Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here's the thing. It's not a discussion. This isn't a discussion. If Disney says MASKS ARE REQUIRED. That's it. End of convo. If you want to go you have to wear a mask. It doesn't matter what you think of the merit of wearing a mask is, Doesn't matter if you think people are scared and you are not, it does not matter what your stupid reasoning is. If masks are required shut up and put on the mask or keep your butt home. It's not a conversation at that point. Do it or don't go.

Chi84

Premium Member
Here's the thing. It's not a discussion. This isn't a discussion. If Disney says MASKS ARE REQUIRED. That's it. End of convo. If you want to go you have to wear a mask. It doesn't matter what you think of the merit of wearing a mask is, Doesn't matter if you think people are scared and you are not, it does not matter what your stupid reasoning is. If masks are required shut up and put on the mask or keep your butt home. It's not a conversation at that point. Do it or don't go.
Isn’t this a discussion board?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Isn’t this a discussion board?
The whole website is. But on this topic there is no discussion to be had smart guy. Convo is over. If Disney mandates mask are a requirement- convo done. You wana go, put on a mask. Doesn't matter if you think masks have any value, or if you think people are scared, once the rule is in place- deal with it or stay your butt home.

Did you really think theme parks would open up and be exactly as they were before? This is your way of life now. Things have changed forever. There is no going back. There is no door number 3 on this game show to choose from. Once Disney makes the rule, its follow it, or stay home. No discussion to be had. All this back and forth is pointless. Adapt or die.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I've been to universal since reopening and wearing a mask isn't too bad. There are plenty of rest areas with lots of room between people where you can take your mask off and breathe/relax. I was 20ft or more from other people.

Still a lot of people here who don't seem to heed warnings about keeping masks on though. Employees do yell at them to put them on.

As for beaches.. Was at Siesta Key beach a few days ago (over weekend) and it was pretty dead. Haven't braved the Atlantic side though and don't know anything about the panhandle. I've heard cocoa beach is usually packed (beach closest to disney). 😔

crawale

Unless you are hospitalized or die the active cases are not relevant. With more testing more cases are found. Most of the new cases are either asymptomatic or mild - staying at home. Media hypes the number of cases and people who don't think get panicked. If a person tests positive for COVID it means little unless they are hospitalized or die.

disneygeek90

Unless you are hospitalized or die the active cases are not relevant. With more testing more cases are found. Most of the new cases are either asymptomatic or mild - staying at home. Media hypes the number of cases and people who don't think get panicked. If a person tests positive for COVID it means little unless they are hospitalized or die.
The percent positive is also rising. If the overall cases were consistent that number wouldn't be changing much.

And, like many others have said, there are potentially many other side effects that aren't just death that could be serious in the future.

Po'Rich

Well, if a person tests postive for COVID it does mean one thing: it means that you are significantly more likely to pass it on to another (who may be hospitalized or die) than a person who tests negative.

Goofyernmost

The whole website is. But on this topic there is no discussion to be had smart guy. Convo is over. If Disney mandates mask are a requirement- convo done. You wana go, put on a mask. Doesn't matter if you think masks have any value, or if you think people are scared, once the rule is in place- deal with it or stay your butt home.

Did you really think theme parks would open up and be exactly as they were before? This is your way of life now. Things have changed forever. There is no going back. There is no door number 3 on this game show to choose from. Once Disney makes the rule, its follow it, or stay home. No discussion to be had. All this back and forth is pointless. Adapt or die.
I wouldn't go so far as to say "forever", but it will be that way for at least two years, I'm thinking. The Spanish Flu in 1917 killed millions of people, but very little concern was there by about 1920. Things went back to normal, health wise, and stayed that way for 100 years. I think we will survive without all that drama.

That said, I guess it is OK to agree or disagree with the mask rule as long as we realize we are just expressing our opinions and are totally aware that whether or not the requirement exists does not hinge on what we think it should be. It is what it is. We can accept it, but we don't have to go there while it is happening nor do we have any right to try and belittle those that are willing to comply to experience Disney. It is one of the few things that we do have complete control over... if we will go or not. We have no say in whether or not the rule exists. We used to be able to smoke there all the time in every place except the attraction itself. We adapted. This is just another hiccup that we need to adjust to for the time being.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "forever", but it will be that way for at least two years, I'm thinking. The Spanish Flu in 1917 killed millions of people, but very little concern was there by about 1920. Things went back to normal, health wise, and stayed that way for 100 years. I think we will survive without all that drama.

That said, I guess it is OK to agree or disagree with the mask rule as long as we realize we are just expressing our opinions and are totally aware that whether or not the requirement exists does not hinge on what we think it should be. It is what it is. We can accept it, but we don't have to go there while it is happening nor do we have any right to try and belittle those that are willing to comply to experience Disney. It is one of the few things that we do have complete control over... if we will go or not. We have no say in whether or not the rule exists. We used to be able to smoke there all the time in every place except the attraction itself. We adapted. This is just another hiccup that we need to adjust to for the time being.
I agree with this. The restrictions won't be around forever, but they will be around till Disney sees that they need be for the safety of there guests and cast members. It is as simple as that really. So we as guests need to either make our own decisions on whether we can deal with the restrictions until they are lifted. That is another simple thing really. It is either yes you can deal with it or no you can't.

Ldno

I mean heck look at HEB in texas right now, for example last week they removed the mask requirement completely then all of a sudden they are reinstating the mask policy AGAIN. Disney can’t afford the PR nightmare if they went all in, so they will just cover their bases no matter what.

heck if it’s any indication on how my experience at the disney store outlet went where they required my kids to have masks on but the city does not and they provide the masks who can complain, they are a private business

jaklgreen

One of your freedoms is not to kill others because you feel it is a pain not too. I said you have a right to do what you want, but, I also have a right to not want you near me. I have rights too. If I decide that one of my rights is life then you doing action that endangers that for me, is not your right. Wearing a mask is a pretty lame thing to pick up on as a right anyway. If you had a visible disease than you do not have a right to go into a closed, populated building and give it to others. Just because you cannot see Covid19 doesn't make it any less dangerous and I am not expendable. I guess you have a right to suicide by illness, but you do not have the right to take me with you and most people with any moral compass would not want too. However, it appears that this particular thing does not come under any heading of requiring some degree of responsibility and concern for others.

If only what you say was true. If we all the the "right" to force others around us to not do things, that they are legally able to, that affect us, then smokers would only be allowed to smoke inside their homes. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and it most definitely affects my health and well being. But smokers are still allowed to smoke around me if they want to. For example, the smokers that feel the need to smoke while walking from their car to the grocery store right up to the door. That most definitely affects those around them. No one is legally required to keep you "safe" from themselves when they are doing something legal. I wish that the government was as diligent with keeping us safe with other things as they are with Covid. But then are not making money off of it like they do cigarettes. Those who die from second hand smoke are just as important as those who die from Covid, or the flu, or drunk drives, etc.

lazyboy97o

If only what you say was true. If we all the the "right" to force others around us to not do things, that they are legally able to, that affect us, then smokers would only be allowed to smoke inside their homes. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and it most definitely affects my health and well being. But smokers are still allowed to smoke around me if they want to. For example, the smokers that feel the need to smoke while walking from their car to the grocery store right up to the door. That most definitely affects those around them. No one is legally required to keep you "safe" from themselves when they are doing something legal. I wish that the government was as diligent with keeping us safe with other things as they are with Covid. But then are not making money off of it like they do cigarettes. Those who die from second hand smoke are just as important as those who die from Covid, or the flu, or drunk drives, etc.
Many places do prohibit smoking in a variety of public spaces.

EdnaMode

I mean heck look at HEB in texas right now, for example last week they removed the mask requirement completely then all of a sudden they are reinstating the mask policy AGAIN. Disney can’t afford the PR nightmare if they went all in, so they will just cover their bases no matter what.

heck if it’s any indication on how my experience at the disney store outlet went where they required my kids to have masks on but the city does not and they provide the masks who can complain, they are a private business

Who goes into HEB without a mask during the time when it was voluntary?? I love our Texas HEB employees, they are the best! We should not be in there without a mask, it's the least we can to do respect that they are doing a risky job to keep our favorite food store open.

Who goes into Disney without a mask during this time?? I love our Disney cast, they are the best! We should not be in there without a mask, it's the least we can to do respect that they are doing a risky job to keep our favorite theme parks open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom