Mermaid Lagoon Coming to MK!!!?????

S.E.A.

i have a funny feeling that it's not gonna be Mermaid Lagoon but rather, the original Little Mermaid Dark ride that's coming to MK. It would make more sense if they did that.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
i have a funny feeling that it's not gonna be Mermaid Lagoon but rather, the original Little Mermaid Dark ride that's coming to MK. It would make more sense if they did that.

That would make sense to me. There is a documentary on the upcoming dvd that features Tony Baxter talking about the Little Mermaid dark ride.

Also yea Mission:Space was supposed to be based on Mission to Mars which in itself is loosely inspired by the old Magic Kingdom/Disneyland ride. In addition to Gary Sinese being in the preshow aren't there also props from the movie in the pavillion? I know some of the font and promotional imagery they used for Mission:Space is very similar to Mission to mars as well.

Snapper Bean

It would really be something for Disney to make a new dark ride from scratch. All of the recent iterations of "new" dark rides have used an existing track - Monsters, Inc. from Superstar Limo, Nemo from Seacabs, Buzz Lightyear from Dreamflight. I guess Midway Mania would qualify as a "new" dark ride but that hasn't been announced yet either. In any event, I applaud the notion that an existing park can be supplemented by a new dark ride as opposed to only with a new thrill ride. Very much hope that this happens to be true.

S.E.A.

Given the marketing reliance on them, I am suprised each of the princesses doesnt have her own dark ride....

Beauty and the Beast was supposed to have a Tikki-room style attraction in Paris that wold have opened the same time as their Mermaid darkride.

Sleeping Beauty was supposed to be the scary dark ride for MK when it opened but they decided to cut corners and cloned Snow White instead.

i'm actually pretty glad that not all the princesses have a dark ride since really, only 3 of them have dark-ride worthy stories (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid). The rest are confined to just one environment that don't realy merit elaborate "rides".

Captain Chaos

Given the marketing reliance on them, I am suprised each of the princesses doesnt have her own dark ride....

Actually, didn't the Imagineers pitch a Disney Princess dark ride to Michael Eisner and he fell in love with the idea? He approved of the ride but the bankers didn't? I thought it led to one of the best quotes I ever heard.. When Eisner give it the OK, the mney guys waited until he left the room then told the IMagineers no way.. When they said Eisner gave the OK, the money guys said some along the lines of, You actually think HE runs this company?? So, Eisner had a princess dark ride ready, but, of course, these bankers knocked it down...

RSoxNo1

I know there is set to be an announcement in early october. Is it going to be on the 1st, 4th or another date?

Also, is the content of this announcement going to be any different than what was discussed in the individual park's town meetings?

gniko21

Actually, why does it always have to end up being about an established property? Why can't it be new and original and not part of some "synergy"?

Examples:
Pirates of the Caribbean (before the new movie)
Haunted Mansion (before new movie)
Jungle Cruise (before upcoming movie)
Soarin'
Mission Space
Test Track
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest
etc
etc
etc

So I rather see rides like that than "Stitch is so hot right now, let's make a ride about him!"

And that's a good example of why it's not 'always' about an established property.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Honestly, I would like to see a new, non movie based attraction. Somethig orriginal that would become a classic that maybe they could do a movie on in a few years.

Also remember a new product line Disney Faries is an asset that could be made into a dark ride in Fantasy Land.

DisneyRoxMySox

If they don't put an E-ticket back there or somewhere, doesn't that just sound more awful every time you hear it? :fork:

To be honest, I think it may be hard to put a mountain where the Pooh playground is. I know there will be enough space..but how could they hide the ride building..or prevent guests from seeing back stage..but that doesn't seem to be a priority anymore.

EDIT: I am sure a lot more people know more than I do, just an observation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom