Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyFan

Exactly. Comcast is a huge corporation and they haven't required masks on universal transportation for quite some time.

Airlines are huge corporations and would suffer much more than Disney if they are seen as unsafe COVID spreaders and they all dropped masking pretty much instantly. My friend said there are videos of the policy being dropped mid flight today.
I think the difference is in the size of the fleet operations.
Disney has a lot more buses and drivers than Universal.
The NTSB jurisdiction came following the monorail accident in 2009. The NTSB injected themselves as the investigator and Disney accepted that change acknowledging that it was the first time the NTSB investigated a privately operating transportation system on private property. The NTSB classifies the monorail as a railroad and investigated it as such.

A quote from the NTSB at the time- “It is a widely used transportation system that is used by the public,” he said.

As I understand it the masking difference on the Skyliner has to do with the smaller capacity of the individual vehicles.
The NTSB is an investigative agency, they don't have regulatory authority.

I believe because of the size of Disney's bus operations, it means they would be subject to US Department of Transportation (USDOT) and Florida DOT (maybe) regulatory agencies.

The fact that Disney operates in their own government entity (RCID) has little to do with things, because it still resides within the broad reaching authority of DOT and FDOT.

Last edited:

drizgirl

How so? They are private transportation and if this was the case they would have had to continue doing so on the skyliner. They are not subject to federal guidelines in that way.
Disney only dropped them on the Skyliner to avoid pushback when they dropped them on the $tarcuiser.

correcaminos

Disney only dropped them on the Skyliner to avoid pushback when they dropped them on the $tarcuiser.
Don't think so. They were removed while I was there. Indoor masks were dropped before that. Same with boats. Unless you're talking the truck ride. Which never made sense to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It does seem like a mystery what lawyers, medical staff, and risk teams might use to justify any of their actions, especially concerning mask mandates.

What they’re doing to try and “end” this…is a bit of a mystery…The whole 2+ year thing…really isn’t. It was never going to be “clean” or “definitive”…but everyone has learned from it…if they choose to.

Obviously that’s a harder sell than it should be.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not sure skyliner falls in the same category…at least from Disney’s perspective. If you don’t mix parties…is it really a “public transportation system”? That gives them a little wiggle and it’s their own narrative anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not a mystery - you just have to think like a billion dollar corporation that has a brand and reputation to protect (obviously pre-culture-war).

If there's a chance, even miniscule, that Disney could be outed as the site of a massive super spreader, they will take as much action as possible to shift the responsibility onto the guests.

Beyond that, Disney is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE corporation who will be slow to act and react owing merely to its internal processes and bureaucracy.

Source: me: I work with brands; and my wife: an insurance attorney who deals with issues of risk.

Dude…you way out kicked your coverage…

1650374488380.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's not pretend that Disney's only ever made good decisions.

Or do I need to remind everyone of Mickey's Kitchen, The Lone Ranger, and Journey Into Your Imagination?
All leftover decisions regarding this kind of thing are a political and economic guessing game. Everyone wants “normal”…but the liability of making mistakes is why few lawyers ever go broke.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Which was always dumb IMO. But yes they classified both as attractions at the same time. I still say the monorail is but....
Meanwhile....Broadway shows will EXTEND mask mandate until May 30th....or they can could change their minds if COVID 19 cases is low in NYC by next month.

There is no place like a mask mandate show business....:cry:

Now we will getting worried in this Fall/Winter as the future COVID surge will be bad for mask mandate come back for everywhere as transportation too in this Fall/Winter. I'm scared about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom