do with existing properties. Sometimes designers can do their best work when unfettered by the thoughts of tie-ins.

RSoxNo1

The problem is that as the company's premier park, WDW Magic Kingdom is the number one destination for children. This makes the need for character tie ins a little more necessary then in other parks.

Thurp

Mission Space was originally going to be tied in to "Mission to Mars" butthat when the film didn't go that well at the box office it was decided to downplay the connection.

Interesting, thanks for the trivia. I personally enjoyed the movie and watch it on occasion. That would also explain why they used what's-his-name in the pre-show. I never put two and two together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom