Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JohnD

Have you bought one of these masks and do you like it? How comfortable is it compared to paper masks?

Masks arrived. Being cotton they’re very comfortable.

7BC1114B-5CE5-4020-9178-0EA24C27F66F.jpeg

JohnD

That's kind of my point. If you don't GO to a theme park, there's a 0% chance you pick up a virus at a theme park.

True. But we can’t stop living our lives either. Everyone is entitled to make up their own minds. July is already maxed out for park reservations for two parks. I intend to go in October. Time to move on under the COVID restrictions we are all now used to. For now.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you don't want to wear a mask, just say medical reasons. Nobody can question you over that because of HIPPA.
HIPAA doesn't apply for reasons too numerous to list here. Maybe you mean the ADA, which probably won't exempt you from the requirement either.

Edit: Just briefly, HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It acts to protect a person's medical records and personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses and health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. It does not apply to employers, life insurers, and other entities and most certainly has nothing to do with masks at Disney.

Last edited:

TaoBoxer

HIPAA doesn't apply for reasons too numerous to list here. Maybe you mean the ADA, which probably won't exempt you from the requirement either.

Edit: Just briefly, HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It acts to protect a person's medical records and personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses and health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. It does not apply to employers, life insurers, and other entities and most certainly has nothing to do with masks at Disney.
Thanks. Let me clarify.
You are correct about what HIPPA protects. There are crossed lines between medical conditions and disabilities (protected by ADA). However, if someone has a medical condition, not necessarily a disability, that prevents them from wearing a mask and they walk into Disney or a public place, the only thing a Disney employee can do is ask you to put on a mask. Once you tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing it, they cannot legally ask you to disclose your condition under HIPPA. They can only take you at your word.

Chi84

Premium Member
Thanks. Let me clarify.
You are correct about what HIPPA protects. There are crossed lines between medical conditions and disabilities (protected by ADA). However, if someone has a medical condition, not necessarily a disability, that prevents them from wearing a mask and they walk into Disney or a public place, the only thing a Disney employee can do is ask you to put on a mask. Once you tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing it, they cannot legally ask you to disclose your condition under HIPPA. They can only take you at your word.
I really can't do more at this point other than to say that is just not correct. Also, it's HIPAA - not HIPPA as in hippo.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Thanks. Let me clarify.
No, you have to invoke your rights under the Domestic Uniform Medical Benefits Act.

NelleBelle

Great, so now we're lying and using the excuse we having "medical condition" for why we're not going to wear a mask. How offensive to those who actual DO have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask. Using the ADA to protect a made-up condition just so you don't have to wear a mask is despicable. It's just as disgusting as those who bring their dogs and claim they are service dogs just so the can have the animal with them.:banghead:

Wendy Pleakley

The use of masks is a safety measure that will allow the theme parks to open sooner rather than later.

If people use a loophole to get out of wearing a mask, the consequence may very well be that the parks have to close again.

Stay home if you dislike wearing a mask, or even if you cannot wear one due to a legitimate medical condition.

Doodlelicious

As much as I love WDW I voted no as I will wait and hope for lighter restrictions down the road. It could end up as wishful thinking and a long wait, but if that is what it takes to keep me safe than I suppose I will take those measures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom